Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

Danny Drinkwater

15 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's only a poor move in hindsight.

Personally I can't blame him for making a big move when we looked like we had run our race. When we won the title he was half of the best midfield partnership in the PL and looked the classier of the two players on the ball. He had an opportunity to go to a big club and rekindle that partnership and win more trophies. It has worked out a terrible move for him footballing wise but he won't die wondering. 

A brilliant player for us and the cherry on the cake was he earned the club £35m whilst he was already on a downward curve after repetitive injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if he seen out his contract at Chelsea and retired. You never hear him whining about not getting game time or forcing a move so perhaps in his head he's already semi retired and seeing out his contract? Awful business for Chelsea and must be one of their worst pieces of business if not the worst. 

Makes up for the £32 million we got for Kante 

Chelsea may well have to stick with him, considering their FIFA transfer ban until the end of 2020 (or is just before year they can't, not sure?).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Hopefully this might be the end of the multiple pointless threads every transfer window where people bang the drum for us to re-sign him. We've moved on.

Oh, and drink driving is awful, needs to sort his life out.

Just now, z-layrex said:

I'll never feel sad for a drink driver. Should carry 10 years in prison.

Sure. And there will be people who won’t be sad for a footballer who earns over a hundred grand a week. And they’ll be people who won’t be sad because he left Leicester to go to Chelsea for more money. And they’ll be people who simply hate him as he’s now allegedly been drunk behind the wheel.

I would imagine he’s absolutely miserable and his life has pretty much imploded in him after not playing the game he lives for the last year or more. I imagine he’s trying to fill the void it left pretty stupidly and unsuccessfully. 

• Thanks 1

Guest MattP

There was a picture of him last week in one of the rags where he looked absolutely plastered, it looks like he's got a problem and he needs some help if so.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

There was a picture of him last week in one of the rags where he looked absolutely plastered, it looks like he's got a problem and he needs some help if so.

Was thinking the same thing, posting something similar in the Drinkwater thread on the main LCFC Drinkwater thread part.

Perhaps we didn't know something that could've been under wraps for some time?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

I looked at an article yesterday about him and Barkley being out on in London until 5AM and back at training a few hours later. Must have been the same one.

Not a great look for Danny to be in the headlines a few days later. Looks like it was on the cards for a while. Never mind his football career but his personal life looks to have really taken a nosedive.

Wonder could Chelsea dismiss him for this incident now?

Hasn't really been the same since the Euros snub. Always struck me as a fragile but very intense sort, huge perfectionist and you could always see him beating himself up if he ever did something wrong for us.

I think people downplay how tight-knit our dressing room was and just how much support Drinkwater might have gotten from essentially playing with his mates.

I don't think his move was money orientated (though no doubt it helped), he's a gimp for drink driving but it's just a huge waste of what should have been the peak of his career.

• Like 1