Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

How Far will england go in 2006?

Depends on the draw and who we face in the knockouts because if we face Brazil we are out. I think its out of them or Argentina or maybe, just purly based on home advantage, the Germans. We saw how well Korea and China did in 02, and France in 98, so you cant rule them out.

But if England play well consistently and play to their ull potential i cant see why they shouldnt win it. We have the best induviduals in the World but they cant seem to gel atm.

Quarters again, remember this is Sven's bottlers we're talking about. ;)

In the last 2 tournaments our inability to keep possession has been our major downfall, and I can't see anything changing for this WC either. The Premiership isn't conducive to playing possession football at the expense of entertainment, and our players just don't know how to keep hold of the ball at international level when possession is much more important.

Plus, with Sven's motivational skills and passion, or lack thereof, we've got no chance of getting to the final.

Not overly sure, my heart says we could win it but you still get the sense with alot of England sporting teams that we bottle it even when we are flying high with confidence. There's no doubt we have the strongest team other than Brazil in the world, but it's well documented that Sven's not up to the job and the media make matters worse by scrutinising everything Sven and the lads do.

I honestly think if the media could get behind them for the next 9 months and forget about the tactical ineptness of Sven then it will give us a better chance. Everyone knows that the FA won't get rid of Sven until after the World Cup at the earliest so why not bite their lips and really fire the lads up and give them the backing they need to go a step further.

Sven Goran Eriksson can't be that bad a manager, look at his club level achievements. Absolutely remarkable and his record for England isn't too shady either. It's the fact that our team is at it's strongest for many, many years that the media and the public are finding it hard to stomach when we aren't winning these tournaments. But if we were in a league style format with all the teams in the world over 40 or 50 games we'd be in the top 3 guaranteed, these tournaments require luck as much as quality and it's time we were due some.

Wayne Rooney is geared up for a stonking World Cup and if he plays anything like he did last year in Portugal then we'll give ourselves a great chance. Frank Lampard is the best goalscoring midfielder any of the European teams have and the way Rooney draws the opposition to him means it gives space for Lampard to drive forward like he did in Euro 2004 and on wednesday night. Our defence should be unbeatable, there's no team that even comes close. Even Brazil have Roque Junior in their side who Leicester ripped to pieces a few seasons ago. They are dodgy at the back, whereas we aren't.

Our downfall is we are English, we struggle under pressure and it's good to see the Cricketers and the Rugby lads breaking the mould. If the footballers can do it next year, there will be bedlam. I'm looking forward to it.

I know i'm stating the obvious but only one team can win the world cup every 4 years, i say this because i think that is what a lot of people forget.

Reaching the quarter or semi finals shouldn't mean you've failed you should pat yourself on the back and say hey great were top 8 or top 4 in the world.

The expectancy is too high so therefore when England go out in the quarter or semi final it's deemed as failure

I think they will be semi-finalists though!

I know i'm stating the obvious but only one team can win the world cup every 4 years, i say this because i think that is what a lot of people forget.

Reaching the quarter or semi finals shouldn't mean you've failed you should pat yourself on the back and say hey great were top 8 or top 4 in the world.

The expectancy is too high so therefore when England go out in the quarter or semi final it's deemed as failure

I think they will be semi-finalists though!

I agree. We shouldn't be disappointed or angry if we don't win. If we get to the semi's it will be brilliant! I think we can get to the semi's. It depends who we play though.

Quarters again, remember this is Sven's bottlers we're talking about. ;)

In the last 2 tournaments our inability to keep possession has been our major downfall, and I can't see anything changing for this WC either. The Premiership isn't conducive to playing possession football at the expense of entertainment, and our players just don't know how to keep hold of the ball at international level when possession is much more important.

Plus, with Sven's motivational skills and passion, or lack thereof, we've got no chance of getting to the final.

I fully agree with that

Depends almost entirely on the draw. If we face Brazil, Argentina, Holland or even Germany in the 2nd round or quarters we could lose and it would be seen as a failure. If we get 2 'lesser' teams in the first two knockout rounds we are in the semis and all of a sudden we have had a great tournament. I think we can beat anyone I haven't mentioned. Germany will only be tough because of home advantage. I think someone might have to knock Brazil out for us because if we play well we could beat Argentina or Holland but it would take something extra special to beat Brazil, especially defensively.

I'll go for a slightly optimistic semi-final.

Depends almost entirely on the draw. If we face Brazil, Argentina, Holland or even Germany in the 2nd round or quarters we could lose and it would be seen as a failure. If we get 2 'lesser' teams in the first two knockout rounds we are in the semis and all of a sudden we have had a great tournament. I think we can beat anyone I haven't mentioned. Germany will only be tough because of home advantage. I think someone might have to knock Brazil out for us because if we play well we could beat Argentina or Holland but it would take something extra special to beat Brazil, especially defensively.

I'll go for a slightly optimistic semi-final.

You Forgot France! Even though we haven't performed our best in goal differences we still have 3 of the Best strikers in the World!! Henry, Trezeguet and Cisse! And i tell you if Henry and Trezeguet weren't Injured we would of flown past the Qualifiers! Anyway no offence to England i still think they would do well too! :thumbup:

Archived