Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Slimani

3 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Stats are bullsh*t mate you can make them suit whatever you want them to,I go to every home game and have seen him every time he has played live.If you only see the good bits on tv you could make anyone look good like all the youtube ones that make Donkeys look like Thoroughbred Race Horses.He isn't totally Sh*t but he is not Premier League standard he is Championship/Scottish Prem.

Hopefully he'll be gone soon so this debate will be over.

When he has better goal to minute ratio than any player in the squad I don't call that bullshit, but if you do alright. I do agree with you though, hopefully he goes.

The people arguing Vardy's goals are better than Slimani's, looking at Vardy's goals this season he has scored a good header against Arsenal, nice finish in a 1 on 1 vs United and the screamer against Tottenham, correct me if I am wrong but all others have been tap ins or penalties. Also Vardy scoring against the big teams argument is flawed, how many of those games that he has scored in against the big teams have we actually got points from? This season I can only think of Tottenham. I like Vardy and he undoubtedly should start for us but the criticism Slimani gets is largely unfair.

28 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

'Vardy...goals are often more than just a one touch finish. He uses his pace, touch, strength, tenacity, dribbling and finishing'

He uses finishing to finish eh? Fiendish...  As for dribbling - when did Vardy every dribble before scoring? Or for that matter use his strength and tenacity prior to scoring (at least, any more than Slim does)? Go on, I'll give you pace. 

If it's so easy to score against weak opposition, why isn't Vardy doing it more, in more minutes on the pitch?

24 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Spot on. I think he is talking about other Vardy, not Jamie Vardy from Leicester City.

You might want to watch this video

pace, touch, dribbling, finishing, tenacity, strength, determination.

Now you are still missing my point. 

Comparing Vardy to Slimani is pointless, they are very different players who play a different role. Slimani may have a better minutes per goals ratio, but they have mainly been headers against weaker teams. Doesn't make it any less of a goal 1 goal = 1 goal but we have more possession against weaker teams who defend deeper so we have more opportunities to get a good ball in for Slimani to attack.

Against teams that starve us of possession he won't get that many chances and this is where Vardy can turn a sniff of a chance into a goal.

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Comparing Vardy to Slimani is pointless, they are very different players who play a different role. Slimani may have a better minutes per goals ratio, but they have mainly been headers against weaker teams. Doesn't make it any less of a goal 1 goal = 1 goal but we have more possession against weaker teams who defend deeper so we have more opportunities to get a good ball in for Slimani to attack.

Against teams that starve us of possession he won't get that many chances and this is where Vardy can turn a sniff of a chance into a goal.

So maybe by your own admission there is an argument for Slimani to get a start against weaker opposition where maybe Vardy is not best suited and Slimani is?

49 minutes ago, Cockyfox said:

So maybe by your own admission there is an argument for Slimani to get a start against weaker opposition where maybe Vardy is not best suited and Slimani is?

I would have no objection to that, I am not anti Slimani, I think he has his qualities, but he has never looked happy here and I don't know if he fits with our style of play, particularly under Shakespeare and Ranieri. Puel is still learning about the squad and stamping his influence on the team if he wants to start Slimani against Watford and rest Vardy I would support it. Although I think he is more likely to reward Iheanacho with a start than Slimani after Tuesday. I even said in the Nacho thread that I would be tempted to use Vardy as an impact sub against teams that will just sit deep all game. Imagine having to physically battle Slimani all game and then with 30 minutes to go on comes a fresh Vardy. Defenders would hate it.

Nothing I have said has been to criticise Slimani, just that comparing him to Vardy is pointless, I support all Leicester players and I would love Slimani to come good and score 15 goals this season. I also have to be honest and say I think it is more likely he will be sold in January. 

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Against teams that starve us of possession he won't get that many chances and this is where Vardy can turn a sniff of a chance into a Goal.

Baffling how you consider headers as not real goals or easy goals. Says volumes about your football knowledge. And your argument about weak teams is flawed. You can't judge him on that since he never got a chance against the big teams. Why? Because the whole fcking team is built around Vardy's strenghts and not his.

Bullcrap. He never needed much of chances before either scoring or assisting which is admirable for a striker living on scraps. He reads the game very well and his runs are well timed. Anyone who can't see this should watch curling. Vardy has also his dry spells while playing every single game. Like every striker.

Vardy is a great striker and a fcking legend. The number one starter without a shred of doubt. I just don't get why people get so touchy and unsecure when it comes to any potential threat coming from another striker and feel the need to tear them apart.

Slim is a misfit yes, but shite? One has to be retarded to really mean it.

Edited by ZeGuy

Simple truth is Slimani needs to be starting games to be effective, he is a bottom half premier league player would suit a team like West Brom or Swansea simple fact is we need players of comparable level to Vardy or better which we don't have therefore Vardy is the top dog. I don't think we can justify keeping Slimani here as a back up striker same goes for Ulloa.

I still think we need 4 strikers at this level, so Okazaki, Vardy, Iheanacho and someone like Ben Brereton would be good.

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Baffling how you consider headers as not real goals or easy goals. Says volumes about your football knowledge. And your argument about weak teams is flawed. You can't judge him on that since he never got a chance against the big teams. Why? Because the whole fcking team is built around Vardy's strenghts and not his.

Bullcrap. He never needed much of chances before either scoring or assisting which is admirable for a striker living on scraps. He reads the game very well and his runs are well timed. Anyone who can't see this should watch curling. Vardy has also his dry spells while playing every single game. Like every striker.

Vardy is a great striker and a fcking legend. The number one starter without a shred of doubt. I just don't get why people get so touchy and unsecure when it comes to any potential threat coming from another striker and feel the need to tear them apart.

Slim is a misfit yes, but shite? One has to be retarded to really mean it.

Can you actually read? I've not once said headers are not real goals I've even put 1 goal = 1 goal, I've not even said they are easy, I have said they rely on good service, that is a fact. I've also never said Slimani is shit. I have said he isn't a good fit, which surprise surprise is the same as saying the team is built around Vardy's strengths. I have also REPEATEDLY said that  I am not criticising Slimani, just the use of stats on goals per minute. They play different roles and have different strengths.

I'm sorry you lack the intelligence to understand a nuanced argument. Anything more complicated than he is shite is clearly beyond you. I've seen enough of your foul mouthed posts to know better than respond to you and you should have gone on ignore weeks ago.

See ya

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

people probably don't think morata and think he isn't PL quality because he only score headers and doesn't tackle every defender

How in the blazing hell are headers subpar goals? Where did this nonsense came from?

Positioning, timing the run, outmuscle the defender and net a cross with the head ain't no easy feat. Aerial threat is a quality much needed upfront.

He can also score with his feet even if his first touch is bad. His goal (nutmegged the GK)  against Everton last season and his last one against Huddersfield are two good examples of it. People see what they want to see.

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

How in the blazing hell are headers subpar goals? Where did this nonsense came from?

Positioning, timing the run, outmuscle the defender and net a cross with the head ain't no easy feat. Aerial threat is a quality much needed upfront.

He can also score with his feet even if his first touch is bad. His goal (nutmegged the GK)  against Everton last season and his last one against Huddersfield are two good examples of it. People see what they want to see.

last year it was pens, now it's headers lol

waiting for vardy to start heading it in in order for them to start counting just like pens lol

Edited by the fox

Just now, the fox said:

last year it was pens, now it's headers lol

waiting for vardy to start heading it in for order for them to start counting just like pens lol

Vardy has his own strenghts which is perfectly fine. I don't care if it's a pen, a header, a tap-in or if he scores with his shoulder bone. A goal is a goal. Period.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Vardy has his own strenghts which is perfectly fine. I don't care if it's a pen, a header, a tap-in or if he scores with his shoulder bone. A goal is a goal. Period.

i totally agree. not all goal are equal but, in the end of the day, a goal is a goal

5 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Why can't  people just accept some rate him others don't? He is definitely the Marmite of this team but paying £29 million for this particular jar of Marmite is understandably leaving a bad taste in some mouths and leaving him open for harsher examination and criticism!

About sums it up spot on my friend.

If we’d paid, say, 20 mill, there’d be less scrutiny I think. 

Even now, in this age of football and ‘monopoly money’ I think fans still mentally construct a ‘price tag’ for a player. Imo we’ve overspent on Musa and Slim re. Those price tags.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

About sums it up spot on my friend.

If we’d paid, say, 20 mill, there’d be less scrutiny I think. 

Even now, in this age of football and ‘monopoly money’ I think fans still mentally construct a ‘price tag’ for a player. Imo we’ve overspent on Musa and Slim re. Those price tags.

And when you throw in only £400k for the superstar that is Riyad it highlights  the overpayments on Slim and Musa even more mate!

• Like 1

I remember when we were rumoured to be going for Slimani and Silva together for £50m, and that deal was (and frankly still is) a good one. We ended up spending £49.5m on Slimani and Silva.

Ultimately, if we're spending money on Slim's wages and never going to be playing him, it's best for both parties to let him go (and I'd rather us keep him). Same to be said for Ulloa, except he is more extreme given Slimani is clearly a better player.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I remember when we were rumoured to be going for Slimani and Silva together for £50m, and that deal was (and frankly still is) a good one. We ended up spending £49.5m on Slimani and Silva.

Ultimately, if we're spending money on Slim's wages and never going to be playing him, it's best for both parties to let him go (and I'd rather us keep him). Same to be said for Ulloa, except he is more extreme given Slimani is clearly a better player.

If there is a good offer then we should sell. He clearly will never start here and Puel has other ideas. Nacho will have to step up.

7 minutes ago, Antoine said:

the prob is not Slim , even CR7 or Messi would spend their time chasing the ball with Leicester , need good defense to have better possession and create opportunities for good strikers   

I think I agree with you. I’ve said before we could have Higuain and he’d be on the bench because all he does is score goals, he doesn’t run around like a maniac (not to say that that’s Vardy’s only talent).

It looks like this may be becoming less true under Puel though, which might explain why, despite us being better on be whole, Vardy isn’t standing out so much under him as he did under CS, where our whole system was more or less based around him.

Edited by Nigel Graham Pearson

7 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I think I agree with you. I’ve said before we could have Higuain and he’d be on the bench because all he does is score goals, he doesn’t run around like a maniac (not to say that that’s Vardy’s only talent).

It looks like this may be becoming less true under Puel though, which might explain why, despite us being better on be whole, Vardy isn’t standing out so much under him as he did under CS, where our whole system was more or less based around him.

Puel's system is based on Mahrez. Everything is made so he gets a decent amount of space to start his runs and Vardy's playing a big part of it.