Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guest seanfox778
On 31/08/2017 at 21:56, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Coming end of September for Xbox and PC

I'd never heard about it before now but this looks and sounds outstanding

Looks like Rayman 

Wasn't this getting hyped up big time soon after the xbone was released alongside Crackdown 3?

I don't really console game these days anyway. I assume Xbox's main games are still cross plat, looks like they gutted Halo but it was clearly dead when Bungie left it, Forza is what it is and Gears still hasn't reached back to it's peak of the first one :P

On 9/3/2017 at 18:34, SpazticChicken said:

Wasn't this getting hyped up big time soon after the xbone was released alongside Crackdown 3?

I don't really console game these days anyway. I assume Xbox's main games are still cross plat, looks like they gutted Halo but it was clearly dead when Bungie left it, Forza is what it is and Gears still hasn't reached back to it's peak of the first one :P

I'd never heard of it before but apparently yeah it was originally unveiled a couple of years ago - I had to share it though as I've never seen a platformer have this much care and detail put into the visuals before - even if it doesn't play particularly well it looks like it'd still be fun

Yeah I hardly game at all any more, have an Xbox One but only really play the odd game of Battlefield, and GTA is the only game I get excited about

Thanks for reminding me about Crackdown 3 - I can't wait for that one. Just hope they capture the feel of the original, Crackdown 2 was shite and I couldn't put my finger on it. It was essentially the same as the first but without any of the fun factor

10 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I'd never heard of it before but apparently yeah it was originally unveiled a couple of years ago - I had to share it though as I've never seen a platformer have this much care and detail put into the visuals before - even if it doesn't play particularly well it looks like it'd still be fun

Yeah I hardly game at all any more, have an Xbox One but only really play the odd game of Battlefield, and GTA is the only game I get excited about

Thanks for reminding me about Crackdown 3 - I can't wait for that one. Just hope they capture the feel of the original, Crackdown 2 was shite and I couldn't put my finger on it. It was essentially the same as the first but without any of the fun factor

Not surprising Crackdown 3 dove under the radar, its been in development for years and generally Msoft went quiet on it up til more recently. The franchise really does deserve another proper attempt though, they absolutely butchered and Frankensteined Crackdown 2 in my eyes; the first was a raw open world, jump up here, drive up that, blow that gang up, explore and stuff - The second on the other hand forced you into repetitive minigames and tedious tasks at every turn. Tbh I only played the demo of the second but was so disappointed in what they'd done, I'd sunk 1000+ hours into the first one, even carried on playing after they'd released Halo 3 :sweating:

Anyway its good to get an occasional pull to stuff like Cuphead s'pose, looks like a game I imagine playing more sporadically than in a big sesh or two.

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2017 at 14:54, SpazticChicken said:

Not surprising Crackdown 3 dove under the radar, its been in development for years and generally Msoft went quiet on it up til more recently. The franchise really does deserve another proper attempt though, they absolutely butchered and Frankensteined Crackdown 2 in my eyes; the first was a raw open world, jump up here, drive up that, blow that gang up, explore and stuff - The second on the other hand forced you into repetitive minigames and tedious tasks at every turn. Tbh I only played the demo of the second but was so disappointed in what they'd done, I'd sunk 1000+ hours into the first one, even carried on playing after they'd released Halo 3 :sweating:

Anyway its good to get an occasional pull to stuff like Cuphead s'pose, looks like a game I imagine playing more sporadically than in a big sesh or two.

From what I remember when Crackdown 2 was first in development there was a bustup between David Jones, the owner of Realtime Worlds and the formation of Ruffian studio, who developed the game and was made up of some members of Realtime Worlds and other developers. The ownership of the game engine and character models etc was a bit of a grey area and a lot of development time was lost redeveloping stuff from the first game and it was rushed to market by Ruffian and Microsoft. Shame, cause the first was a really great game

Definitely getting Cuphead when I'm back, loving everything I've read and seen about it

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoying it so far, think I'm about two-thirds of the way through (on Inkwell Isle 3).

The clown was annoying. I just used the spread-shot attack, and saved my super ability for his final form. I almost always lost health on the bloody train with the flying dog things, though. Think the one I probably spent the most time on was the bloody Candy Castle one (because I didn't have many good weapons at that point). Once I bought the "charge" weapon though, it's become a lot easier. That one is pretty OP!

Does anyone know if this will be released on the Switch anytime soon? Or if it is already and I've not seen it.

I've got a Playstation that I could get it on, but I feel like this would be an excellent game for the Switch if it gets released on there.

Just realized as well actually it's not even on the Playstation either is it!

Edited by lcfcrinaldi

39 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Does anyone know if this will be released on the Switch anytime soon? Or if it is already and I've not seen it.

I've got a Playstation that I could get it on, but I feel like this would be an excellent game for the Switch if it gets released on there.

Just realized as well actually it's not even on the Playstation either is it!

It's on PC & fairly cheap, price will probably drop in short time too.

Ive given up after South Park came out, 'member being stuck on the train and the sea creature run 'n' gun hell. Its set a tone and hopefully a trend for games of this type

• 4 years later...