Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KrefelderFox666

Aston Villa (A) Sunday 8th December 14:00

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I believe Witton is the station to use for Villa Park. Normally there ar regular trains from New Street to Witton but not sure how regularly on a Sunday.

Get the train from New St to Witton or Aston, both walkable to the ground. Witton closest to the away end.

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Looks like only two trains an hour from New Street to Witton - at 45 and 57 past the hour respectively.

Yeh. The 13:44 unless delayed gives you enough time to get in the ground.

Head of Steam is a decent boozer pre-match. Lots of beer options, 3 mins from new st and expect it will be quite lively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh. The 13:44 unless delayed gives you enough time to get in the ground.

Head of Steam is a decent boozer pre-match. Lots of beer options, 3 mins from new st and expect it will be quite lively.

16 minutes to get from new street to witton and then walk to the away end is enough?

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Any decent pubs near Villa Park or is Birmingham Centre the better bet?

Think I'll probably end up in Witton Arms if anywhere. Don't know if it's any good though lol Last time I went somewhere but can't remember the name, plus it seemed like ages away.

I'm not on train so won't be touching City Centre but they'll be plenty (probably better) round New St.

Edited by Fox92

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Think I'll probably end up in Witton Arms if anywhere. Don't know if it's any good though lol Last time I went somewhere but can't remember the name, plus it seemed like ages away.

I'm not on train so won't be touching City Centre but they'll be plenty (probably better) round New St.

I’m getting a lift in but going early enough to be able to have a beer in the centre first but all depends on traffic.

On 06/12/2019 at 10:28, Voll Blau said:

Looks like only two trains an hour from New Street to Witton - at 45 and 57 past the hour respectively.

Don't forget there are usually a couple of "football specials" from Birmingham New Street to Witton (and back after the match).

I think these leave Birmingham New Street at 12.53 (arr Witton 13.05) and 13.28 (arr Witton 13.40) ... well that's what a network rail website claims anyway.

And there are a couple back after the match eg one should leave 16.09 (arr Brum New St 16.18)