Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chandler

Yeah But No But - Vol I - WHATEVER

Kind words, and much appreciated, even if you do rate me higher than I deserve. And there are any number of others on this forum, yourself included, who are well capable of combating what, in racing terms, would appear to be a horse with blinkers running the wrong way round what is probably even the wrong track. It'll make for interesting exchanges though, I don't doubt.

So just to nip the speculation in the bud, because I myself believed that you were a re-creation of his highness, is it possible for someone 'in the know' to check your IP address against the great man himself. Its just that if you in fact were Channy, I'd hate to think of you sitting up from roughly 2am to 6am to talk to yourself. lol;):whistle:

As most of you inumerate Pollards can't read a league table let me tell you that the first clue had four more points on it than the second clue.

And these extra points were achieved despite four sendings off.

10/11 I will never let you forget it!

Yeah but no but...

If the vast majority of people are a 'bunch of Pollards', what does your obsession with Micky Adams make you?

The only gay in the village I'd wager! vbiker.gif

Well, I did ask who Chandler was!

What a disappointment.

More negatives than Kodak.

Imagine getting him cloned. What a belting atmosphere then at the Walkers.

I am sure there are places which are dedicated to changing the psyche of anyone...changing the leads of human psycholgy from the negative to the positive

One phone call from this guy and they'd have their greatest challenge.

Despite being compared with him, which doesn't seem to have been the kindest sentiment, I feel we are virtual opposites.

This is what to do (constructive), against this is what you did (negative).

I shall keep campaigning for attacking football, the fear-filled sit-back defences are one of the aspects which are strangling the joy out of football.

Chandler can keep searching for his negative statistics and keep adding further layers to his Cathedral of endless criticism.

He may think change for the better is unlikely under Levein (offering nothing by way of logical alternatives).

I think that change in our fortunes is right around the corner.

It's an English characteristic I suppose, talking people down after putting them on a pedestal. Me, I recognise and have documented loads of Levein's limitations.

But I'd rather talk him up. I could probably write a list of positives alongside each one of Chandler's negatives in relation to Levein as far as his work at this club has been concerned.

I see no likely benefit from another major upheaval. So my aim has been to appreciate his strengths and persuade him to rethink his weaknesses.

It's something that worked with players - getting the raw material and working on the iffy bits. Why not with managers?.

As for Adams. He's of no consequence now whatsoever. He's gone. He had no vision that I could see.

Best place he could have gone was Specsavers.

Thracian will you write my uni essays for me

Interesting that none of you dispute my central thesis (that Craig Levein has been a massive disappointment) let alone offer up any stats or precedents that should inspire us to rally round the dour jock.

But I don't blame him for our current difficulties. It's the boneheads on this and other forums who were thinking through their tiny dicks a year ago last August when they started calling for Adams' head. As their dicks contain the wrong sort of grey matter (and not very much of that) they could not consider the possibility that things could get worse (a disease, it appears, that is yet to run its course if the mindless optimism expressed on this board is anything to go by).

I was one of the few who very publicly backed Adams at the time. I warned fans there were few managerial candidates around who would be able to motivate new players in a newly relegated side and who would be able to cope with a very tight budget. Of course, I got it in the neck.

Now the boot is on the other foot, boneheads. So you can start fishing the pellets out your mastoids mates!

A little anecdote to close with...Sven and Craig go to a singles bar together and start chatting up a leggy blonde. After a few minutes her mobile goes off and she makes for a quiet part of the bar to take the call. But Craig blocks her way and says he will only let her go if she tells him which of them she fancies more.

'Him!' she says, instantly pointing at Sven.

'Whys that?' says Craig, slightly taken aback.

Smiling broadly she says "Because he is so passionate!"

A little anecdote of my own...adams and Craig go to a singles bar together and start chatting up a leggy blonde. After a few minutes her mobile goes off and she makes for a quiet part of the bar to take the call. But adams blocks her way and says he will only let her go if she tells him which of them she fancies more.

'Him!' she says, instantly pointing at craig.

'Whys that?' says adams, slightly taken aback.

Smiling broadly she says "Because he is the manager of the mighty leicester city and hasn't got a bum chin like you, you hoof merchant!"

Interesting that none of you dispute my central thesis (that Craig Levein has been a massive disappointment) let alone offer up any stats or precedents that should inspire us to rally round the dour jock.

Only because I haven't stopped laughing enough to put up a reasoned response. I can't believe you've waited so long for this moment, I bet it's been the highlight of your otherwise miserable year.

But I don't blame him for our current difficulties. It's the boneheads on this and other forums who were thinking through their tiny dicks a year ago last August when they started calling for Adams' head. As their dicks contain the wrong sort of grey matter (and not very much of that) they could not consider the possibility that things could get worse (a disease, it appears, that is yet to run its course if the mindless optimism expressed on this board is anything to go by).

I was one of the few who very publicly backed Adams at the time. I warned fans there were few managerial candidates around who would be able to motivate new players in a newly relegated side and who would be able to cope with a very tight budget. Of course, I got it in the neck.

Now the boot is on the other foot, boneheads. So you can start fishing the pellets out your mastoids mates!

A little anecdote to close with...Sven and Craig go to a singles bar together and start chatting up a leggy blonde. After a few minutes her mobile goes off and she makes for a quiet part of the bar to take the call. But Craig blocks her way and says he will only let her go if she tells him which of them she fancies more.

My apologies for being less than clear.

I would certainly dispute your central thesis. Hence the comment that I could script as many positives about Levein's contribution so far as you have voiced negatives.

Levein has not been a massive disappointment to me. Some of the results have been a disappointment, undoubtedly, but Levein's progress so far in many areas (already well documented) has been excellent.

I don't recall even legends of our history like Isambard Kingdom Brunel achieving anything overnight or without massive setbacks and frustratingly annoying mistakes.

The re-building job needed at Leicester was something more suited to Caterpillar than a mere human being who, last count, had but two arms and two legs.

As I see it, his Value Adding performance has been close to a corporate life saver.

Brunel took years and years to build his famous bridges. Levein has taken barely a year to lay some solid foundations and to raise a pretty solid structure.

All he needs now is to finish the paintwork and the results should soon be there for all to see... and admire.

Adams alas was no builder. His foundations were set in the softest sand at Leicester and would appear to be no more wisely chosen at Coventry.

If your calling the fans who took a dislike to Adams methods 'boneheads' then what would you call yourself and others who dismiss what Craig is trying to do here.

I might be in the minority here, but I was fed up with watching the type of footballers we had at Leicester under Adams. I was pleased to see us get promotion and enjoyed a few rides in the premiership, but sweet baby jesus the years Adams was in charge has got to have been the darkest i've ever felt as a Leicester fan. I was bewildered, frustrated, angry, un-interested at times and generally a little embarassed by our club. Not all of the things that happened at Leicester were Micky's fault and I admit he did a relatively good job at Leicester under the circumstances.

But for me I didn't want to watch our club being ran like it was and I even said at the time that I would sacrafice premiership football and even top of the table football in the championship for a number of years to watch a manager come in with a game plan to set the foundations to make this club more stable. I was desperate to see younger, more hungrier players playing for Leicester who could get better as they got older, unlike the players Adams signed who had their best years behind them and were basically only here because they needed the money and we were in a position to offer them more than the other bland clubs in our situation.

With the finances this club has got, after this season we are going to be in the same boat as many of the other clubs in this league. Now you can't have a squad of journeymen and hackers who are just here for the cash each season, it just won't work. That's what would have happened if Adams was still here, even if he'd have turned things round last season and got us hanging around the play-offs we'd still be facing a situation where we needed 15 new players each season that nobody else wanted and added no value to the club. Atleast now Levein is piecing together a squad of young players who want to play for the club and actually are worth something, which is valuable for a club like ours to survive. We have players that if need be can be sold for a decent fee that will keep this club afloat and move us on further.

Could you honestly see Adams bringing through the likes of Stearman, Sheehan, Wesolowski and Chambers? Or signing young players like Iain Hume, Stephen Hughes and Paddy McCarthy? Don't be so silly, he'd have filled our squad up with the likes of Bruce Dyer, Shaka Hislop, Steve Stone, etc. Players that haven't got anything to offer us long term.

Call me a bonehead all you like but I still stand by my decision that Adams needed to go and i'm not in denial or anything i'm actually pleased with Craig Levein. Surely as a fan that's everything you want, to be pleased with the way your club is being run. Results wise i'd be over the moon if they got better and I am confident they will do as Craig's plans for the club are almost fool proof compared to Adams tactical meddling. Even if Levein falls by the waistside the club will be in better shape than it was when he took over and the mindset of the club will have changed. That sometimes happens at clubs, a manager comes in and completely changes things. That manager then moves on and another gaffer comes in and carries on where the other manager left off and takes the club places they've never been for a long time. Upwards!!!!!

Please keep coming on here and reminding me of the day Micky Adams finally left us, it will make me feel better about myself for making the right decision in being part of the ADAMS OUT campaign. I suppose all this will bounce straight back off you as you seem incapable of taking anyone elses views on board other than yourselfs, which is also very flawed at times. Steve Walsh and a Tony Cottee Combo comes to mind

:D:D:D

When you're close to tears remember

Someday it'll all be over

One day we're gonna get so high

Though it's darker than December

What's ahead is a different colour

And at the end of the day remember the days

When we were close to the end

And wonder how we made it through the night

At the end of the day

Remember the way

We stayed so close to the end

We'll remember it was me and you

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Always keep it flying high in the sky

Of love

Don't you think it's time you started

Doing what we always wanted

Cause even the impossible

Is easy when we got each other

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love...

NIKOS DABIZAS, KEVIN PRESSMAN, JAMES SCOWCROFT, NATHAN BLAKE, SCOT GEMMILL, MATT HEATH, CHRIS MAKIN, TREVOR BENJAMIN, CRAIG HIGNETT, JOHN CURTIS, PAUL BROOKER......... Oh god I miss 'em. Please come back Micky and co, all is forgotten. :D

Craig Levein Mean Lean Winning Machine.

If your calling the fans who took a dislike to Adams methods 'boneheads' then what would you call yourself and others who dismiss what Craig is trying to do here.

I might be in the minority here, but I was fed up with watching the type of footballers we had at Leicester under Adams. I was pleased to see us get promotion and enjoyed a few rides in the premiership, but sweet baby jesus the years Adams was in charge has got to have been the darkest i've ever felt as a Leicester fan. I was bewildered, frustrated, angry, un-interested at times and generally a little embarassed by our club. Not all of the things that happened at Leicester were Micky's fault and I admit he did a relatively good job at Leicester under the circumstances.

But for me I didn't want to watch our club being ran like it was and I even said at the time that I would sacrafice premiership football and even top of the table football in the championship for a number of years to watch a manager come in with a game plan to set the foundations to make this club more stable. I was desperate to see younger, more hungrier players playing for Leicester who could get better as they got older, unlike the players Adams signed who had their best years behind them and were basically only here because they needed the money and we were in a position to offer them more than the other bland clubs in our situation.

With the finances this club has got, after this season we are going to be in the same boat as many of the other clubs in this league. Now you can't have a squad of journeymen and hackers who are just here for the cash each season, it just won't work. That's what would have happened if Adams was still here, even if he'd have turned things round last season and got us hanging around the play-offs we'd still be facing a situation where we needed 15 new players each season that nobody else wanted and added no value to the club. Atleast now Levein is piecing together a squad of young players who want to play for the club and actually are worth something, which is valuable for a club like ours to survive. We have players that if need be can be sold for a decent fee that will keep this club afloat and move us on further.

Could you honestly see Adams bringing through the likes of Stearman, Sheehan, Wesolowski and Chambers? Or signing young players like Iain Hume, Stephen Hughes and Paddy McCarthy? Don't be so silly, he'd have filled our squad up with the likes of Bruce Dyer, Shaka Hislop, Steve Stone, etc. Players that haven't got anything to offer us long term.

Call me a bonehead all you like but I still stand by my decision that Adams needed to go and i'm not in denial or anything i'm actually pleased with Craig Levein. Surely as a fan that's everything you want, to be pleased with the way your club is being run. Results wise i'd be over the moon if they got better and I am confident they will do as Craig's plans for the club are almost fool proof compared to Adams tactical meddling. Even if Levein falls by the waistside the club will be in better shape than it was when he took over and the mindset of the club will have changed. That sometimes happens at clubs, a manager comes in and completely changes things. That manager then moves on and another gaffer comes in and carries on where the other manager left off and takes the club places they've never been for a long time. Upwards!!!!!

Please keep coming on here and reminding me of the day Micky Adams finally left us, it will make me feel better about myself for making the right decision in being part of the ADAMS OUT campaign. I suppose all this will bounce straight back off you as you seem incapable of taking anyone elses views on board other than yourselfs, which is also very flawed at times. Steve Walsh and a Tony Cottee Combo comes to mind

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love...

NIKOS DABIZAS, KEVIN PRESSMAN, JAMES SCOWCROFT, NATHAN BLAKE, SCOT GEMMILL, MATT HEATH, CHRIS MAKIN, TREVOR BENJAMIN, CRAIG HIGNETT, JOHN CURTIS, PAUL BROOKER......... Oh god I miss 'em. Please come back Micky and co, all is forgotten. :D

Good job I didn't hit print by mistake ric. Not enough trees in South America :P

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

At the end of the day

Remember the way

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love

Cause we are gonna be

Forever, you and me

You will

Of love...

A bit of Bo Derek that Ric .... a perfect 10.

Bit intrigued by that bit about Levein failing at the waistsid(z?)e <_<

Not to worry. A bit more training or a trip to M&S should sort it. :):):)

I don't know what parallel universe you lot are stuck in but in this one LCFC are 19th in the championship and, if current form is maintained, heading for the First Division (which would be another unwelcome first in our history - a point which seems to be lost on you ignorant Pollards).

Interesting to note that even our normally supine local rag yesterday devoted three whole pages to the clubs current predicament. Only the most imperceptive (the majority of posters on this board) could fail to see that it was the longest written warning in history. Hopefully a FINAL written warning to you-know-who.

Apparently the 'dour one' has been warning the faithful that LCFC is not the force it once was. Well, we hardly needed him to remind us of that. I must hand it to Mr Charisma though, there are few people in the game who can make such negative statements about his team AS IF THEY WERE NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM.

A final tip for that pseudo intellectual poseur Thracian: less florrid prose, fewer vacuous opinions. Follow my example and let statistics, facts and precedent do your talking for you.

PS Lisa keep out of the executive offices at The Walkers - it's affecting your judgement.

PS Lisa keep out of the executive offices at The Walkers - it's affecting your judgement.

:thumbup:

Though to be fair, I never had any judgement in the first place, if I remember correctly.

Archived