Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
billyn88

Real Ale/Craft Beer in Leicester

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

Looks to be a new bottle shop opened up on Welford Road. Walked passed on the way to the Criterion a few weeks back. 

That'll be this one...

On 8/15/2017 at 10:21, Samilktray said:

Brewklopedia is great, spent about £30 on 5 or 6 bottles but I enjoyed them 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester Beer festival has a new home for 2018, the festival will take place in the newly refurbished Haymarket Theatre.

Heard about that the other day. Strange location. Although obviously more seating than last year at the place on Bay Street

Leicester Beer festival has a new home for 2018, the festival will take place in the newly refurbished Haymarket Theatre.

Unless they guarantee that the Bhaji's are coming also, think I'll give it a miss.

I only like Lager...

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Heard about that the other day. Strange location. Although obviously more seating than last year at the place on Bay Street

The previous location was a lot strange imo, having it on an industrial estate with no other pubs around it.

Really pleased to see it more central and the theatre being refurbished. A crying shame that it closed in the first place.

20 minutes ago, baker11 said:

The previous location was a lot strange imo, having it on an industrial estate with no other pubs around it.

Really pleased to see it more central and the theatre being refurbished. A crying shame that it closed in the first place.

I guess, but my understanding is that it will be located within the theatre itself. Beers on stage, theatre seating to be used at seating for the punters. Which seems a bit antisocial, and a recipe for disaster in terms of navigating steep steps to and from the stage after a few drinks

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Head of Steam in Sheffield is decent so hopefully it will be a good addition to the City.

Once had a chat the Reynard owner, reckon we had put a hell of a lot of money into the pub to give it a face lift. He was something to do with Republic nightclub as well.

De Montfort University has unveiled plans to open a micro-pub for its students in a pair of empty Georgian cottages near to Leicester Castle.

The proposal would see two terraced houses in Castle View turned into a pint-sized pub which would hold around 15 drinkers at a time.

The bar would occupy the ground floor rooms of numbers 8 and 9 Castle View, and would be run by the students’ union (DSU) at DMU.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/historic-cottages-leicester-could-turned-1153077

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there's some sort of mini beer festival on tonight, tomorrow and saturday at Grays Cafe (LCB Depot)

I work at one of the offices at the Depot so i have to walk through it tonight on my way out of the building. Could be interesting...