Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nicolo Barella

Formations for next season

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Let's hope so. If Chilwell can become even a 7/10 in the final third, he will eclipse Maguire's transfer fee when someone eventually comes in for him

All this talk about our players transfers fees,has nothing to do with the clubs success or achievements.It doesnt excite me in the least and has no bearing

on any future success.  

If seems in every Single topic,we have posts harping on about possible Financial gains,proves how far we have come as a club.

Selling any of our assets,or even prudent knowledge in accepting presumed, every foregone conclusion what sums for Maguire,Chilwell ,Maddison etc

might be available,Shows we still having n't achieved anything ,other than getting higher Mark ups,than before for our players....

Its Not any comfort in winning,a selling-buying League in confrontations!!! I can do und Control that better if I go to the Local flea market!!

As a Fan its the on the pitch achievements that interest me....I have already been Witness to us struggling and going into Admin. That pain und Frustration I can &  will do without,Now my hobby,as a fan is seeing what the contracts players can achieve,playing wise and not their future transfer potential..!!!

There is no Financial solice...!!!

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

All this talk about our players transfers fees,has nothing to do with the clubs success or achievements.It doesnt excite me in the least and has no bearing

on any future success.  

If seems in every Single topic,we have posts harping on about possible Financial gains,proves how far we have come as a club.

Selling any of our assets,or even prudent knowledge in accepting presumed, every foregone conclusion what sums for Maguire,Chilwell ,Maddison etc

might be available,Shows we still having n't achieved anything ,other than getting higher Mark ups,than before for our players....

Its Not any comfort in winning,a selling-buying League in confrontations!!! I can do und Control that better if I go to the Local flea market!!

As a Fan its the on the pitch achievements that interest me....I have already been Witness to us struggling and going into Admin. That pain und Frustration I can &  will do without,Now my hobby,as a fan is seeing what the contracts players can achieve,playing wise and not their future transfer potential..!!!

I don't want to sell Chilwell, I'll want to sell him even less when he's worth more than Maguire. I'm just pointing out that when some club inevitably buys him, he'll be worth a ton of money

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't want to sell Chilwell, I'll want to sell him even less when he's worth more than Maguire. I'm just pointing out that when some club inevitably buys him, he'll be worth a ton of money

If wasnt a go at you,but more general....I just bounced Off your post..:sleep:

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

on any future success.  

Unfortunately it's now a fact of football life. Even the players of elite clubs are always for sale if the offer is right.

Like corporate sponsorship, VAR and stupid wages, it's sucking the soul from football.

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

on any future success.  

I don't understand this argument, it has everything to do with success.

We continue to progress on the pitch by playing the transfer market.  Selling Mahrez allowed us to get Maddison, Ricardo, Evans and some change.  Selling Maguire allowed us to buy Tielemans, Justin and Perez.   We have a better team and squad than we did a year ago because our players were in demand, we reinvest and we climb the ladder.   

13 hours ago, murphy said:

I don't understand this argument, it has everything to do with success.

We continue to progress on the pitch by playing the transfer market.  Selling Mahrez allowed us to get Maddison, Ricardo, Evans and some change.  Selling Maguire allowed us to buy Tielemans, Justin and Perez.   We have a better team and squad than we did a year ago because our players were in demand, we reinvest and we climb the ladder.   

I am just old fashioned...I prefer the footy..;)

I think until Tielemans is on the right wavelength, he should be dropped for Praet just to see what Praet can offer. Tielemans should still come good, but is obviously having some difficulty fitting into the side.

Imo Hamza/Praet instead of Ndidi/Tielemans should play against Spurs, because they in theory have the same level of toughness/physicality and should be able to pass their way through Spurs' midfield decently, better than what Ndidi and Tielemans have offered so far, which is respectively very little and nothing consistent. This could also allow Rodgers to try this much vaunted 4-3-1-2 with Maddison in midfield and Barnes as the 10, seeing as our only decent winger seems to be Albrighton I wouldn't be upset.

19 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think until Tielemans is on the right wavelength, he should be dropped for Praet just to see what Praet can offer. Tielemans should still come good, but is obviously having some difficulty fitting into the side.

Imo Hamza/Praet instead of Ndidi/Tielemans should play against Spurs, because they in theory have the same level of toughness/physicality and should be able to pass their way through Spurs' midfield decently, better than what Ndidi and Tielemans have offered so far, which is respectively very little and nothing consistent. This could also allow Rodgers to try this much vaunted 4-3-1-2 with Maddison in midfield and Barnes as the 10, seeing as our only decent winger seems to be Albrighton I wouldn't be upset.

I don't think Tielemans is on the right wavelength because BR is setting us up wrongly and it's destroying our creative players.

We need width, to stretch teams and pull them out of their shape. It then gives those pockets of space in which Tielemans and Maddison will thrive.

Ndidi or Choudhury, not both, unless you play Wilf in a back three and then use wing backs.

We also need Perez to play with, or just behind Vardy. He looks totally confused and lost, (as do Tielemans and Maddison) under this current negative and narrow system BR is using.

29 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I don't think Tielemans is on the right wavelength because BR is setting us up wrongly and it's destroying our creative players.

We need width, to stretch teams and pull them out of their shape. It then gives those pockets of space in which Tielemans and Maddison will thrive.

Ndidi or Choudhury, not both, unless you play Wilf in a back three and then use wing backs.

We also need Perez to play with, or just behind Vardy. He looks totally confused and lost, (as do Tielemans and Maddison) under this current negative and narrow system BR is using.

The problem is basically all our summer activity was setting us up for the 4-3-1-2, though (signing an attacking fullback backup, second striker, midfielder who got good in a 4-3-1-2, and getting rid of two wingers on loan), and we totally neglected getting a winger in favour of that. So now if we do go back to the 4-3-3, we'll have the same problem from last season, which is that our wingers are either not meant to be wingers (Maddison, Barnes) not exactly as stellar as the rest of the squad (Albrighton) or really awful (Gray). This means that we'll still be playing with an incomplete squad.

So how do we make the best of this? We have to try rectify the team's problems without "giving up". This means experimenting with different personal, in midfield and up front (god knows we can afford to, Perez, Praet, and Barnes are all serious quality and didn't start against Utd, they could start for any team outside the Top 6). So that's why I would like to see Brendan try out a 4-3-1-2 before going back to what we know "works", but has flaws. 

I do miss that chemistry Vardy, Maddison, and Tielemans had however.

Still, look at this:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Hamza Maddison

Barnes

Vardy Perez

It's worth a shot, isn't it? Hamza sits between the centrebacks which he proved he can ably do vs Sheffield Utd, Chilwell and Ricardo can bomb forward stretching teams, it all looks like it can fit together. When we eventually get Tielemans adapted to this formation as well, we can start Tielemans in midfield and put Maddison in the 10. No more square pegs in round holes. I'd like that before sacrificing one of our mids for Albrighton and shuttling through a mediocre winger in the other position, continually trying to find a good answer to the solution to our winger problem when in our hearts we know it lies in a transfer window.

However, all I really want to see is an improvement from yesterday. I don't care what it is, but yesterday's placid, dreary football will never get us anywhere. This was just an idea as to how to get out of there.