Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jamie Vardy to Chelsea

Just now, AKCJ said:

One thing we all have to prepare for is that life after Vardy won't involve a 20 goal PL striker each season.

People are making the same mistake they made as they did about Mahrez, it's not all on one player to solve the issue. If you aim to improve multiple areas, bring goals from other areas you will lower the burden on the replacement. eg. Mahrez out... Maddison and Ricardo in.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

How recent are you talking, we're not banging on about Slim and Musa are we?

Personally I'm happy with our summer spending.

I said "in that department" - which obviously means attack.

So I'm talking Iheanacho and Slimani, probably also Musa. Unless I missed us signing strikers this summer.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I get your point and from a business point of view it's the sensible option. I feel like Vardy is the one exception is make to this. For what he's done and what he could still do for us I'd be happy for us to take the hit financially. Easy to say when it ain't my money I suppose

It isn't happening anyway, so nothing to even think about. Nobody will pay the sort of money it would need for us to consider it.

If by some miracle we get offered silly January money i'd take £50 million and hold on until the summer to replace. We aren't going anywhere fast this season and Vardy is already starting to decline, he's not as fast or as energetic as he used to be, his finishing isn't as clinical either and we are going to have to replace him at some point. We'd then have £50 million in the summer to buy a few replacements and the memory of Vardy being sold won't be so fresh so we won't be ripped off as badly as we would in January. However I do have a lack of faith in the club finding a good enough replacement.

Its all a moot point however as the club wont sell and we won't get anything north of a £20 million offer at best.

IF, and it's a very big IF, there is any substance to the story, there are plenty of strikers worth a punt with a £50 million wad.

Players proven in England or with Premier League experience :- Che Adams, Tammy Abraham, Odion Ighalo, Olivier Giroud, Mousa Dembele just off the top of my head would be within budget.

From abroad,Sebastian Heller would be my first choice

Do I want it ?

No, but at some point in the next 18-24 months we will need a replacement.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We've not been bad the last year to be honest. But no, we need a few more hits yet before the trust is back with the scouting.

Frightening that bar Ulloa, the last striker we bought that has been anywhere near a success was the man we need to replace at some point. That is 6 years ago and we've had hundred of millions of pounds. Scandalous.

23 minutes ago, Dames said:

If by some miracle we get offered silly January money i'd take £50 million and hold on until the summer to replace. We aren't going anywhere fast this season and Vardy is already starting to decline, he's not as fast or as energetic as he used to be, his finishing isn't as clinical either and we are going to have to replace him at some point. We'd then have £50 million in the summer to buy a few replacements and the memory of Vardy being sold won't be so fresh so we won't be ripped off as badly as we would in January. However I do have a lack of faith in the club finding a good enough replacement.

Its all a moot point however as the club wont sell and we won't get anything north of a £20 million offer at best.

If we sold him for £50m and waited till the summer there's every chance we could slide seven or so places, so we wouldn't have anything like £50m available. Have you actually watched Shinji, Gray or Iheanacho recently?

1 hour ago, MPH said:

and that’s the reason why i think people are baulking at Bab’s 50 million, not is it good valuation for a 32 year old... but who can we get with that money who is as good as vardy 

We just need to find another £1m non league superstar. Easy. X 

44 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

How recent are you talking, we're not banging on about Slim and Musa are we?

Personally I'm happy with our summer spending.

Why? 

Our mob have changed and recent signings (see above) have been decent.

Do you work at the club?

Bet it wouldn't take too long to work out who you are, the one with a constant cloud hanging over his head. ;)

Ha. No i dont work at the club.

Recent signings have been good but when was the last decent striker we signed?

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People are making the same mistake they made as they did about Mahrez, it's not all on one player to solve the issue. If you aim to improve multiple areas, bring goals from other areas you will lower the burden on the replacement. eg. Mahrez out... Maddison and Ricardo in.

Damn! We’ve been playing with 12?! No wonder we’re doing well ?

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

At which point you'd have a player not worth anything and not the same budget to replace him.

i was an advocate a few weeks back for bringing in a younger but similar type player to learn from him. i’m still of that opinion.

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We just need to find another £1m non league superstar. Easy. X 

lol i know right. 

But if truth be told its its easier to afford someone a season or two to start growing to be that player you need him to be when you are in the championship than the prem. But definitely a younger player who is similar to Vardy who could really learn from him and would be up to speed in a year or two

• Like 1