Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sk3since03

Destiny 2

Not alot to say other than i can't bloody wait! Easily sunk a thousand hours into Destiny, probably more! 

Looks like Bungie/Activision have took alot of fan feedback on board and gone with it.

Who else is a big Destiny fan ?

I'm also in 2 minds whether to go all out on PC! I'll probably get both PC/PS4 

11 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I used to enjoy this on PS4. I dont touch the console now so if I do get it it will bee fore PC, if I know enough other people who are playing. because its crap on your own

Better matchmaking too i hear, not more LFP crap! Yeah i'm defiantly leaning towards PC  

23 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Better matchmaking too i hear, not more LFP crap! Yeah i'm defiantly leaning towards PC  

Yeah they're releasing an basically an in-game LFG. As Luke Smith stated that 50% of players didn't experience raids or nightfalls, a truly shocking stat they simply had to take steps to rectify.

I like the changes to the worlds - Lost Sectors reminds me of the Cauldrons on Horizon Dero Dawn - a place you and your mates can go hunting in for loot with a boss at the end.

Also - no having to go back to orbit to go to a different planet! Thank god! :P

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I'll be getting this as I missed the multiplayer aspect really last time. 

Was the best thing about Destiny in my opinion. I spent more hours in the crucible than anywhere else.

The PvP was polished. More gun-skill was required in this as you need you gain an advantage if you have good aim. You can't just spray aimlessly and get kills, like you can in CoD.

5 minutes ago, Adster said:

Was the best thing about Destiny in my opinion. I spent more hours in the crucible than anywhere else.

The PvP was polished. More gun-skill was required in this as you need you gain an advantage if you have good aim. You can't just spray aimlessly and get kills, like you can in CoD.

I enjoy PvP also. It's in a league of it's own imo. 

Sad to say i used to get overly excited when Iron Banner rolled around :) 

Love trials 

18 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Looks like more of the same to me, so can't say I'm impressed at all tbh

It will be more of the same. Like all other IP's are, really.

I do admit I was a bit disappointed there is no different classes added into the game (to build on titan, warlock, hunter). I'm glad they're adding in new sub-classes but yeah a lot of the same stuff will remain.

It's no different to what a lot of other games do though. Just Destiny aren't changing their "skin", like Call of Duty do every year.

For interest, were people expecting a completely different game structure for Destiny 2?

2 hours ago, Adster said:

It will be more of the same. Like all other IP's are, really.

I do admit I was a bit disappointed there is no different classes added into the game (to build on titan, warlock, hunter). I'm glad they're adding in new sub-classes but yeah a lot of the same stuff will remain.

It's no different to what a lot of other games do though. Just Destiny aren't changing their "skin", like Call of Duty do every year.

For interest, were people expecting a completely different game structure for Destiny 2?

The difference is destiny as it was, and as it still is, is nothing like it was advertised before release

And as far as I can see they still aren't addressing the fact the original game was mis-sold as an open world mmo when it clearly wasn't, they are just feeding the people who paid another £60 for the second half of the game they already paid for

Even in the trailer for the second game they are showing space battles when the ships are still glorified loading screens in the actual game

Just now, MrSpaM said:

The difference is destiny as it was, and as it still is, is nothing like it was advertised before release

And as far as I can see they still aren't addressing the fact the original game was mis-sold as an open world mmo when it clearly wasn't, they are just feeding the people who paid another £60 for the second half of the game they already paid for

Even in the trailer for the second game they are showing space battles when the ships are still glorified loading screens in the actual game

I totally get your point. However we don't know whether "Space battles" will be in the actual game yet do we? They might be waiting to release it.

Either way, they're cinematics. They look like cut scenes, which is highly likely in game. Not once here have they said they'll be space battles in the actual gameplay, have they?

We'll wait to see what happens I guess, but it was still a good game, whether it was mis-sold or not (I get that bothers some people but not me).

On 24/05/2017 at 13:46, Adster said:

I totally get your point. However we don't know whether "Space battles" will be in the actual game yet do we? They might be waiting to release it.

Either way, they're cinematics. They look like cut scenes, which is highly likely in game. Not once here have they said they'll be space battles in the actual gameplay, have they?

We'll wait to see what happens I guess, but it was still a good game, whether it was mis-sold or not (I get that bothers some people but not me).

It was a bit toss really, until the taken king then it was great. Nowhere near enough content in the vanilla And The first two bits of dlc were daylight robbery. 

I dont agree with the more of the same comment either some sequels have been proper innovative and those that haven't like ac and cod have seen their sales suffer as a result and rightfully so. You'd like to see them try and address the criticism aimed at the first game ideally as the series has serious potential 

On 25/05/2017 at 18:58, Manwell Pablo said:

It was a bit toss really, until the taken king then it was great. Nowhere near enough content in the vanilla And The first two bits of dlc were daylight robbery. 

I dont agree with the more of the same comment either some sequels have been proper innovative and those that haven't like ac and cod have seen their sales suffer as a result and rightfully so. You'd like to see them try and address the criticism aimed at the first game ideally as the series has serious potential 

I do agree. One thing I've also not really been a fan of from the current stuff we know is that all the enemies look to same. It would be nice to have different enemies with different behavior patterns. From what we've seen so far it looks like the same enemies.

As most of their criticism was aimed at the incredibly poor story, I do hope they've addressed that this time and it looks like they have made steps to do this in Destiny 2. I probably liked Destiny so much because it didn't really bother me it had a poor story, I only played really for the loot grind and the Crucible.

Archived