Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Lee Congerton appointed Head of Recruitment

On 28/05/2019 at 22:11, Anglodanglo said:

Unfashionable misfit seeking career revival, he'll never fit in at Leicester. Strikes me as a non playing version of those freeloaders Albrighton, Simpson & Huth.

Doesn't deserve a chance, Brendan's head has clearly gone get him out now.

AND a pink kit. This club is a bloody shambles:mad::mad:

I blame Richie Wellens.

It's kind of worrying that our very own Mr Rudkin is the only person standing between Congerton and a Sunderland style demise in the transfer market! :sweating:

Luckily we are not in need of a complete rebuilding job and only need 2-3 quality editions to the first team, so surely he can't mess us up too bad... :dunno:

In all seriousness, surely he has learned from some of his many, many... many mistakes over the years! Just get us Tielemans and couple of other decent players in and don't mess us about Congerton! 

I'd held off coming in here, well, because it's summer and everyone has lost their heads....

Just to clarify:

- Are we all now mad at Lee for leaving documents lying around?

or

- Judging his potential signings for clearly penniless Celtic as an indication of how terrible a summer we are going to have? lol 

Because either way i'm stumped lol All I can see is a list of highly rated youngsters mixed in with some top quality Championship level (SPL level) players that fit with Celtics budget.

Do none of you lot have jobs where you look at your budget, and output, and think "**** me if this is what I can do with no money, imagine how good i'd be with loads!"

I'm not necessarily saying that will happen with Lee here, but i'm not sure how we can look at a list of potential cheap signings that would fill all the gaps Celtic have and be comparing it to our own situation.

We're not going to be signing Tommy Smith guys... chill the **** out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd held off coming in here, well, because it's summer and everyone has lost their heads....

Just to clarify:

or

- Judging his potential signings for clearly penniless Celtic as an indication of how terrible a summer we are going to have? lol 

Because either way i'm stumped lol All I can see is a list of highly rated youngsters mixed in with some top quality Championship level (SPL level) players that fit with Celtics budget.

Do none of you lot have jobs where you look at your budget, and output, and think "**** me if this is what I can do with no money, imagine how good i'd be with loads!"

I'm not necessarily saying that will happen with Lee here, but i'm not sure how we can look at a list of potential cheap signings that would fill all the gaps Celtic have and be comparing it to our own situation.

I think you've missed the point.  I think that on top of his serial failures at other clubs, losing his confidential list of targets is just more evidence of his hapless, Mr Bean-esque, craposity and another stick to beat him with of course.

It hardly inspires confidence though does it?

• Like 1

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Just to clarify:

or

65 days left. :frusty:

His leaving the notes was a school boy error.  I hope he is more careful from now on.

But we have hired him to identify and recruit players for us... not celtic.  Lets see how he does.

I have previously posted that i would prefer we build a technical support structure independent of the manager... but we are where we are.  Lets see how lee does in the next few windows.

Nb. I think retaining the players we want to keep is as vital as bringing in new ones... who is in charge of that?

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, Papasmurf said:

I imagine all staff at Celtic have been lined up for thumb inspection.

Back to the Re-education Camp for them all!:celebrate:

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

His leaving the notes was a school boy error.  I hope he is more careful from now on.

But we have hired him to identify and recruit players for us... not celtic.  Lets see how he does.

I have previously posted that i would prefer we build a technical support structure independent of the manager... but we are where we are.  Lets see how lee does in the next few windows.

Nb. I think retaining the players we want to keep is as vital as bringing in new ones... who is in charge of that?

If he was moving to a team in competition for any of those players then I’d say so. He may have left them for the benefit of his former employers. 

If we’re looking to sign anyone on there I’d be worried. The fact that he’s left it tells me we’re most likely not. 

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

The Birch and Filbert are in charge of player retention.  They have done an excellent job with Slimani and James.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The Birch and Filbert are in charge of player retention.  They have done an excellent job with Slimani and James.

Don't dis Filbert. :nigel: