Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Top 4 next season - is it Realistic?

20 hours ago, MPH said:

The King power group wasnt built by people who were not ambitious and were happy to settle for a few quid in their back pocket.

we have GOT to be ambitious. Its a MUST. 

Otherwise, what's the point?

Our new motto should be : "gaudete perfecti virtus praeparabo"

( Aim for perfection, settle for excellence).

Great idea, but somehow I can't see that chant resonating from the terraces!

16 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I think us breaking into the top 6 will be a lot to do with teams like Everton and Southampton. Everton fans are expecting huge changes this summer so it will be interesting to see how that goes and Southampton always seem to do well

Everton's "huge changes" might start with losing Lukaku and Barkley, which would hamper them. Southampton might lose their manager, and if their players get cherrypicked again, who's to say they can keep recovering as they have done so far.

Just now, deep blue said:

Everton's "huge changes" might start with losing Lukaku and Barkley, which would hamper them. Southampton might lose their manager, and if their players get cherrypicked again, who's to say they can keep recovering as they have done so far.

They just always seem to no matter what happens

46 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Great idea, but somehow I can't see that chant resonating from the terraces!

Haha, by motto i meant kind of like that latin some clubs have on their badges.... I think Everton's, for example, is something like Nil Satis  nisi optimum ( nothing satisfies but the best).

In our decent run we have lost to - Everton, arsenal, citeh and Spurs .  You could argue that Everton had extenuating circumstances but we were a goal up and couldn't defend thereafter.

id say top four ambitions are completely fanciful unless the recruitment over the summer is 100m + nett and exceptional in quality. 

I think bottom four would be more realistic without a big overhaul of the squad.

Wes and Huth will be another year older, King and Amartey will probably still be kicking about and we'll still be relying on Vardy to get all our goals.

We need to make some changes imo.

After the Athletico game, yes.

After last nights game, no.

That's how it works.

I'd say overall, not yet.

If teams like Arsenal and Man Utd are asking the same question, then for us it's a tall order.

What? we won the league....yeah I know....but we've seen from this season the overall quality and attitude we need to add in order to get into the top 8, let alone the top 4. 

Next season has to be a transition, then again whenever is a club not in transition?. 

Let's all have a breather, and review around July time. 

Archived