Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KrefelderFox666

Aston Villa (A) Sunday 8th December 14:00

19 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

I've got one thanks to the ballot. And I'm going 😁 But it's infuriating when you don't get one and you know, for sure, folks are buying them for the points and selling on. Not only does it stop you going to games - it stops folks getting higher up the points ladder themselves. Lose lose 😱

It’s been that way for years stop moaning. How would you do it then? It’s fair why should the fans that have had a season ticket years, who have been going home and away be in the same category as a member? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Burtonfox1 said:

It’s been that way for years stop moaning. How would you do it then? It’s fair why should the fans that have had a season ticket years, who have been going home and away be in the same category as a member? 

The re-selling of tickets to maintain a priority status is one level down from ticket touting and should be outlawed.

• Like 2

On 02/11/2019 at 13:44, Burtonfox1 said:

This has nowt to do with putting STH in the same category as members. STH should always come first. We're talking about the minority of STH who don't actually go to away games but buy a ticket anyway just to sell on; purely for the points. 

It's easy really - the club should allow folks to trade tickets back in if they can't go. Genuine people would do that. If that was done, the ticket could then be sold to another fan based on priority points (probably another STH, maybe a member) instead of some random who is neither. And apparently it is illegal https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2018/may/25/secondary-ticketing-how-it-works-law-pitfalls-and-future-concert-football

Until the club sorts this then obviously folks have to sell tickets when they have a change of plan. No one objects to that. It's the systematic abuse of the points system that is the problem. 

Edited by Sean2000
Typo

7 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

This has nowt to do with putting STH in the same category as members. STH should always come first. We're talking about the minority of STH who don't actually go to away games but buy a ticket anyway just to sell on; purely for the points. 

It's easy really - the club should allow folks to trade tickets back in if they can't go. Genuine people would do that. If that was done, the ticket could then be sold to another fan based on priority points (probably another STH, maybe a member) instead of some random who is neither. And apparently it is illegal https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2018/may/25/secondary-ticketing-how-it-works-law-pitfalls-and-future-concert-football

Until the club sorts this then obviously folks have to sell tickets when they have a change of plan. No one objects to that. It's the systematic abuse of the points system that is the problem. 

Thanks for that, genuinely didn’t know it was legal or not. My issue is with the fans that have all of a sudden jumped on the bandwagon since winning the league. These are the ones who seem to be moaning the most, can’t get a season ticket but think there membership should give them the same right. Where we’re they when we was in league 1? Can’t support us when we are shit, don’t support us when we are good. And certainly don’t moan about it. 

51 minutes ago, Burtonfox1 said:

Thanks for that, genuinely didn’t know it was legal or not. My issue is with the fans that have all of a sudden jumped on the bandwagon since winning the league. These are the ones who seem to be moaning the most, can’t get a season ticket but think there membership should give them the same right. Where we’re they when we was in league 1? Can’t support us when we are shit, don’t support us when we are good. And certainly don’t moan about it. 

Can't speak for anyone else but I've supported us for 40 years (first game Millwall, 1979) and seen us at more than 75 football league grounds. I've seen us ship six at Ayresome Park, have a game at Brighton postponed after I've already got there, been to Yeovil in midweek, seen us lose at Blundell Park. But I've seen the good times too - winning at Anfield, more games at Wembley than I would ever have dreamed possible, UEFA Cup games in Vienna and Madrid...oh, and winning the league. If only they did lifetime points.... 😁

I don't live in Leicester anymore, and home games are a five hour round trip. But I still get to half of the games home and away. So believe me when I say that seeing folks buy tickets purely to sell them and gain points is just a bit annoying when it means I sometimes can't get a ticket. When everyone wants to go (like Sheff Utd) that's fair enough. But when people are flogging tickets before they even go on sale...🤯

But like I said, the club is the only one who can solve this. Other clubs do so let's hope they do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

Can't speak for anyone else but I've supported us for 40 years (first game Millwall, 1979) and seen us at more than 75 football league grounds. I've seen us ship six at Ayresome Park, have a game at Brighton postponed after I've already got there, been to Yeovil in midweek, seen us lose at Blundell Park. But I've seen the good times too - winning at Anfield, more games at Wembley than I would ever have dreamed possible, UEFA Cup games in Vienna and Madrid...oh, and winning the league. If only they did lifetime points.... 😁

I don't live in Leicester anymore, and home games are a five hour round trip. But I still get to half of the games home and away. So believe me when I say that seeing folks buy tickets purely to sell them and gain points is just a bit annoying when it means I sometimes can't get a ticket. When everyone wants to go (like Sheff Utd) that's fair enough. But when people are flogging tickets before they even go on sale...🤯

But like I said, the club is the only one who can solve this. Other clubs do so let's hope they do.

I’m not just in about you I’m on about fans in general. You say about Sheffield Utd but it’s the same for villa, local game, not played them in years. A lot of people will be wanting to go and so far haven’t seen one ticket come up for sale 

On 04/11/2019 at 08:28, Burtonfox1 said:

I’m not just in about you I’m on about fans in general. You say about Sheffield Utd but it’s the same for villa, local game, not played them in years. A lot of people will be wanting to go and so far haven’t seen one ticket come up for sale 

Very true, not one villa ticket or sheffield ticket have I seen been resold.

On 02/11/2019 at 13:44, Burtonfox1 said:

Maybe there should be an app or something where you scan / register your ticket after the date of the game which registers a point against your sth / membership number. Can’t really think of another way of doing it and even this bit would be a bit of a faff because there would be need to maintain and support it.

On 04/11/2019 at 07:04, Burtonfox1 said:

You will get more people interested, when we are doing well, just remember,  these are the people that will be filling the seats, when away fans don't sell out allocations out at Leicester and when the ground capacity goes up

On 04/11/2019 at 07:04, Burtonfox1 said:

So st holders have supported the club for years through thick and thin, and non st holders only started to support

the club after we won the league? Ok

• Like 2