Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walkerfox

Fallout 76

Anyone play the beta the other night? Got two more slots coming up on Saturday and Sunday. I had an incredible amount of fun playing with some friends and exploring. I am however worried about the longevity of the game i.e once i've explored most places, will i really want to go there again considering most locations are just empty.

4 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

Anyone play the beta the other night? Got two more slots coming up on Saturday and Sunday. I had an incredible amount of fun playing with some friends and exploring. I am however worried about the longevity of the game i.e once i've explored most places, will i really want to go there again considering most locations are just empty.

Is there any Storyline to it or is just exploring online with others?

11 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Is there any Storyline to it or is just exploring online with others?

Theres a very vague main storyline that has you finding the overseer of the vault you just left. You find notes and stuff that guide you through it but there are no NPCs to interact with or anything. It's mostly just loads of side quests that you do with your friends to be honest. You can work together to get a nuke though and thats sort of another quest. It's an interesting and completely different concept from previous fallout games, great for the short term but like I said, not sure how i'll feel in a few months.  

12 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

Theres a very vague main storyline that has you finding the overseer of the vault you just left. You find notes and stuff that guide you through it but there are no NPCs to interact with or anything. It's mostly just loads of side quests that you do with your friends to be honest. You can work together to get a nuke though and thats sort of another quest. It's an interesting and completely different concept from previous fallout games, great for the short term but like I said, not sure how i'll feel in a few months.  

Hmm seems like they've thought of that and made the map x4 times bigger than Fallout 4.

Was really looking forward to this as I enjoyed Fallout 4, but like you say, can't see much longetivity to it.

Fallout 4 dropped in price pretty quickly after release, I'll probably get it if this one does 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/12/2018 at 18:31, somebum said:

What a superb game this is, it blows trash like red dead and gta out of the water. If you want a proper game this Christmas,  get Fallout 67 end of

You have to be meming? 

It's absolutely horrendous and highlights how much a of a mess tripple a game studios are in pumping out shite like this. 

Better than red dead? Do me a favour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

You have to be meming? 

It's absolutely horrendous and highlights how much a of a mess tripple a game studios are in pumping out shite like this. 

Better than red dead? Do me a favour. 

Mate, this is somebum. He’s either a life long troll (hint) or he’s just a clueless nobhead, literally about everything (hint) merry Christmas 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pst said:

Mate, this is somebum. He’s either a life long troll (hint) or he’s just a clueless nobhead, literally about everything (hint) merry Christmas 

This coming from a poster with a profile pic of a convicted woman beater, drug dealer and petty thief; although I suppose that in your age group, you probably suppose such things are cool.

Stay classy, little one

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, somebum said:

This coming from a poster with a profile pic of a convicted woman beater, drug dealer and petty thief; although I suppose that in your age group, you probably suppose such things are cool.

Stay classy, little one

Mate you act about 14 and that’s generous. At least you can google stuff I guess, young man.

• 9 months later...

I've always been a fan of Bethesda titles, despite their inherent similarity and repeated fetch quests.

I love FallOut as a franchise and was one of the few that looked forward to this iteration of it. However, this seems to be a flaming garbage fire of a release. I held off buying it to see how it was received and it just seems to get worse and worse.

I do fear for Bethesda; CD Projek Red are going to dominate the RPG scene moving forward. The characters are much deeper, the storylines more engrossing, and the quests more varied.

• Like 1