Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Technology, Science and the Environment.

Just now, StanSP said:

I think I heard wrong then lol 

Actually, they are running ahead of time - currently 300 metres from the ISS. I think it was originally scheduled for 3.29pm GMT. Soon to initiate the manual flight test. 

Just now, leicsmac said:

I think it's 13 mins to docking and an hour and a half to hatches open, but I'm not sure?

An hour away from docking due to running slightly ahead of time. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Actually, they are running ahead of time - currently 300 metres from the ISS. I think it was originally scheduled for 3.29pm GMT. Soon to initiate the manual flight test. 

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I think it's 13 mins to docking and an hour and a half to hatches open, but I'm not sure?

Yeah when I posted that it turns out it was the 'approach' starting and when the astronauts take manual control if I heard correctly just then!

Once docking is complete at Node 2 port, there then follows the pressurisation and seal checks. There is a thermal hold to wait for temperatures to stabilise. You are correct, an hour and a half following the docking. Docking is about an hour away. 

Chris Cassidy completing the ISS internal docking procedures. You could see the Soyuz capsule that carried him into orbit via Expedition 63 mated to another PMS on Node 2 of the ISS from the images beamed by Crew Dragon during approach.