Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Flight Sims

9 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

how is it going for @adejo92, @lifted*fox, @Trumpet and others who brought it?

I've still not gotten round to ordering a new PC (had quite a lot going on). Me and the missus are seperating and I will soon be moving on to my own place and therefore the decision to spend £1000 on a new PC is somewhat easier to justify!

That’s an extreme life decision to be able to play a flight simulator!!

Seriously though I hope everything’s ok

2 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

That’s an extreme life decision to be able to play a flight simulator!!

Seriously though I hope everything’s ok

haha, no not Flight Sim related. The missus announced a couple of months ago that "it's over" to cut a long story short. 

Feeling quite pissed off about it, but got to move forward! House is up for sale, so once that's sold we can each take our money and move on (and buy a new PC!)

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I've still not gotten round to ordering a new PC (had quite a lot going on). Me and the missus are seperating and I will soon be moving on to my own place and therefore the decision to spend £1000 on a new PC is somewhat easier to justify!

First and foremost, i am sorry to hear about your relationship breaking down. I always tell myself that everything happens for a reason and hopefully you'll come out of the whole situation better off over time.

Regarding the flight simulation - I am still extremely impressed with it. I am far from mastering the Airliners and i have had a number of flights where i have waited a couple of hours of flight to mess up the landing! I would still highly recommend it to others but its an absolute leach on your free time!

I've got a 3 month old baby so the time i can dedicate to it is limited at the minute.

There is a lot more freeware stuff like highly detailed liveries available now and also an increasing amount of Payware airports which can be bought via the in game market place very easily.

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

First and foremost, i am sorry to hear about your relationship breaking down. I always tell myself that everything happens for a reason and hopefully you'll come out of the whole situation better off over time.

Regarding the flight simulation - I am still extremely impressed with it. I am far from mastering the Airliners and i have had a number of flights where i have waited a couple of hours of flight to mess up the landing! I would still highly recommend it to others but its an absolute leach on your free time!

I've got a 3 month old baby so the time i can dedicate to it is limited at the minute.

There is a lot more freeware stuff like highly detailed liveries available now and also an increasing amount of Payware airports which can be bought via the in game market place very easily.

That...

I'm doing a real-time around the world flight in as many legs as time permits.  Did one of the longer ones from New Delhi to Bangkok and binned the landing for the first time in yonks in the A320.  Not sure if that requires a restart from Delhi or not, I don't think it does personally...

23 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

That...

I'm doing a real-time around the world flight in as many legs as time permits.  Did one of the longer ones from New Delhi to Bangkok and binned the landing for the first time in yonks in the A320.  Not sure if that requires a restart from Delhi or not, I don't think it does personally...

Oh dear. I vote that you have 2 lives,  1 now gone.

Around the world is a mammoth task

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Slowly getting there.  EMA->Paris->Innsbruck->Athens->Cairo->Dubai->New Delhi->Bangkok(sort of).  Just gives me a bit of motivation when I'm wondering where to fly from in the evenings.

Sounds great mate. What's been your longest leg so far and are you using the same plane throughout your whole journey? 

Yeah A320 the whole thing.  The New Delhi to Bangkok was the longest as was a weekend job.  Most of them I just see where I can get to in 2 hours so I can get one in during the evening.  Similar to the above, I've got a 5 month old to manage and cockpit time is limited!

• Thanks 1

On 14/10/2020 at 09:49, stripeyfox said:

I've managed to get this working on high settings with the following:

£80 CPU/APU

£90 RAM 

£60 Mother Board 

£70 NVME Storage

+ Bit of tweaking in the BIOS. 

If you factor in a case, PSU and peripherals you're looking at about £400! 

£400 in total for a machine that can play that on high settings. 

I could probably get ultra working for £500 in total by upgrading the APU. 

Anyone who wants any further information let me know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve not been on for a month or so as I’d decided to wait on a few updates and community modded aircraft. 

Spent some of yesterday evening tweaking my settings and trying to get photogrammetry cities looking reasonable, but I’ve decided they’re either quite broken at the moment or I need a hardware upgrade.

Found an airline management plugin called OnAir which looks interesting, will be giving that a try today.

On 17/10/2020 at 19:25, Zear0 said:

Looking great! Got my 3080 arriving tomorrow so curious to see the difference in quality. 

I cancelled mine in the end, I was 55th in a queue for an EVGA ftw3 3080 😂

Let us know how you get on, will probably look at getting one early next year when they’ve manufactured more than 10!

Does anyone find rural Leicestershire really inaccurate? I took off from Coventry to fly to a waypoint in Burbage and it had like a lake system near the A5 turn off on the M69 that looked like the Florida Everglades! Also Hinckley and Burbage are unrecognisable...

Maybe I'm used to flying over the cities which seem really accurate. 

I did manage to land on the M69 though in my Cessna, do a 180 degree turn and tried to actually drive into Burbage but I crashed into what only can described as the world's shortest bridge just short of the junction! 

Edited by Collymore

18 hours ago, Collymore said:

Does anyone find rural Leicestershire really inaccurate? I took off from Coventry to fly to a waypoint in Burbage and it had like a lake system near the A5 turn off on the M69 that looked like the Florida Everglades! Also Hinckley and Burbage are unrecognisable...

Maybe I'm used to flying over the cities which seem really accurate. 

I did manage to land on the M69 though in my Cessna, do a 180 degree turn and tried to actually drive into Burbage but I crashed into what only can described as the world's shortest bridge just short of the junction! 

I haven't flown over them specific areas although I think you mean your comment as a generalisation.  I have tried flying over Markfield and Ratby and felt that, other than buildings being changed with generic ones,  it was actually quite accurate with road layouts and areas.

That said, there are plenty of areas that do seem a bit inaccurate due to miss shaped lakes etc.

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I haven't flown over them specific areas although I think you mean your comment as a generalisation.  I have tried flying over Markfield and Ratby and felt that, other than buildings being changed with generic ones,  it was actually quite accurate with road layouts and areas.

That said, there are plenty of areas that do seem a bit inaccurate due to miss shaped lakes etc.

Actually I don't think the coordinates I took from Google maps translated to the right place using the VFR map. 

I think it put me at Billy Makins fishery.  

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 12:28, lifted*fox said:

no but you can sign up to the month trial of xbox game pass on PC for £1 and download the standard version from there. 

tbf I've been managing to switch between the two game pass trials for £1 for months now. 

How do you do this? I can't even cancel my subscription in Microsoft!

• 1 month later...

How are people getting on with the sim now? Numerous updates having been released since the thread was last active including two world updates. The next world update is UK so it will be interesting to see what airports they add. East Midlands would be nice, if not, Birmingham.

Here's a couple of photos from tonight's flight. The first push back from Manchester and the second having parked at the gate in Dublin - Both add on scenery and both look great!

1.thumb.jpg.87d12f97f75c3fc29187d36666c075df.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3f27a3f7a75bb5c36b3c3f18da27c49e.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...