Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

Danny Drinkwater

Sad situation, glad that there doesnt seem to be any serious injuries.

I hope that other players look at Drinky and question the value of going to a "big club". A player with the world at his feet who has wasted the best years of his career sitting on the bench or not even playing.

Its time that squad sizes were limited.

11 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Stealing a wage but who can blame him. It’s not his fault Chelsea pay him so much and don’t use him, whatever the reason.

bizarre turn in his career. I sort of feel for him

Career wise, Poor advice from his agent, an Ill judged opinion of his own ability, or worse than that someone who’s happy to graze and steal a living, it’s such a shame.

As for the drink driving there is no excuse, get a taxi, he has pits of cash ? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Career wise, Poor advice from his agent, an Ill judged opinion of his own ability, or worse than that someone who’s happy to graze and steal a living, it’s such a shame.

Bang on Lawro.

Definitely a poor move for him (unless earning an even bigger bucketload of cash was his sole motivation). His agent is always going to go for the transfer and I guess sportsmen are a determined bunch and Drinks probably backed himself to not end up in the "eternal substitute" role - most likely he thought he could force his way in to the team.

• Like 2

Hope this puts an end to anyone who thinks we should try and get him back. 

At the same time, hope he gets the help that's needed once he's served any punishment. 

A big presumption but I'm guessing not being able to play what you love doing for a couple of years and being shunned out but two managers really does take its toll on you mentally. And yes I do know he gets paid a fat wedge for sitting around and training each week but money doesn't always guarantee happiness. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hope this puts an end to anyone who thinks we should try and get him back. 

At the same time, hope he gets the help that's needed once he's served any punishment. 

A big presumption but I'm guessing not being able to play what you love doing for a couple of years and being shunned out but two managers really does take its toll on you mentally. And yes I do know he gets paid a fat wedge for sitting around and training each week but money doesn't always guarantee happiness. 

I wonder if he’s ever actually put in a transfer request.... if he’s unhappy surely he would have.

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I wonder if he’s ever actually put in a transfer request.... if he’s unhappy surely he would have.

Maybe. But I'm guessing his wages are putting off other clubs from buying him. So while he's 'happy' to take the money, is he actually 'happy' not being able to play football... 

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It's only a poor move in hindsight.

Personally I can't blame him for making a big move when we looked like we had run our race. When we won the title he was half of the best midfield partnership in the PL and looked the classier of the two players on the ball. He had an opportunity to go to a big club and rekindle that partnership and win more trophies. It has worked out a terrible move for him footballing wise but he won't die wondering. 

A brilliant player for us and the cherry on the cake was he earned the club £35m whilst he was already on a downward curve after repetitive injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if he seen out his contract at Chelsea and retired. You never hear him whining about not getting game time or forcing a move so perhaps in his head he's already semi retired and seeing out his contract? Awful business for Chelsea and must be one of their worst pieces of business if not the worst.