Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Excited about the Club for First Time since Summer '17

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

Life eh?  What's the point?

And getting up in the morning.  Why bother?  You only have to do it again the next day.  Might as well stay in bed.

Hopes and dreams you say....?

No, you've lost me.

images.jpeg.ccd1a2b6d311e1faf8d3a198bb2e5d16.jpeg

I'm perfectly happy with the scenario I've described but plenty of people seemingly including the op and maybe yourself seem to be expecting a bright new dawn and amazing exciting things to instantly happen now Puel has gone. You can call it ambition if you want but if/when we sit in a not dissimilar position next season it'll be them rather than me whol be moaning and looking like a dour cartoon donkey because there 'hopes and dreams'/ massive sense of entitlement haven't been met.

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

Puel was a good appointment on paper, he is not a bad manager just a bad fit for Leicester and the Premier League.

Not saying he is a bad manager because I don't think he is. Problem is the defensie football, he's not sudenly just started playing that was so did the board not watch his previous management roles? That's more of my point.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Not saying he is a bad manager because I don't think he is. Problem is the defensie football, he's not sudenly just started playing that was so did the board not watch his previous management roles? That's more of my point.

Fair enough, as someone to help us transition I can see the logic in appointing him. I don’t see it as a terrible appointment he fulfilled a large part of the brief he just wasn’t the man to take us forwards.

16 hours ago, FireFox said:

When Shakespeare was given the job full time, I thought it was an awful choice and have been slowly losing interest in the club and football. I tried watching most games (via streaming here in the US of A), but sometimes I just knew not to wake up at 6 AM to watch the uninspiring performances; I'd just catch whatever highlights there were later.  

But now, especially with the Rodgers rumours (I've wanted him as our next manager ever since Pearson left). I'm hopeful and excited about the upcoming games and the general future of the club. I am hopeful that Top and Rudkin (and the plans for future infrastructure already in place) can convince someone to come in, someone who will inspire the players, get the best of our squad, finish top 8, and win a cup or two.

And as it has been since the title win, this next transfer window is so important. We need a manager who can inspire the young, promising players to stay. But also get the best out of Vardy (or another striker) and Albrghton. And with Schmeichel, Chilwell, Maguire, and Ricardo - we have an exciting back line. The squad is exciting, but the managers just haven't inspired or gotten the best out of them, or am I wrong?

This is Leicester City!

Don't get too excited........you'll only do yourself brain damage.

Out there lurks Hughes, Fat Sam, Pardew, Moyes and Wagner. So I'm remaining very calm! (and concerned!)

Based on the recent poor choices of managers I’m a little apprehensive about them getting this right, very important decision for young Top. 

However, I am looking forward to going down and watching them now, haven’t felt like this in a while. Whether we start picking up wins only time will tell..