Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

League Cup 2018/2019

No extra-time any longer, games that end in a draw go straight to a penalty shootout - plus all matches at Premier League grounds will be monitored by VAR.

EFL Cup matches will now go straight to penalty kicks if the scores are level after 90 minutes to reduce "additional fatigue issues" following a vote by English Football League clubs.

More "fatigue" issues? First with the winter break, now this? Laughable.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44415928

The A B B A penalty shootout ruling is also coming to an end, plus seeding for the first two rounds is no more.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

No extra-time any longer, games that end in a draw go straight to a penalty shootout - plus all matches at Premier League grounds will be monitored by VAR.

More "fatigue" issues? First with the winter break, now this? Laughable.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44415928

The A B B A penalty shootout ruling is also coming to an end, plus seeding for the first two rounds is no more.

Always thought it should go straight to penalties.

Probably agree with those things on the whole with the exception of VAR - how can you have it at some grounds but not others? Makes the competition unfair no?

That also applies to the FA Cup just gone this season.

I may be in the minority here, but, I hate the fact it's straight to penalties.

Football matches should be won and lost on football ability not on a lottery.

Play another 30 minutes, I would personally still have replays so the best football team win games.

All this will do is stick 11 men behind the ball, play for penalties and hope for the best.

Also, you cannot have one rule at one ground and not at another, it has to be all in or all out.

Imagine going out of the cup to a dodgy offside call because you played the game away at Villa, rather than Brighton.

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Play another 30 minutes, I would personally still have replays so the best football team win games.

All this will do is stick 11 men behind the ball, play for penalties and hope for the best.

Also, you cannot have one rule at one ground and not at another, it has to be all in or all out.

Imagine going out of the cup to a dodgy offside call because you played the game away at Villa, rather than Brighton.

Teams do that anyway especially in extra time and many still go to penalties. Most extra times are boring anyway as teams get tired and risk injury.

• Like 2

On 11/06/2018 at 00:36, Aus Fox said:

VAR is not a rule, it is a tool. The rules of the game and application of them are the same.

Pretty sure there isn’t goal line technology at all the lower league grounds.

Edited by Captain...