Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Chelsea Away Post-Match thread

3 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

I think love has blinded you.

A wise man once said “It’s better to be blinded by love  HC.JPG.df2786d2fd44790c61868fdd96ebfb3f.JPG  than hate  RM3.JPG.ccf3bd140234dfa644f9de9931c21715.JPG   ... one forgives and the other refuses."

Unfortunately either way, you can’t see what’s in front of you.  :P

This Chelsea cannot be compared to the Chelsea of past years, many established or important players gone (Hazard most of all, but also Luiz, Higuain back at Juventus), then had to field a bit of a makeshift back four, with Azpilicueta at right-back and Emerson getting the nod ahead of Marcos Alonso, which came as a bit of a surprise to me.

Stamford Bridge is no lucky hunting ground in general for Leicester, and the first few minutes indicated at a terrible evening away from home. We were sluggish, complacent and gave the hosts too much space and time to handle the ball. There was enormous pressure, pressure which we could not sustain, ultimately conceding the first goal after a sloppy mistake by Ndidi.

We were found out too often on the flanks, with no winger on the pitch. Pulisic and Pedro ran havoc on either side, and Chelsea unlucky not to be further ahead.

Once again, Ndidi to me showed his two faces: Great at winning the ball, poor at distributing and releasing it. His impressive defensive stats are to a large part down to him having to compensate for his own attacking mistakes. He loses the ball way too often still. He finally needs to work on that, or else he'll stagnate.

Our attacking midfielders and Vardy never got going in the first half, the major force going forward was our right-back. Without Ricardo Pereira, we would've been stuck in our own half for all the first 45 minutes. It was disappointing to see all that talent on the pitch unable to string two passes together. There was this distinct lack of communication and failure to establish any kind of a coherent game plan. We looked bereft of ideas.

As the game progressed, we started to find into it.

Second half was a reveleation, almost a 180-degree turn. We were much sharper, more direct, effective, willing to go the whole nine yards. Fighting spirit and precision made a comeback, and Chelsea had less and less of the ball.

Some of the combinations were simply beautiful to watch, slick moves.

I am happy for Ndidi that he managed to make up for his earlier mishap. It was a great, powerful and beautiful header. Almost perfect in all aspects.

Still, this shouldn't cover over the still-existing cracks. We have to make our attacking midfielders and Vardy count and convert our chances. Play it more direct faster, establish a better and more efficient link-up play. Feed Vardy. And we do look a bit lightweight on the whole.

As I said after the Wolves game, there's a new system in place with Brendan Rodgers and it does look promising in parts. Just have to work a bit more on it, smoothen out the rough edges, and find another attacking outlet besides Vardy, and we're good to go. It's an ongoing evolution. 

Liked what I saw of Praet, adds more punch going forward.

Another positive fact: We're still unbeaten, pre-season included. :thumbup:

Be vigilant against the Blades on Saturday, play like we did in the second half against Chelsea and we should prevail.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

This Chelsea cannot be compared to the Chelsea of past years, many established or important players gone (Hazard most of all, but also Luiz, Higuain back at Juventus), then had to field a bit of a makeshift back four, with Azpilicueta at right-back and Emerson getting the nod ahead of Marcos Alonso, which came as a bit of a surprise to me.

Stamford Bridge is no lucky hunting ground in general for Leicester, and the first few minutes indicated at a terrible evening away from home. We were sluggish, complacent and gave the hosts too much space and time to handle the ball. There was enormous pressure, pressure which we could not sustain, ultimately conceding the first goal after a sloppy mistake by Ndidi.

We were found out too often on the flanks, with no winger on the pitch. Pulisic and Pedro ran havoc on either side, and Chelsea unlucky not to be further ahead.

Once again, Ndidi to me showed his two faces: Great at winning the ball, poor at distributing and releasing it. His impressive defensive stats are to a large part down to him having to compensate for his own attacking mistakes. He loses the ball way too often still. He finally needs to work on that, or else he'll stagnate.

Our attacking midfielders and Vardy never got going in the first half, the major force going forward was our right-back. Without Ricardo Pereira, we would've been stuck in our own half for all the first 45 minutes. It was disappointing to see all that talent on the pitch unable to string two passes together. There was this distinct lack of communication and failure to establish any kind of a coherent game plan. We looked bereft of ideas.

As the game progressed, we started to find into it.

Second half was a reveleation, almost a 180-degree turn. We were much sharper, more direct, effective, willing to go the whole nine yards. Fighting spirit and precision made a comeback, and Chelsea had less and less of the ball.

Some of the combinations were simply beautiful to watch, slick moves.

I am happy for Ndidi that he managed to make up for his earlier mishap. It was a great, powerful and beautiful header. Almost perfect in all aspects.

Still, this shouldn't cover over the still-existing cracks. We have to make our attacking midfielders and Vardy count and convert our chances. Play it more direct faster, establish a better and more efficient link-up play. Feed Vardy. And we do look a bit lightweight on the whole.

As I said after the Wolves game, there's a new system in place with Brendan Rodgers and it does look promising in parts. Just have to work a bit more on it, smoothen out the rough edges, and find another attacking outlet besides Vardy, and we're good to go. It's an ongoing evolution. 

Liked what I saw of Praet, adds more punch going forward.

Another positive fact: We're still unbeaten, pre-season included. :thumbup:

Be vigilant against the Blades on Saturday, play like we did in the second half against Chelsea and we should prevail.

3 seasons on the spin unbeaten now and arguably could and should have won all 3, was always a horrible place for us to come as well. Next gaff to turn around recent results around is Old Trafford, Soyuncu winner.

Having watched the first half twice I think it wasn’t as bad as it appeared first time around. After the first 15 mins (admittedly very bad), I think we pretty much held our own and went on to a quite impressive second half.

Really glad we didn’t pay out for any of the Maguire replacements that were mooted. Soyuncu looks great, plenty of strength & pace, and confident with the ball, in some ways an upgrade. I’m sure he’ll make a few mistakes, maybe have the odd bad match, but so did Harry.

Really feel as if the season has properly started with that second half as the team looked like they started to gel and get up to speed. Dreams still back on.

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Nah, the first half was every bit as bad and worse.  Just like last week.  That lineup simply doesn't work, plain and simple.  Perez isn't the problem - it's the combination of no creativity deep in MF and no width that's the problem.

Naaahh !! I am with @Pliskin on this.  And no it wasnt bad or poor....!!! The line-up did start to Work before the subs. Plain and simple!!!

No width???  But we went down the Flanks with Periera & Fuchs,Plus Chilwell the week before....

I reckon posters make up things.....!!

Ahh well opinions hey!!! , do get in the way of Facts and even good banter.  I liked both games,but I dont Let silly Plastic  expectations get in my way.

I tend to see the team/squad/Club as it really is,and not let my Frustration of over ambitious ambitions get in the way....

The team/Squad still need to grow and develope into that potential we "hope" it can realise!! 

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry but any Profi Team and squad should be able to Play 2 games a week..!! 

This is Chelsea,not a Championship side...& at home!!! Oh !!!and a bigger spread of squad quality than us..

You're from the east-midlands and havent yet escaped the Bludgery of first Think negative, 2nd drudgery of having a good whine,und 3 carry on stickimg your boot in..!!

I was The same,then found freedom...its so far more  relaxing,being cautious but positive...:trumpet:

Don't know if you are having a pop but I actually found that really funny. Used to be from East Midlands long time ago. Suppose some things never change lol

Newboy - ready to be slated.  What doesn't Maddison understand about releasing Vardy asap?  Maddison is a good player but seems to want personal glory over the quick, first time pass that would release JV.  It's almost like he has to consider whats-in-it-for-me rather than just playing the pass for someone else to get in behind.

57 minutes ago, banjobill said:

Newboy - ready to be slated.  What doesn't Maddison understand about releasing Vardy asap?  Maddison is a good player but seems to want personal glory over the quick, first time pass that would release JV.  It's almost like he has to consider whats-in-it-for-me rather than just playing the pass for someone else to get in behind.

I would say,if your in the box,you shoot just like Vardy does...( Not squaring to Perez,but I aint the One complaining)...We have missed converting,by doing both.

I Think its Splitting hairs,and fans contradicting themselves over a season...pass/shoot..shit!!!  Blame- modus!!!!  Just Like dueling-banjos..

Welcome ....:)

Edited by fuchsntf

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Why are people criticising Pérez after two games? Neither of which we’ve lost 

Two games...

Understand the criticism as he's not hugely been involved and sometimes has been stood around when he potentially should be closing down.

I honestly think he was always gonna be in for a tough start being compared to the work rate of Albrighton. 

Hopefully he begins to bed in and we see more of him in the next few games 

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

3 seasons on the spin unbeaten now and arguably could and should have won all 3, was always a horrible place for us to come as well. Next gaff to turn around recent results around is Old Trafford, Soyuncu winner.

When we win at Arsenal  we will have cracked it I might be wrong but no  where else compares we even lost twice when winning league although home record much better

• Like 1

21 hours ago, banjobill said:

Not just Maddison. There were at least three times that Vardy was screaming for it, pointing to where he wanted it playing but hesitation by the player on the ball either allowed the final ball to be cut out or played too late with the result that Vardy was then offside. If we can just release the ball a fraction quicker I am sure that we will see JV being put in behind on a regular basis. There was more than one occasion where he was almost put in and on another day could have been and bagged a couple. It is fine margins and an outstretched toe by a defender or a fraction of a second delay in releasing the final pass can be the difference between a great ball and a missed opportunity.

Those that say Vardy was anonymous, isolated or had a poor game were not watching the same match as me. he was constantly on the move, chasing down, pressing and making runs.   In my opinion Vardy does not always get the credit he deserves for his all round game and role in helping to spur others on (his applause of Maddison after his miss, the arm around Wilf when he scored etc).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

It also captures Ndidi cupping his ear to our own fans?!

Did we find out why he did this, because it would normally be the reaction to having had some (to him) unnecessary earache earlier on?

Don't think so, it was a similar celebration to the one after his stunner against Stoke a couple of years ago.

leicester_citys_wilfred_ndidi_celebrates

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 22:53, dorsetboy said:

I said when we signed perez hes no better than barnes who could play across the 3 behind vardy.

Last two games im afraid perez has proved my point so far.

I'm glad you believe in giving players a chance and make your judgements based on 2 games,  a reasonable sample size of games.

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We've stifled Perez by pushing him out wide. Same with Maddison. But my worry was we've signed so many central players. 

I think its worth trying the diamond with Tielemans, Ndidi, Praet & Maddison. Praet could be the missing link.

If that doesn’t work out what about a system similar to Wolves 3-5-2?

Schmeichel

Benkovic, Evans, Soyuncu

Pereira, Youri, Ndidi, Maddison, Chilwell

Vardy, Perez

Allows Youri, Maddison and Perez to play centrally.

• Like 2