Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Would you still want Mahrez as a City player?

Personally i'm good for him to go now that he has asked to leave. No point having players here that are not giving their all for the club. I wish him all the best in the future, just not against us.

He handled things a lot more professionally than most do nowadays, and he's kept quiet since (unlike lukaku etc) so for that he deserves our respect... he'll leave but it'll take time. 

If he stays, I think Mahrez needs to do what Ousmane Dembele did last night.

Dembele was on the RW in a 4-4-2, but he played very narrow and was always in touching distance to Mbappe.

Mahrez needs that kind of free licence to drift into the middle, but we'd need to sign an attacking RB.

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

If he stays, I think Mahrez needs to do what Ousmane Dembele did last night.

Dembele was on the RW in a 4-4-2, but he played very narrow and was always in touching distance to Mbappe.

Mahrez needs that kind of free licence to drift into the middle, but we'd need to sign an attacking RB.

Mbappe and Dembele were superb last night.

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2017 at 21:08, Manwell Pablo said:

Thats not football is it. Makes absolutely no financial sense for us to keep a player worth for arguements sake 30 million on 100,000 a week not playing football. 52 x 100,000 x 4 + 30,000,000. About half a seasons tv revenue and prize money pissing off one player out of spite. Not worth it. Surprised by you your normally a bit more objective than that.

Plus you have to look at the promises made to him when he signed his deal.   If they did actually say here's a contract give it a year if you want to leave we will sell you on then it's fair enough.

the realesing of the statement I don't agree with at all and assuming we were ready to sell anyway leaves a sour taste in my mouth, basically a come and get me public statement disguised as a thank you "just being honest like" letter to the fans although tbf to him most of our fans bought it so excellent PR.

I can see this being a bit of a saga myself, were gonna want a lot of money, he's gonna want he's wage matching, and let's be fair last season he was great in small periods but not anything commanding six figures a week and a huge transfer fee. 

You are not taking into account the long term financial ramifacations of being viewed as a spineless soft touch club.  

2 hours ago, murphy said:

You are not taking into account the long term financial ramifacations of being viewed as a spineless soft touch club.  

lol It's common sense who's going to view that as spineless. 

Anyway at the moment so long as he keeps playing the club and player have spoken about the asking price and both are in agreement at the 50 quoted in the press we are gravy until we get towards the end of August and ones got close to matching it, then we will see how mahrez reacts.

Personally, I thank Mahrez for the achievements of 2015/16.  He was a key part of that success.  He has ambition, i respect that, but he would have been far more attractive to the likes of Barcelona/Milan/Monaco/Arsenal had he had as good a season in 16/17 as the one before, I think Wenger or even Pochettino would have paid up. 

In my view, he needs to play out of his skin between season start and Christmas, if he does, he'll be playing at the Camp Nou in January and I for one would wish him well.

52 minutes ago, onekeithweller said:

Mahrez and Weller, for me the two best players to wear the shirt. Shilts went on strike to force a transfer. Yes I'd keep Mahrez.

http://bobbyfc.com/?p=4547 

I wouldn't disagree with you, But for me it has to be Weller as no 1. He was a consummate professional. who absolutely hated losing.

I never thought we'd have another like him and along came Riyad, More flamboyant but less disciplined.

Two wonderful talents to grace our Club.

Like Kasper would only leave for UTD. Riayd should only leave for Barcelona.

37 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't disagree with you, But for me it has to be Weller as no 1. He was a consummate professional. who absolutely hated losing.

I never thought we'd have another like him and along came Riyad, More flamboyant but less disciplined.

Two wonderful talents to grace our Club.

Like Kasper would only leave for UTD. Riayd should only leave for Barcelona.

You mean apart from the time he went on strike at half-time and refused to come out for the second half?

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

You mean apart from the time he went on strike at half-time and refused to come out for the second half?

Ok  you have me there but in his defense he said afterwards he shouldn't have done it and he only done it because he felt others weren't putting a full shift. He was a wonderful talent. My favorite game of his was the Cup match against Liverpool, when he practically beat them on his own.

24 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

At least somenody understands...

But of course it's more complicated than that as anyone with half a brain knows.

The question being asked (as I've explained more than once) is do you want a player at the club who don't want to be at the club?

It's not about Mahrez ABILITY. It's about questioning his commitment. But everyone knows that really.

53 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

But of course it's more complicated than that as anyone with half a brain knows.

The question being asked (as I've explained more than once) is do you want a player at the club who don't want to be at the club?

It's not about Mahrez ABILITY. It's about questioning his commitment. But everyone knows that really.

Well that's a stupid ****ing rhetorical question.

Why even ask a loaded question like 'do you want a player with a terrible attitude who wants to leave?'

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

does he thought ? yes, he is looking for a "bigger team" but never did he say that he had a problem with the team. he is now with the team fully committed and actually playing well. he strikes me as a player who wants to be happy playing football and there is no way that the WBA match isn't on the back of his mind.

funny that some people want "bad attitude" mahrez ts leave and replace him with siggy for the same price (or even higher), a player who refused to play with his team to get his move.

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Ok  you have me there but in his defense he said afterwards he shouldn't have done it and he only done it because he felt others weren't putting a full shift. He was a wonderful talent. My favorite game of his was the Cup match against Liverpool, when he practically beat them on his own.

I think you might mean this match which was actually a league fixture in Aug 1972. Weller 3 Toshack 2. Liverpool 2-0 up at HT but a magical second half Weller hat-trick won us the match under the lights at Filbert Street. Some may remember that for that season only (1972/73) we played our home matches in all white with blue trim (collar and cuffs).

Great memories. Halcyon days.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/leicester-city-v-liverpool-30-august-1972-81691/

Archived