Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

If anyone needed reminding how good Jamie vardy is

52 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It's becoming apparent that he is still at the peak of his powers. This run has proved yet again he is one of the top strikers in the PL, and therefore probably in the top dozen strikers on the planet.

We all know this, but according to EA Lacazette is 4 ovr better than him on the new FIFA game. Vardy is, and possibly always has been underrated by those outside Leicester

• Like 2

Mistreated by England, or just bad timing, I can’t make it out. I’d go for the former as I think if Kane got a season ending injury now we’d go with Rashford up front which is a disgrace to both Vardy and Wilson! 

He said he’d reconsider the retirement if England “needed” him... Kane’s flappy ankle looked in bad nick again this weekend! 

Scoring a a winner in Euro 2020 at Wembley is the ending to the Vardy Movie for sure though 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't, I repeat wouldn't swap him for a single other centre forward in the whole world. In fact bar Lionel Messi I'd not swap him for a single other player in world football. There I said it, he's the greatest story ever told.

Spot on.

I must add that his reading of the game gets better and better too. It's not just about goals and his high energy pressing game. A few times yesterday his intelligent running created space and opportunities for others. It's a part of his game that has improved so much. Just look how his run pulled defenders out for Ricardo's goal. And his gesture to Barnes in the first minute, knowing he was offside, not to pass to him, which created a huge chance for Perez.

And so glad he gave England up too. England had no idea of how good he is and how wasted he was there. It'll probably prolong his career by two of three years.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Mistreated by England, or just bad timing, I can’t make it out. I’d go for the former as I think if Kane got a season ending injury now we’d go with Rashford up front which is a disgrace to both Vardy and Wilson! 

He said he’d reconsider the retirement if England “needed” him... Kane’s flappy ankle looked in bad nick again this weekend! 

Scoring a a winner in Euro 2020 at Wembley is the ending to the Vardy Movie for sure though 😂 

Kane is a really good striker but vardy has qualities no other striker has in the world. Pace, aggression, great movement and one of the best finishing abilities in the world. England should seriously consider getting both in the team with Kane playing a deeper role, almost as an attacking mid, with vardy playing on the shoulder of the last defender. This would also get the best of Kane as well imo. All hypothetical of course with Vardy having retired. 

Approaching to overtake Lochhead's club record of 114 career goals for LCFC (two more goals needed), 15 goals more needed to enter the 100-goals club in the Premier League.

Guy's a gem. Just like a Duracell bunny, he never stops. Despite him already being 32, he's got at least two to three more PL seasons in him.

Here's to 20+ goals this season. :fc: And possibly reaching fourth-best club goalscorer of all times.

Massive.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Definitely mistreated. When we played at Euro 16 we had two strikers who had scored 15+ in the league but only one got a look in. Kane is a deadly finisher, I'll give him that, but England should play with two up front. Same thing happens to Wilson now - bench and he comes on if he's lucky.

3 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

He's as good off the ball  as on it.

He chases down, and makes runs that open up  space for others to go into.

I was just about to say, I watched him a lot yesterday and his desire off the ball is unreal. I don't just mean him chasing people down, but the desire to win and to drag all the others up to his level. There was an innocuous throw in to Newcastle second half, we're already 4-0 up and he was constantly on the move making sure his man was picked up, telling others to move and close down the space so they didn't get an easy throw in. He was like that about absolutely everything, he's matured so much over the years. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I was just about to say, I watched him a lot yesterday and his desire off the ball is unreal. I don't just mean him chasing people down, but the desire to win and to drag all the others up to his level. There was an innocuous throw in to Newcastle second half, we're already 4-0 up and he was constantly on the move making sure his man was picked up, telling others to move and close down the space so they didn't get an easy throw in. He was like that about absolutely everything, he's matured so much over the years. 

I think having so many young players around him has given him the opportunity to be a leader and an example. You hear a lot about him doing banter and messing around but so many players have mentioned his desire and will to succeed. He strikes me as a deadly serious professional.

• Like 3