Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Lee Congerton appointed Head of Recruitment

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Hold on a minute, who was the head of recruitment at Sunderland?

You can't hold the DoF responsible for signings at one club, then the HoR at the next, just because it suits your argument.

You can on Foxes Talk...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

DoF at Sunderland apparently, kinda blows this post out of the water. lol

lol

He was head of recruitment at Sunderland, his job title was Director of Football that's all, but he was the man in charge of recruitment on Wearside.  Why do you think Sunderland fans hold him responsible?

Yeah, blown out of the water.  lol

That comment,  put back into context was in answer to the rather strange question 'why is head of recruitment responsible for recruitment?' not a reference to Sunderland specifically.

Edited by murphy

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

lol

He was head of recruitment at Sunderland, his job title was Director of Football that's all, but he was the man in charge of recruitment on Wearside.  Why do you think Sunderland fans hold him responsible?

Yeah, blown out of the water.  lol

Shuffling the goalposts, perhaps? You said previously:

Since their job title became 'head of recruitment' I suppose.  That is where the buck stops with recruitment, obviously

I can see this becoming circular, so I'll leave others to judge any contradictions that may be apparent. :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Since their job title became 'head of recruitment' I suppose.  That is where the buck stops with recruitment, obviously

I can see this becoming circular, so I'll leave others to judge any contradictions that may be apparent. :thumbup:

No, I think there's a definitive answer here, it is Foxtalk after all. In Jon Rudkin at Leicester, we had someone who, regardless of title or position, was somebody to blame for whatever we wanted, regardless of guilt. Conversely, if it was something good, all we really needed to know was the rule that it couldn't possibly be down to him. So Congleton can now be the new Rudkin, it's easy. In fairness, Rudkin has done a sterling job in the aforementioned position and is due some testimonial respite care for a short period. When he returns after the summer he will assume the less stressful post of assistant scapegoat which is befitting recognition of the excellence he achieved in his former post. I think this is only reasonable. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Yes, in answer to this question that you posed:

Since when did a head of recruitment bear sole responsibility for all signings made during their tenure?

No goalposts shuffled, ruffled or molested in any way.   Simple answer to a strange question, but to then suggest that this was blown out of the water because LC was DoF at Sunderland (HoR at Celtic) is rather laughable, to be kind, when there was no specific reference to Sunderland.  

What's in a name anyway?   LC was the man in charge of recruitment at Hamburg, Sunderland, Celtic and now Leicester.

God help us all!

Edited by murphy

Congerton hasn’t kicked the habit of leaving things lying around …

Sorry, cannot show more than a half page to avoid damaging the club’s negotiations.  Must admit I am reassured by the letterhead though.

XferLeak.thumb.JPG.c7bf8ba93f0d743dbfb94acacff4a82d.JPG

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

Congerton hasn’t kicked the habit of leaving things lying around …

Sorry, cannot show more than a half page to avoid damaging the club’s negotiations.  Must admit I am reassured by the letterhead though.

XferLeak.thumb.JPG.c7bf8ba93f0d743dbfb94acacff4a82d.JPG

:D:appl: Brilliant.