Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Would you still want Mahrez as a City player?

I think it's best for a fresh start for all parties. Been a cracking player for us but a half arsed Mahrez is not what we need. 

Can see Arsenal missing out on their top targets and panic buying Riyad for £40m plus

21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Some great points in here and a lot of it makes sense.

My opinion is that it's very difficult for a player who has publically stated he wants to leave a club to then remain at that club with the same feeling as they had before. Especially if there's been no indication that he's being forced out. If a player is not wanted, and wants to leave, that's a completely different matter. In this case, Mahrez is not being hounded out at all, yet still states he wants to go.

Personally, if he doesn't now leave, it will be strange to be singing his name, knowing that he actually doesn't want to be here. However, football fans are typically very fickle, so if he scored a couple of early goals, all would be forgotten I guess.

I think the best outcome would be a realistic transfer fee, and for him to leave the club. Realistic in my eyes would be around 30 mill.

Fair point but as soon as he went on a run and scored a worldie everything would likely be forgiven, it's football and he has the title winning season on his side. As long as he went public and said he wants to stay. Gerrard almost going to Chelsea and Rooney for Man utd spring to mind. In Gerrards case Liverpool fans were burning his shirt in the street. Announces he wants to stay and all was forgiven. Would need to show a good work ethic though.

IMO as soon as he released the statement he fuched up. Best of kept quiet publicly, told the club of his intentions and waited to see what happens if no offers for him came in then none of us would of been any the wiser. As it stands everyone knows what he wants. Therefore if a reasonable offer came in (35-40m) we (unfortunately) have got to get rid. 

54 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Fair point but as soon as he went on a run and scored a worldie everything would likely be forgiven, it's football and he has the title winning season on his side. As long as he went public and said he wants to stay. Gerrard almost going to Chelsea and Rooney for Man utd spring to mind. In Gerrards case Liverpool fans were burning his shirt in the street. Announces he wants to stay and all was forgiven. Would need to show a good work ethic though.

I'd honestly just take him playing to the high standard he thinks he is.

20 hours ago, brucey said:

Suffered through the whole 90 mins here too. All 22 players on the pitch absolutely dire throughout first half. 

Thought Riyad was ok second half, played a fair few decent balls that could have been assists but didn't take on any shots himself.

Slim was terrible throughout, sadly. He actually seems better playing for us than for Algeria.

Yeah I asked myself less than halfway through why I was watching that game. Riyad was alright second half, but when he was subbed off Algeria gained new life and scored. That scares me. As for Slimani, I honestly think we have a bit to do with his woes. He was a bit stunted by Leicester's problems with formation and player pecking order this season. If you recall, he was playing great when we first signed him, but it was downhill from that. 

12 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Gray can handle his role? I'm not so sure

Honestly why not? If we knew we weren't going to be with Mahrez next season (which for me right now is about 50/50) then we would plan for it anyway. Obviously the team wouldn't rely on Gray as much as Mahrez, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Especially if we strengthen other positions (LM, CB, LB, RB, CAM).

12 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I think it's best for a fresh start for all parties. Been a cracking player for us but a half arsed Mahrez is not what we need. 

Can see Arsenal missing out on their top targets and panic buying Riyad for £40m plus

I expect this to happen unless Wenger takes a gamble and buys him early.

I dont understand, the idea, any thought, on why any fan, wouldnt want Mahrez....If he found himself  staying...

Lets forget stupid nonsensical attitudes.

The guy a proffesional footballer, after playing for us for a few seasons, enticed probably with Knockhaerdt presence.

Gets up and honestly says for him its time , he would like to chance his arm or, trying his arm at a

bigger more successfull club.Isnt that his right, even his duty !!!

He wants to see if he can do it regularly at an higher level.

He hasnt spat at us, he hasnt turned his back on his career achievements and success at Leicester.

Why Harbour any bad thoughts, even at times spiteful. I am no parson myself...but why.

I can only wish him luck..

Hes done us proud.....If he stays we win, if he goes we win....If we only have naggers on this forum we lose.

8 hours ago, USFox said:

There are rumors that Chelsea are in the bidding for Mahrez. Could Kante be behind this?

No. A club like Chelsea don't need one of their players to choose their transfer targets. I'm sure the staff at Chelsea know what Mahrez is all about, after all, he has torn them a new one on occasions. 

I would still have him for us like I said possibly this or another thread.

Sit him down, tell him players like Glyfi are coming in maybe go back in for Adrian Silva.. 

With him asking us to lower his valuation that tells me one thing. One club interested.. and they can't afford him.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Sit him down, tell him players like Glyfi are coming in maybe go back in for Adrian Silva.. 

With him asking us to lower his valuation that tells me one thing. One club interested.. and they can't afford him.

Lets not make untruths into facts...A report from non confirmed sources, said he had himself requested a lower

Transfer fee.

The fact there was Never anything put out on price valuation or expectancy from club, proves what a load of pig swill

that report was....

One fact, he put in a request for a transfer, the rest is very poor media speculation, individual not so good sport reporters.

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Lets not make untruths into facts...A report from non confirmed sources, said he had himself requested a lower

Transfer fee.

The fact there was Never anything put out on price valuation or expectancy from club, proves what a load of pig swill

that report was....

One fact, he put in a request for a transfer, the rest is very poor media speculation, individual not so good sport reporters.

It was on sky was it not that he asked for the valuation to be lowered

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It was on sky was it not that he asked for the valuation to be lowered

What did I say...poor media speculation. Hey I am a Sky subscriber, doesnt mean though I rate their reports.

Like us , some wise guy thought...strange no offers, after request, lets stir the shit.

16 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

No. A club like Chelsea don't need one of their players to choose their transfer targets. I'm sure the staff at Chelsea know what Mahrez is all about, after all, he has torn them a new one on occasions. 

Fair point. All I meant was that it could be possible Kante is playing him up to Conte and lobbying for him. That's not out of the realm of possibility. 

13 hours ago, USFox said:

Fair point. All I meant was that it could be possible Kante is playing him up to Conte and lobbying for him. That's not out of the realm of possibility. 

I wouldn't disagree with you if it was a player who was a little more of an unknown quantity. I just don't think it would be necessary, plus I don't think Kante would be the type. 

I could be totally wrong however. Where do you think he'll end up?

On 6/7/2017 at 22:55, fuchsntf said:

I dont understand, the idea, any thought, on why any fan, wouldnt want Mahrez....If he found himself  staying...

Lets forget stupid nonsensical attitudes.

The guy a proffesional footballer, after playing for us for a few seasons, enticed probably with Knockhaerdt presence.

Gets up and honestly says for him its time , he would like to chance his arm or, trying his arm at a

bigger more successfull club.Isnt that his right, even his duty !!!

He wants to see if he can do it regularly at an higher level.

He hasnt spat at us, he hasnt turned his back on his career achievements and success at Leicester.

Why Harbour any bad thoughts, even at times spiteful. I am no parson myself...but why.

I can only wish him luck..

Hes done us proud.....If he stays we win, if he goes we win....If we only have naggers on this forum we lose.

1. Yes, no problem with wanting to better himself like any player. I was happy for Hesky and proud of him when he went to Liverpool who were a big club at the time.

2. He's not done us proud. However well he previously did was undone last year. 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

1. Yes, no problem with wanting to better himself like any player. I was happy for Hesky and proud of him when he went to Liverpool who were a big club at the time.

2. He's not done us proud. However well he previously did was undone last year. 

Even this forum is split....He didnt have a great season, but IMHO he wasnt as poor over the season as some on FT

Will have it. Too many really going OTT about his defensive duties.

So I will take nearly 2 seasons of good to great football, against Half a Split season of below avg form, still scoring 10 goals.

He was one of the top 3 players that decided our PL title,...he did us proud.

So lets agree to disagree, because I wont play tit for tat.:D

Oh...We are Leicester not Manu..you cant undo the title...too too far below the belt!!!

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 00:55, Ashley said:

I read his statement on Sky. He never said that.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

confirmation that he did have talks with neither club last summer 

conformation that he recognises a move isn't automatically going to occur if a club won't meet our valuation and he wouldn't kick up a fuss - 'it isn't a disaster' if he stays 

He's a highly talented footballer who wants to play at the top table consistently as did N'golo.....two players who are actually top top players...I do not want him to go like tens of thousands of others but understand why as to date the club has not shown it can move to the next level......

however if offers are not at the right level and maybe we could demonstrate some real ambition (Sigurdsson type level signings) then maybe he may stay!!

i think it unlikely but it would be incredible if we could keep him and develop the team to the next level!

2 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

I listened to the interview in French:

- He had contacts last year but stayed and was given assurances by the president that he can go after one-year.

- He is  always getting contacts. Deals take time.

- The "they are a real club" exchange with Slimani was about the facilities at Man City, not about Chelsea .. :D

- In summary, he says: he won a lot of things with Leicester and it is time for him to move on. 

Archived