Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Flight Sims

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

hmmm - not sure what I think about this. On the one hand it looks amazing and expands the Flight Sim experience in a number of ways - looks like you can be an air taxi, firefighter, rescue pilot etc. On the other hand it appears to be a new game and therefore no doubt at a hefty price not long after the most recent version was released.

Probably still buy it though!

In my opinion, this should have been presented as an add on. Just smacks of a way to grab cash, as it’s more or less the same game / sim. There’s so much that could and should be improved with the current version, it’s frustrating that they’re focusing most on missions. 

The good news is that most if not all current addons available will be compatible with this new version and Asobo have confirmed they’re dedicated to the current MSFS roadmap, so a few years of support and dev left yet. The only way I’d buy this new version on release is if there’s a considerable performance improvement, but I think that’s unlikely.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

No drunk stag dos modelled in the interior? Pass. 

Serious note, that looks fantastic. Love the detail on the rail depot having driven past that thing for many years. 

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

No drunk stag dos modelled in the interior? Pass. 

Serious note, that looks fantastic. Love the detail on the rail depot having driven past that thing for many years. 

I had about a minute in the drone cam earlier, no drunk stags but definitely people in the lounge having a drink lol

The details incredible.

On 23/07/2023 at 13:57, Trumpet said:

I had about a minute in the drone cam earlier, no drunk stags but definitely people in the lounge having a drink lol

The details incredible.

Looks unreal and the videos I've seen, people saying it's the best airport release to date.

A well overdue airport.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Seeing as my fellow FTers didn't do what I asked above, I've fallen into this particular hole and I'm absolutely loving it even if I am about 8 years late to the party.

I've gone in on the F/A-18C as carrier ops snared me in.  Even just doing take-off and landing on these things is such a challenge.  I've limited combat to ground ops in the Sinai campaign (was before recent events in the region I should add).  VR works very well and mapping selection to the joystick makes the "interaction" aspect work very well, much better than MSFS I feel.

Level of challenge is order of magnitude higher.  Although these things are reasonably easy to fly, you end up spending hours watching videos on operating radar and weapon systems which, shock, are extremely challenging to operate.  I have dabbled in some PVP combat but I got absolutely mullered as I'm not comfortable operating all the sub-systems proficiently enough to not make me a sitting duck to far more abled players.

I'd recommend those of us into this sort of thing to give it a dabble as they offer 2 week trials on all modules so you can have a good play with stuff for free before they snare you in.  

On 10/10/2023 at 12:08, Zear0 said:

Seeing as my fellow FTers didn't do what I asked above, I've fallen into this particular hole and I'm absolutely loving it even if I am about 8 years late to the party.

I've gone in on the F/A-18C as carrier ops snared me in.  Even just doing take-off and landing on these things is such a challenge.  I've limited combat to ground ops in the Sinai campaign (was before recent events in the region I should add).  VR works very well and mapping selection to the joystick makes the "interaction" aspect work very well, much better than MSFS I feel.

Level of challenge is order of magnitude higher.  Although these things are reasonably easy to fly, you end up spending hours watching videos on operating radar and weapon systems which, shock, are extremely challenging to operate.  I have dabbled in some PVP combat but I got absolutely mullered as I'm not comfortable operating all the sub-systems proficiently enough to not make me a sitting duck to far more abled players.

I'd recommend those of us into this sort of thing to give it a dabble as they offer 2 week trials on all modules so you can have a good play with stuff for free before they snare you in.  

I’ve never really considered it, but if there’s a trial I might give it a go. Not that I need more games to play at the moment, I’m swamped :D.

I’ve recently gone back to X Plane (12) after learning of a plug-in called AutoOrtho. Does what it says on the tin - automatically injects ortho tiles into the sim, so imo the scenery is now on par with MSFS. I must admit, the feel of X Plane just feels much better at the moment.

52 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I’ve never really considered it, but if there’s a trial I might give it a go. Not that I need more games to play at the moment, I’m swamped :D.

I’ve recently gone back to X Plane (12) after learning of a plug-in called AutoOrtho. Does what it says on the tin - automatically injects ortho tiles into the sim, so imo the scenery is now on par with MSFS. I must admit, the feel of X Plane just feels much better at the moment.

Never dabbled with X-plane. Was always P3D before MSFS2020 came. I'll give the Ortho a go as look cool. 

11 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Never dabbled with X-plane. Was always P3D before MSFS2020 came. I'll give the Ortho a go as look cool. 

It takes some setting up compared to MSFS but it’s well worth the effort. There’s a free 737 mod called Zibo 737, which is as good if not better than the PMDG. I think XP12 has a demo version too.

5 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

It takes some setting up compared to MSFS but it’s well worth the effort. There’s a free 737 mod called Zibo 737, which is as good if not better than the PMDG. I think XP12 has a demo version too.

Nice. Similar controls as the 777? Figured that out in PMDG but not sure I've ever done any 737 flying. 

On 17/10/2023 at 09:40, Zear0 said:

Nice. Similar controls as the 777? Figured that out in PMDG but not sure I've ever done any 737 flying. 

I’m not too familiar with the 777, but I’d imagine controls and things are very similar. 

• 6 months later...