Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

If anyone needed reminding how good Jamie vardy is

Guest bss9401

After th 5-3 vs Man u, opposition priorities would have been how to stop Vardy.

They still ask but have still not worked it out. 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Even amongst a very likeable team it's only Vardy and Barnes that I'm really willing on to score in games. Obviously I want us to score loads and win comfortably obviously but it's those two I have the most affinity for 

Right. Every time he scores I want to burst with happiness. 

33 minutes ago, tylesta said:

I remember him saying that he was scared to use his left foot but was encouraged to do so more by pearson and co

I distinctly remember him refusing to shoot with his left foot at Sheffield Wednesday one year, now he's our biggest ever legend

Guest Eamonn
4 hours ago, Sammy said:

I distinctly remember him refusing to shoot with his left foot at Sheffield Wednesday one year, now he's our biggest ever legend

Underlines what a legend he is...not afraid to learn...prepared to take a punt...and he just keeps on getting better

8 hours ago, shailen said:

Have to admit I thought he'd struggle playing this possession based game, but the way he has adapted is phenomenal. Think there was a stat that he had 10 touches on Sunday and two of them were goals.

He doesn't get involved much in the build up play but occupies at least two central defenders and this creates space for our creative players to flourish. He no longer that player that we pump it in behind to but that option strikes fear into the oppositions defence.

Remember an interview he did last season saying that Puel's system meant that the manager had asked him to try and adapt his game. At the time I think a lot of people took that as a disguised dig  as it seemed he was being isolated a lot and was unhappy about it, but, knowing Vardy's willingness to learn and improve he was obviously taking it on board. The difference now is that he is actually getting the service to put it into practice.  This is all good for the longer term as, although showing no signs at present, eventually he will slow down and I have confidence that he will still find goals in other ways

• Like 1

9 hours ago, urban fox said:

Remember an interview he did last season saying that Puel's system meant that the manager had asked him to try and adapt his game. At the time I think a lot of people took that as a disguised dig  as it seemed he was being isolated a lot and was unhappy about it, but, knowing Vardy's willingness to learn and improve he was obviously taking it on board. The difference now is that he is actually getting the service to put it into practice.  This is all good for the longer term as, although showing no signs at present, eventually he will slow down and I have confidence that he will still find goals in other ways

Exactly this. The way he has adapted from being a full throttle, aggressive striker chasing everything in behind to a composed finisher who knows when to press and when not to is phenomenal and this game management will definitely prolong his career.