Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Slimani

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I would have thought we would have heard something if he was injured.

That's the point, we haven't heard he's injured.

So if that's the case then he's either had a massive fall out with Puel or he's already lined up with another club for January.

Frustrating to see, Slimani is a quality player and will end up excelling at another club simply because we cannot ever drop Vardy, even when we played with 2 strikers it was clear only Shinji is able to play with him, really hope Claude can find a way to get him in the team. Benalouane is another I thought would get a chance considering he is a Puel type defender. 

Don't know why we bother to sign new players if we are just going to stick with the status quo in terms of players on the pitch. Might aswell sell Slimani, Ulloa and Kelechi now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Frustrating to see, Slimani is a quality player and will end up excelling at another club simply because we cannot ever drop Vardy, even when we played with 2 strikers it was clear only Shinji is able to play with him, really hope Claude can find a way to get him in the team. Benalouane is another I thought would get a chance considering he is a Puel type defender. 

Don't know why we bother to sign new players if we are just going to stick with the status quo in terms of players on the pitch. Might aswell sell Slimani, Ulloa and Kelechi now.  

I think Claude likes defenders who can actually defend.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think Claude likes defenders who can actually defend.

Benalouane was pretty solid when he had his chance. Not really sure what you expect when a player signs for a club and is immediately frozen out then thrown in the deep end when shit hits the fan. 

All the shit about Gray soon went away when he was actually given proper game time and a plan that worked and suited his style. Under Ranieri and Shakey defenders were pretty much told to route 1 the ball most of the time, completely against Benalouane' style of play, people simplify this crap far too often when judging how good a player is. 

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Benalouane was pretty solid when he had his chance. Not really sure what you expect when a player signs for a club and is immediately frozen out then thrown in the deep end when shit hits the fan. 

All the shit about Gray soon went away when he was actually given proper game time and a plan that worked and suited his style. Under Ranieri and Shakey defenders were pretty much told to route 1 the ball most of the time, completely against Benalouane' style of play, people simplify this crap far too often when judging how good a player is. 

He’s incredibly erratic. He had a few great games and then a few shockers.

Who would you take out for him?

think it's time to cash out! he doesn't suit puel's tactics (even though he is a great plan B and can be very helpful in those slugfest fixtures)

i don't think he is very good playing with two winger cutting inside.he needs the ball to his head a lot.

even vardy is struggling atm (even though his work rate and positioning are still great). i truly think puel will fade vardy out with time in favour of a new striker that contributes more to the build up in the next few years.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He’s incredibly erratic. He had a few great games and then a few shockers.

Who would you take out for him?

That's the question, is he good enough to replace morgan, as a footballer, probably, in terms of strength and power probably not, in terms of leadership and captaincy, not from what I've seen. 

We really need to improve Morgans position with a real proven centre half leader, with Benalouane getting game time in cups for definite, and healthy rotation in the league between Morgan and Maguire. 

Difficult balancing act but Benalouane has been treated pretty poorly considering he done well in his only real opportunity. 

21 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

That's an awful shout, Benalouane is awful. I could literally name a Leicester Centre Half XI and still not feasibly have him in that side. I've yet to see his "silky skills" on the ball, he hoofs it more than Huth and Morgan used to do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

That's an awful shout, Benalouane is awful. I could literally name a Leicester Centre Half XI and still not feasibly have him in that side. I've yet to see his "silky skills" on the ball, he hoofs it more than Huth and Morgan used to do.

Hoofing the ball was part of the team tactics, he passed it on the ground far more than huth or morgan, When did anyone say silky skills?

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

That's the question, is he good enough to replace morgan, as a footballer, probably, in terms of strength and power probably not, in terms of leadership and captaincy, not from what I've seen. 

We really need to improve Morgans position with a real proven centre half leader, with Benalouane getting game time in cups for definite, and healthy rotation in the league between Morgan and Maguire. 

Difficult balancing act but Benalouane has been treated pretty poorly considering he done well in his only real opportunity. 

It isn’t really a question at all though is it, only a lunatic would take Morgan or Maguire out for Benaloune.

There is no room for sentiment, if you aren’t good enough then you won’t play. The worst thing we did for him was to buy him but judging by his Instagram travels I don’t think he is bothered by that.