Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jamie Vardy to Chelsea

25 minutes ago, Dames said:

I'd argue that in a system like this a player like Vardy isn't going to look as good.

He is a high intensity player, if he's not chasing down the channels or pressing high and forcing mistakes he'll be playing off the last shoulder. The problem with the current tactical set up is that there is no intensity about it and the patience on the ball means that his runs aren't going to get picked out because our other players are just so damn slow or "patient" with the ball.

He's trying his best to fit in the system but that dulls almost every strength he has so he's going to look like he's not fit or not there.

To be honest if Puel is here for the long run then we really should consider cashing in as having a striker around for 3 years on 100k pw+ that doesn't fit into the system just doesn't make sense. Its either that or start setting up the team to play to the strengths of our best players and we all know Puel will not change his way for anything.

You could be right, mine is only an opinion.

I sadly agree that we would be better off cashing in on him now but I don't really think anyone is going to buy him and I don't think he'll get the same salary or respect he has at Leicester at the moment.

With regards the style, as I said I don't think that's the reason, but I agree wholeheartedly with the idea. What I think some supporters don't understand is that he really is a great attacker when teams are attacking and we are on the back foot. That isn't going to happen anymore other than against the elite teams. The others sit back against us. Jamie just isn't made for scoring against 2 thirds of the team in the league, he's made for scoring against the top 6 and their ilk. In my opinion he would be better of going to a team in danger of relegation against whom everyone attacks and has possession and then he could use his skills to get the goals. Good man but wrong team now - whether it's Puel , Rodgers or Klopp in charge.  

32 minutes ago, FIF said:

Sooo

It's everybody elses fault but Jamies.

I think he's not as good this year, not as fit and mentally not really there.

Because that's exactly what I'm saying.

Vardy certainly has his deficiencies, but he's also most definitely not entirely himself to blame for the attacking mess we're finding ourselves in right now.

49 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Because that's exactly what I'm saying.

Vardy certainly has his deficiencies, but he's also most definitely not entirely himself to blame for the attacking mess we're finding ourselves in right now.

I think it's also fair to say that Jamie, as a 32 year old striker, is regressing in physical ability. He's not as fast, and he is not as clinical when he gets his chances. We've been spoiled by just how good he was in the last few years. When he would get put through on net, you just knew he'd be picking the ball out of the back of the net. Now, it seems, he is getting stopped one on one with the keeper, much more often.

That said, he's obviously still a very good player and in no need of replacing. But it would be nice to have other strikers that could provide him some competition, and give us a plan B when we're chasing the game.

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe like most Wags that dont live in London. and have the sort of Lifestyle like she does - its a desirable place and she loves it irrespective of the tenuous links

Hence I said obviously nothing. The problem is on social media as you know idiots stirr trouble and have a go at her which doesn't help