Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Season Ticket Renewals 19/20

48 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Traveling to the last couple of away games I’ve noticed clubs already advertising season ticket renewal for next year and it occurred to me we haven’t (that I’m aware of) heard anything about ours. Just wondering if anyone knew when we would find out or any incling at all

they normally get round to it in May. If we're lucky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

well, yes but it is handy if the club inform ST holders about prices etc (increase or another freeze)

I think it was into May last year before they announced it

Think it was after the season finished. Expect the same this year. The club know they'll sell them all so under no pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

They left it so late last year - we had to pay ten instalments at a higher price than eleven at a smaller. That sort of thing is the reason why people do it DD - £35 is more manageable than £40 on some people's budgets. 

It takes nothing to release them in late April but always late. For all the applauds the club gets for throwing out freebies, in this area we are non-league. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They left it so late last year - we had to pay ten instalments at a higher price than eleven at a smaller. That sort of thing is the reason why people do it DD - £35 is more manageable than £40 on some people's budgets. 

It takes nothing to release them in late April but always late. For all the applauds the club gets for throwing out freebies, in this area we are non-league. 

It does seem strange. Most clubs already have this wrapped up by now. 

They simply have to decide internally on a pricing structure. Price freeze or increase? Then just announce it with standard corporate sugar coated brochure and we can all decide what we want to do then. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there is a small increase this year...

33 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I suppose the irony is that in the great escape season they released it when we were bottom of the league with the renewal deadline before we would be either guaranteed relegated or another Premier League season. They can do it quickly when they want to! lol

I'm glad you mentioned this because I thought this was the case too - but wasn't 100% sure. 

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If £5 makes or breaks your budget then people should maybe rethink having even having a season ticket in the first place 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

If £5 makes or breaks your budget then people should maybe rethink having even having a season ticket in the first place 

£5 per month - £35 payments each month over 11 months may be better for some than £40 payments each month over 10 months. 

36 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£5 per month - £35 payments each month over 11 months may be better for some than £40 payments each month over 10 months. 

Especially for people who pay for multiple season tickets.:frusty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know it’s per month as I do direct debit myself but I still stand by my point if £5 a month makes or breaks the budget then people need to rethink having a season ticket 

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I know it’s per month as I do direct debit myself but I still stand by my point if £5 a month makes or breaks the budget then people need to rethink having a season ticket 

I can agree with this, plus, over a 12 month period you pay the same amount (the full cost of the season ticket). Maybe put aside a few quid every month when there is no payment (i.e. month 11 and 12).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I see your point but when DD is on auto enrol and the club leaves it late...sometimes you’ve planned your budget and suddenly that changes. As bayfox has pointed out, on a family of four that could be £20 per month?

Point is it takes the club nothing to get the information out now but they delay it?!? Further notice better for all parties. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox