Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rodgers makes Demarai Gray prediction after development standstill

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Is he going to get it better than he has it here though? Say he makes 30 apps this year in the league and the Cups for a team that is pressing for Champions league, is he going to get that elsewhere? Either he'll go to an Everton/West Ham type where he'll get similar game time but not be pressing for Europe, if he'll go to a duffer like Palace and be playing regular but fighting relegation for the rest of his career. 

Yep. im thinking a palace/brighton type regular starter.

Would be a really interesting decision to have to make. :)

19 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m hoping all our players will recognise there’s something special happening here and will want to remain part of what could be a fantastic time for the club. 🦊

We play 3 Premier League games the last week of December. I can't see Gray not starting at least one. It will be interesting to see how he handles it.

• Like 2

To be honest I'd given up a long time ago on Gray and while I'm still not totally sold, there is no doubt that he's shown a lot more lately - and Rodgers has effectively made him up his game by dropping him initially. This is why I always used to have a bit of a gripe with everyone saying Puel developed players well - he gave them gametime no doubt, but did he really develop them? A lot of the time they stood still and kept making the same errors they had time before they'd gotten their debut.

Gray's playing more selflessly. Rodgers seems to have really gotten that into his head in recent games.

It's positive stuff all round. What a job Rodgers is doing.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

To be honest I'd given up a long time ago on Gray and while I'm still not totally sold, there is no doubt that he's shown a lot more lately - and Rodgers has effectively made him up his game by dropping him initially. This is why I always used to have a bit of a gripe with everyone saying Puel developed players well - he gave them gametime no doubt, but did he really develop them? A lot of the time they stood still and kept making the same errors they had time before they'd gotten their debut.

Gray's playing more selflessly. Rodgers seems to have really gotten that into his head in recent games.

It's positive stuff all round. What a job Rodgers is doing.

Although I think it works with a lot of youngsters, Gray seemed to need more help than just playing him and he's reacted excellently so far. He's still not shooting so well but his other contributions are excellent and game changing. I'm excited to see his further development.