Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

If anyone needed reminding how good Jamie vardy is

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

he's matured so much over the years. 

As far as I can tell he's knocked off the laddish banter routine of port and red bulls etc, seems like he's looking after himself better now too which is brilliant for us. Hopefully him being more professional and having started the rigours of professional football later at 25ish hopefully means he can play at the same level he is now for years to come.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

As far as I can tell he's knocked off the laddish banter routine of port and red bulls etc, seems like he's looking after himself better now too which is brilliant for us. Hopefully him being more professional and having started the rigours of professional football later at 25ish hopefully means he can play at the same level he is now for years to come.

I hope so because a grown man may cry when he leaves. 

Guest BlueBrett
19 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

This popped up on YouTube last week. 

From uncut diamond to bonafide 24 carat, port swigging, arsenal snubbing, title winning LEGEND...  all in 12 minutes:scarf:

He's bagged so many against Liverpool....

I reckon he will reach the 100 premier league goals mark this season which will be phenomenal.

There was talk recently of Southgate asking him to reconsider coming out of England retirement. But if I am in Vardy’s shoes I would turn him down. 

On 30/09/2019 at 14:41, Corky said:

Does he have a weaker foot? His left seems pretty effective and he doesn't look awkward when striking with it.

Not too bad with his head either! Absolutely class act.

Love everything about him as a player tbh.

Guest Eamonn
On 29/09/2019 at 21:14, shailen said:

And he was playing out wide for a lot of the first season back in the premier league under Pearson. Absolutely incredible.

Hope we're making a similar comment about Perez in a couple of years.

On 30/09/2019 at 13:01, Stadt said:

He doesn't seem the type of player who needs to look himself to the degree others might.

He just seems blessed with natural fitness and ridiculously high metabolism.

You'll see him walking about in his 60s stick thin looking like he'd do a job for a none league team still. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

He doesn't seem the type of player who needs to look himself to the degree others might.

He just seems blessed with natural fitness and ridiculously high metabolism.

You'll see him walking about in his 60s stick thin looking like he'd do a job for a none league team still. 

Currently looks like he’ll still be playing for us at 60. Bloke is a diamond. 

On 01/10/2019 at 19:02, RumbleFox said:

Our greatest ever player. I'll fight anyone who disagrees. X 

This. 

All sorts of debate to be had about 'best' or 'most techinically gifted' etc - but overall greatest? Vardy hands down. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

Have to admit I thought he'd struggle playing this possession based game, but the way he has adapted is phenomenal. Think there was a stat that he had 10 touches on Sunday and two of them were goals.

He doesn't get involved much in the build up play but occupies at least two central defenders and this creates space for our creative players to flourish. He no longer that player that we pump it in behind to but that option strikes fear into the oppositions defence.

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

In a team of players I like very much, Vardy is still the guy I want to see the most. 

Even amongst a very likeable team it's only Vardy and Barnes that I'm really willing on to score in games. Obviously I want us to score loads and win comfortably obviously but it's those two I have the most affinity for 

Edited by Stadt

On 30/09/2019 at 14:41, Corky said:

Does he have a weaker foot? His left seems pretty effective and he doesn't look awkward when striking with it.

I remember him saying that he was scared to use his left foot but was encouraged to do so more by pearson and co