Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Wade is shit. He's a classic example of a player that's successful against weak defences in a domestic premiership but useless making the step up to international. Like Danny Cipriani. 

It's not about size either, look at Tom Varndell, one of the top scoring premiership try scorers of all time, nowhere near good enough got England. 

Or conversely, Shane Williams, Cheslin Kolbe, Leigh Halfpenny, all world class. 

Wade just offers nothing at test level. 

He's certainly isn't shit. I'd say he's a liability defensively but you should try defending him 😂

3 minutes ago, srex9 said:

He's certainly isn't shit. I'd say he's a liability defensively but you should try defending him 😂

I use "shit" a lot tbf, it's usually hyperbole. Or at very least, intended relatively to the context. 

He's not shit generally, obviously, like I said, he's a very good premiership player. 

He's just shit at test level. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I use "shit" a lot tbf, it's usually hyperbole. Or at very least, intended relatively to the context. 

He's not shit generally, obviously, like I said, he's a very good premiership player. 

He's just shit at test level. 

Agreed. I still think he'd score tries for England but would be ineffective against a resolute defence, especially on the back foot. Doesn't have the intelligence of a Shame Williams. 

I do however think Cipriani would have been world class if it weren't for that injury early in his career. He was England's answer to losing Wilkinson and I remember him tearing Ireland a new one at Twickenham. Wasted talent, mostly his own doing. 

Edited by srex9

Danny Cipriani is bang average. 

There's a reason Quade Cooper doesn't get in the Australia team, there's a reason Finn Russell is miles away from a Lions test start and there's the same reason Cipriani will never be first choice for England. 

Who cares if you can throw a ridiculous behind the back offload or a no look double pump flat long pass? They're irrelevant if you can't manage a game. 

When did you ever see Dan Carter or Johnny Wilkinson showboating? Literally nobody wants an unpredictable maverick playing as a test fly half. Even Beaudy sticks to the basics at ten, he adds his running threat sure but he's not throwing silly Hollywood tricks just to add to his own personal highlight reel. 

Faz starts for England and the dominant club siide of English rugby for a reason. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...