Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Would you still want Mahrez as a City player?

yes- he will know where is bread is buttered - fans shouldn't cut off their noses...

I used to drink in a pub where a guy who kept horses told me that when he bought a new one he would punch it on the nose...  This is obviously cruel and cannot be justified... but it makes you think

21 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

yes- he will know where is bread is buttered - fans shouldn't cut off their noses...

I used to drink in a pub where a guy who kept horses told me that when he bought a new one he would punch it on the nose...  This is obviously cruel and cannot be justified... but it makes you think

lol 

A fully commited Riyadh Mahrez who's on his game? Ofcourse we would miss him, there are very few teams on the planet that wouldn't.  

It's really a gamble on how he is going to react. 

It doesn't look like anyone is going to meet our evaluation of him so we either sell him for less than we think he's worth or keep him. If he stays then we need him to apply himself. To finish anywhere near the European spots, we can't afford to carry anyone and that's what we done too often last year. 

I don't think anyone outside the club can make that call. Someone needs to sit down and gauge his commitment because if he isn't going to bother his @rse then we need to just take whatever we can get for him. I would rather sell him for 25m than have a player who isn't going to perform because he doesn't want to. Ofcourse I would prefer he stayed but if he did, he would need to show that he wants to be here.

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

There's no need to be rude and if the OP was a 'stupid question' it's generated plenty of responses.

If any of the reports are to be believed, it seems that Mahrez wants to be just about anywhere other than at Leiceeter.

Which is worthy of discussion. One final time...the question isn't about whether you'd keep Riyad for his ability. It's his commitment that is at question.

I didn't mean it rudely its just a phrase. 

I wouldn't read too much into reports personally. He's still training, he's still smiling and he's still performing in games. Want away players in the past have done all sorts of underhand tactics to leave and Riyad bar one poorly advised statement has shown no signs of being unprofessional.

From the sounds and looks of things he's still committed to his job and as long as this is the case we should all be praying he realises he wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I didn't mean it rudely its just a phrase. 

I wouldn't read too much into reports personally. He's still training, he's still smiling and he's still performing in games. Want away players in the past have done all sorts of underhand tactics to leave and Riyad bar one poorly advised statement has shown no signs of being unprofessional.

From the sounds and looks of things he's still committed to his job and as long as this is the case we should all be praying he realises he wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Much better post.

Nice one...

Archived