Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Would you still want Mahrez as a City player?

19 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I think you might mean this match which was actually a league fixture in Aug 1972. Weller 3 Toshack 2. Liverpool 2-0 up at HT but a magical second half Weller hat-trick won us the match under the lights at Filbert Street. Some may remember that for that season only (1972/73) we played our home matches in all white with blue trim (collar and cuffs).

Great memories. Halcyon days.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/leicester-city-v-liverpool-30-august-1972-81691/

Yes that's the game. What a match that was. Alec Lindsey the Liverpool full back was no shrinking violet and Weller made him look like a Schoolboy that night.

Thanks Blue for the link.

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We need to sign or develop a creative midfielder. Without such we need Mahrez, not because he's a balloon d'or magician but because he's our only creative midfield outlet.

You needed that way before, Riyad is not enough.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

But of course it's more complicated than that as anyone with half a brain knows.

The question being asked (as I've explained more than once) is do you want a player at the club who don't want to be at the club?

It's not about Mahrez ABILITY. It's about questioning his commitment. But everyone knows that really.

I dont question his commitment, or proffesionalism..and that is the difference.

In this forum too many posters, are Imo taking thr lazy way out and dumping ,

Their own frustration on Mahez's assumed / I repeat assumed attitude.

So he put in transfer request...every single poster, or fan would in his situation, would of followed

the same line. He was/is rated by all and sundry, as a special player, not short of extrordinary skill.

He plays with that arrogant flair and attitude, that always for anglo-saxon purpose, looks laxidasical, and 

non caring. Then some bo-bos reckon he should spend his Main  game, in proving what a great defender he is.

To me hes done nothing untoward, other than just upset the odd spitefull group of grumpy gits on this forum,

who spend their forum Lives in doing nothing but finding conspiracy theories to back up their negative Dissing

Off , any player they believe is another target rife for their Gromping..

Me...I try to balance this sort of crap out by pumping the  positive Vibes out...

If he stays... brilliant, if he goes..who am I, to judge his reasons, we all want to step up and do good for our own.

Hes not thrown any tantrums, hes  never Criticised the club...he just put in a transfer request, and made comments

relevant, to this wish...

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We need to sign or develop a creative midfielder. Without such we need Mahrez, not because he's a balloon d'or magician but because he's our only creative midfield outlet.

We need to sign one. I just cannot understand how we can go into another season without that creative player.

It's the one position we've failed to fill for 3 seasons now. Unbelievable. 

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I dont question his commitment, or proffesionalism..and that is the difference.

In this forum too many posters, are Imo taking thr lazy way out and dumping ,

Their own frustration on Mahez's assumed / I repeat assumed attitude.

So he put in transfer request...every single poster, or fan would in his situation, would of followed

the same line. He was/is rated by all and sundry, as a special player, not short of extrordinary skill.

He plays with that arrogant flair and attitude, that always for anglo-saxon purpose, looks laxidasical, and 

non caring. Then some bo-bos reckon he should spend his Main  game, in proving what a great defender he is.

To me hes done nothing untoward, other than just upset the odd spitefull group of grumpy gits on this forum,

who spend their forum Lives in doing nothing but finding conspiracy theories to back up their negative Dissing

Off , any player they believe is another target rife for their Gromping..

Me...I try to balance this sort of crap out by pumping the  positive Vibes out...

If he stays... brilliant, if he goes..who am I, to judge his reasons, we all want to step up and do good for our own.

Hes not thrown any tantrums, hes  never Criticised the club...he just put in a transfer request, and made comments

relevant, to this wish...

Are you saying that every single one of us would have put in a transfer request?

No we wouldn't...

lol

What a weird thing to say and an incredible assumption.

I know it was a preseason friendly in Hong Kong but during that West Brom game I couldn't help but think that this really is what it'll be like if he stays or if he goes. The first half was a genuinely decent performance, the second was as flat a game as I've seen.

If he goes it is imperative we get a genuinely creative player in the side, and I'm talking one with real flair.

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Areer you saying that every single one rs on of us would have put in a transfer request?

No we wouldn't...

lol

What a weird thing to say and an incredible assumption.

Might suprise you...but a big Yes !!!

Because you have to read in what I say...if anyone of us were in his situation.

Not a fan..but a player with his talent, believing in our full potential ( dont all, try and find a better improved situation in our careers).

Weird I cant argue with...I am way down the line. :P   

Assumptions mine are no more off than many others o n this topic, I prefer

as mentioned...The positive vibes.

So I will stick and this time Play my stubborn card...

If he wants to play here then of course I want him, great player. If he doesn't want to play for us then make sure we get a very good fee.

Stupid question. Anyone who isn't blind or brain dead should want him to stay.

From the looks of things he's made his ambitions about wanting to play at a higher level clear - this has back fired and now he's just keeping his head down and doing his job. He certainly doesnt seem like he's isolating himself or having a 'destablising effect'. Hopefully this continues and he just keeps on doing his job and we get another season or half a season of a real talent.

If he's giving his all and contributing then yes, absolutely. His skill, vision and threat is so different to anything else we have. I think he'll go soon anyway so hopefully we're planning to replace him but if the attitude is correct then I've no issue with him playing, we're a better team for it.

15 hours ago, Dames said:

Stupid question. Anyone who isn't blind or brain dead should want him to stay.

From the looks of things he's made his ambitions about wanting to play at a higher level clear - this has back fired and now he's just keeping his head down and doing his job. He certainly doesnt seem like he's isolating himself or having a 'destablising effect'. Hopefully this continues and he just keeps on doing his job and we get another season or half a season of a real talent.

There's no need to be rude and if the OP was a 'stupid question' it's generated plenty of responses.

If any of the reports are to be believed, it seems that Mahrez wants to be just about anywhere other than at Leiceeter.

Which is worthy of discussion. One final time...the question isn't about whether you'd keep Riyad for his ability. It's his commitment that is at question.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

There's no need to be rude and if the OP was a 'stupid question' it's generated plenty of responses.

If any of the reports are to be believed, it seems that Mahrez wants to be just about anywhere other than at Leiceeter.

Which is worthy of discussion. One final time...the question isn't about whether you'd keep Riyad for his ability. It's his commitment that is at question.

If this is true, I wonder what happened? Surely something must have upset him, as sheer ambition would be more narrowly directed.

I think he believes he can't play his best football here and he belongs somewhere different. Simple as. He obviously has a negative attitide towards this club. If he stays it will be bad for him and bad for the club, bad for the dressing room. 

Having said that, only sell for a good price. If he stays i hope he gets benched more than last season if he doesnt perform

Archived