Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Flight Sims

• 2 months later...

Not sure if anyone is still playing this however if so, there's a new Helicopter Mod that's well worth a look. Level of detail is incredible.

Not a big fan of actually flying the Helicopter, and i have far from grasped it, but it's a nice alternative when you just want a little cruise to check out some of the amazing scenery. 

Managed to grab a couple of shots from above the KP.

11.thumb.jpg.3c00a084d4dd407e781f74f28e4f2948.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.ff1ff2965bdaf918707c947671fa8146.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Is there a way to speed up flight times?

I want to travel the world just not in real time cause I’m a lazy bugger. 

There's a setting called "Sim Rates" that is the key to adjust game speed.  Check in settings what yours is bound as.

• Thanks 1

On 26/06/2021 at 12:36, leicsmac said:

Still playing X-Plane 11 over here, Linux fan that I am, so took the British Antarctic Survey Dash-7 on a spin from Rothera to Port Stanley, arriving in the Falklands just as dawn was beginning to break:

rothera.jpg

I deleted terabytes of scenery when I moved over to MSFS. Gutted, as XP11 is much better at handling VR on my system it seems.

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

Looks like there’s a huge update coming on July 27th in regards to performance. Just in time for PMDGs 737 hopefully!

Good news on both accounts, the 737 is the only PMDG plane I had for FSX and was brilliant. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Trumpet @Ginger_Filbert @Zear0 @Collymore @stripeyfox

I know there's only a select few sad gits that have an interest in flight sims, so this thread doesn't get much love!

Just wondering how everyone is getting on? Personally, i have had to take a long break from playing as my daughter has now reached the age where she's awake more and it gets rather frustrating when you near the end of a flight and then a little snot covered flipper comes and smashes your controls!

Managed to get a short flight in tonight to Liverpool. Wasn't the smoothest as i have forgotten a lot of the controls however managed to land in one piece!

1-min.thumb.jpg.0576195d36c4962e2c5d478adca23140.jpg2-min.thumb.jpg.a5f52013469cf9ebed5663dea732ac39.jpg3-min.thumb.jpg.2ce7f1c37a5133a1f5fbf76f3a7a46f6.jpg4-min.thumb.jpg.e7ff06e0d075be827b239e1152d7c6be.jpg

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I know there's only a select few sad gits that have an interest in flight sims, so this thread doesn't get much love!

Just wondering how everyone is getting on? Personally, i have had to take a long break from playing as my daughter has now reached the age where she's awake more and it gets rather frustrating when you near the end of a flight and then a little snot covered flipper comes and smashes your controls!

Managed to get a short flight in tonight to Liverpool. Wasn't the smoothest as i have forgotten a lot of the controls however managed to land in one piece!

1-min.thumb.jpg.0576195d36c4962e2c5d478adca23140.jpg2-min.thumb.jpg.a5f52013469cf9ebed5663dea732ac39.jpg3-min.thumb.jpg.2ce7f1c37a5133a1f5fbf76f3a7a46f6.jpg4-min.thumb.jpg.e7ff06e0d075be827b239e1152d7c6be.jpg

Nice shots!

Still using X-Plane every so often over here, like taking the Zibo 737 on the Incheon-Narita run.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Nice shots!

Still using X-Plane every so often over here, like taking the Zibo 737 on the Incheon-Narita run.

Thank You,

I did spend many an hour on X-Plane 11 and the Zibo 737 was what made it so enjoyable. X-Plane definitely still has some advantages and Pro's over MSFS however i am not sure i would ever go back.

12 hours ago, adejo92 said:

nice! I haven't had a lot of time to play it recently. I see there has been some fairly chunky updates

I might have to have another blast soon

On 08/09/2021 at 22:39, adejo92 said:

I’ve recently got back into it, especially since SU5 and the performance improvements. Managed to pick up a new PC too, so I’m running a 3070ti now which makes it a bit easier to run.

Spent a bit of time so far in the TBM, there’s a decent mod out here that makes it flyable. 

We should arrange a foxestalk flight when we’re all available!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I’ve recently got back into it, especially since SU5 and the performance improvements. Managed to pick up a new PC too, so I’m running a 3070ti now which makes it a bit easier to run.

Spent a bit of time so far in the TBM, there’s a decent mod out here that makes it flyable. 

We should arrange a foxestalk flight when we’re all available!

That's really good to hear, I'm glad others are still enjoying.

I've just ordered the Thrust Master Airbus set as my cheaper thrustmaster just seems to be too sensitive, despite changing sensitivity settings, and just is a bit rubbish.

We should definitely set up a flight!

Have you had any good flights recently that stand out?

On 08/09/2021 at 22:39, adejo92 said:

Have been flying about here and there but it's dawned on me that my Costco style PC build is really letting it down, which is putting me off playing! 

I like the new 'crash and blast about' feature but taxying the M69 made me realise it's still way off my utopian vision of this sim. 

I'm in desperate need for a new graphics card but it's the worst market imaginable at the moment. 

Edited by Collymore

21 hours ago, adejo92 said:

That's really good to hear, I'm glad others are still enjoying.

I've just ordered the Thrust Master Airbus set as my cheaper thrustmaster just seems to be too sensitive, despite changing sensitivity settings, and just is a bit rubbish.

We should definitely set up a flight!

Have you had any good flights recently that stand out?

I’ve not had any flights of note to be honest. I really struggle to choose where to fly to so I’ve picked up Air Hauler 2 recently which gives a bit more purpose and makes the choosing a little easier!

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Have been flying about here and there but it's dawned on me that my Costco style PC build is really letting it down, which is putting me off playing! 

I like the new 'crash and blast about' feature but taxying the M69 made me realise it's still way off my utopian vision of this sim. 

I'm in desperate need for a new graphics card but it's the worst market imaginable at the moment. 

My old PC handled it reasonably well, but wanted to improve performance across a few other games too. I bought a complete build from scan which made getting a new graphics card possible. I’ve gone from a 2060 to a 3070ti and the difference is incredible.