Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Chelsea Away Post-Match thread

On 18/08/2019 at 20:30, urban.spaceman said:

Wasn’t able to watch the game as I was being driven back to Toruń from Gdańsk and could only listen to 5 Live in and out of signal. We sounded excellent in the second half. 

Were we? 

How was Praet?

What were you doing in Toruń mate? My wife is from Toruń. The old town has some stunning buildings. 

On 20/08/2019 at 20:51, stix said:

What were you doing in Toruń mate? My wife is from Toruń. The old town has some stunning buildings. 

Hey Stix - my sister married a Pole back in March so we’ve all come over to have a Polish celebration with his family and have been exploring Poland. Amazing place!

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Hey Stix - my sister married a Pole back in March so we’ve all come over to have a Polish celebration with his family and have been exploring Poland. Amazing place!

Good stuff. How long have you been over there? And how is your liver holding up!? It’s mostly a blur every time the in-laws come over here. I once caught the father in law going to the kitchen at 7am for a breakfast Vodka. Drinks it like water!!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, stix said:

Good stuff. How long have you been over there? And how is your liver holding up!? It’s mostly a blur every time the in-laws come over here. I once caught the father in law going to the kitchen at 7am for a breakfast Vodka. Drinks it like water!!

They had 24 bottles left over from the big night probably because I fell over and was out of action for a couple of hours! They gave us a few for the journey - basically what we can carry - and we've been using it to recover after every day of exploring. Been to Gdansk, Warsaw and now in Krawkow - walked about 50km in 5 days so it's ****ing well needed afterwards!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They had 24 bottles left over from the big night probably because I fell over and was out of action for a couple of hours! They gave us a few for the journey - basically what we can carry - and we've been using it to recover after every day of exploring. Been to Gdansk, Warsaw and now in Krawkow - walked about 50km in 5 days so it's ****ing well needed afterwards!

My sister in law is living in Gdańsk at the minute. Apparently quite popular with Brits as a holiday destination, or it was. She’s loving it there. It’s certainly a site that is permanently ingrained into my mind seeing the old man shuffling back to bed with what looked like a 250ml glass of voddy  in his vest and grundies 😂 

Edited by stix
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, stix said:

My sister in law is living in Gdańsk at the minute. Apparently quite popular with Brits as a holiday destination, or it was. She’s loving it there. It’s certainly a site that is permanently ingrained into my mind seeing the old man shuffling back to bed with what looked like a 250ml glass of voddy  in his vest and grundies 😂 

Gdansk is decent in the summer!

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

If you guys happen to come back to Warsaw again give me a shout (PM), drinking vodka for the whole stay may get tad boring so if I'm around we could go for a little pub crawl. I know where they serve the best craft beer. After a Polish wedding/celebration etc your liver would be thankful ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stix said:

Went to the Museum of Solidarity - 100% worth it. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Gdansk is decent in the summer!

Gdansk was stunning but be careful when taking panoramas - if you put your subject in the foreground (like my travelling companion Mohammed), it may lead to disappointments in the background.

18FA38BC-8DEC-4121-943A-EC04147EAE92.thumb.jpeg.a9ae1b6e584b8b6da3a50af5ae081722.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 20/08/2019 at 07:36, Shane said:

I think its worth trying the diamond with Tielemans, Ndidi, Praet & Maddison. Praet could be the missing link.

If that doesn’t work out what about a system similar to Wolves 3-5-2?

Schmeichel

Benkovic, Evans, Soyuncu

Pereira, Youri, Ndidi, Maddison, Chilwell

Vardy, Perez

Allows Youri, Maddison and Perez to play centrally.

I agree although I would like to see Amartey being given a chance on the right side of a back three