Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Boston Friendly

Some of you may remember that in the summer we were supposed to play a friendly with Boston before Inter Milan decided they were coming to England. We said then that we'd re-arrange the Boston fixture for later on in the season, and now we have. Apparently it's going to be a behind-closed-doors event tomorrow. Personally I think this is a shameful turn of events, the whole point of the friendly was surely to raise money for Boston and to get both sets of players fitter, now it seems as if we're just using them.

Link

Some of you may remember that in the summer we were supposed to play a friendly with Boston before Inter Milan decided they were coming to England. We said then that we'd re-arrange the Boston fixture for later on in the season, and now we have. Apparently it's going to be a behind-closed-doors event tomorrow. Personally I think this is a shameful turn of events, the whole point of the friendly was surely to raise money for Boston and to get both sets of players fitter, now it seems as if we're just using them.

Link

Shitheads! Its practically on my doorstep, I would have gone!

We have treated Boston like shit and we should be made to pay them a hefty fee , perhaps a proportion of the gate money we got against Inter Milan.

It would have been nice to go and see Julian in action again, but now both sets of fans and Boston in general will suffer.

I wonder if Smudger will be playing aswell?

We have treated Boston like shit and we should be made to pay them a hefty fee , perhaps a proportion of the gate money we got against Inter Milan.

It would have been nice to go and see Julian in action again, but now both sets of fans and Boston in general will suffer.

I wonder if Smudger will be playing aswell?

Maybe thats why it is behind closed doors! He might not have been able to play if there were paying customer,don't know though just guessing.

Hopefully we will give Boston a game next pre-season.

I guess that Boston will make more money by playing us behind closed doors and taking the match fee we give them than they would by opening the ground and paying for stewarding, catering etc, I don't expect that the turnout would be large enough to make a profit.

Another case of clubs having to upset fans due to financial concerns.

What excuse will LCFC come up with to justify this?

Poor poor behaviour from our club, you'd think they'd know what it's like to be on the receiving end with what Inter Milan put them through. Now they are taking Boston for a free ride.

Apparently it was a good game.... :rolleyes::P

Leicester City 4 - 3 Boston United

Match Date: 11/10/2005

Boston United Reserves lost by odd goal in seven in a superbly entertaining fixture against Leicester City at the Walkers Stadium earlier this afternoon.

The goals were evenly spread throughout the match, with Lawrie Dudfield on target twice against his former club, while fellow striker Jason Lee was the other scorer for the Pilgrims, with a superb volley.

Leicester played a host of first team players as did the Pilgrims, and the match was greatly appreciated by both managers, namely Craig Levein and Steve Evans.

Boston's Chris Holland enjoyed a superb 75 minutes and is now pushing for a first team starting place following his hernia operation, while youngsters Ashley Edkins and goalkeeper Chris Wright were both described by boss Evans as "excellent."

Evans added: "It was another worthwhile exercise, played at a truly fantastic stadium. My thanks go to Craig Levein and my old strike partner Peter Houston for extending the courtesy they did to everyone here at Boston United."

Ex-Pilgrim Paddy McCarthy played in the match for Leicester, alongside the likes of Stephen Hughes and recent signings Iain Hume, Elvis Hammond and Patrick Gerrbrand.

Boston: Wright, Edkins, McCann, Hurst (Stevens), Futcher, Holland (Norris), Whelan, Melton, Lee (Doherty), Dudfield, Thomas.

Referee: Jim Hubbard

http://www.bostonunited.co.uk

Or go to http://www.impstalk.co.uk for the spoof report :smile::ph34r::D:ermm:

I think there might be a little bit of sarcasm in the official report as well though lol;):whistle:

I doubt whoever wrote the Boston report was actually there. It's not like our OS is going to have anything on it as it'll just highlight how badly we've treated Boston... oh, and behind the scenes games are fairly common with local clubs. It's a bit confusing because we still think of it as a friendly but the club isn't going to report minor things like this just like they don't report 'today in training we did 20 star jumps and 50 push ups'.

I doubt whoever wrote the Boston report was actually there. It's not like our OS is going to have anything on it as it'll just highlight how badly we've treated Boston... oh, and behind the scenes games are fairly common with local clubs. It's a bit confusing because we still think of it as a friendly but the club isn't going to report minor things like this just like they don't report 'today in training we did 20 star jumps and 50 push ups'.

I wonder what would happen or what the story would be if a player got badly injured during the game today and was out for a long time. What would the club say??

Archived