Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rodgers makes Demarai Gray prediction after development standstill

Rodgers' man management has been spoken highly of, even by Steven Gerrard who I read considered him the best man manager (which is amazing given he's had the likes of Rafa managing him).

I heard Rodgers speak about Gray post Arsenal game and he talked about it well, stating he'd been dropped.

And now Gray has come back and looked good off the bench. I think he's pushing for a start now.

Sounds like Rodgers is handling this well - and Gray does seem to have made a step up in his performances recently.

Admittedly, he's flattered to deceive in the past, doing good things & then making bad decisions or performing inconsistently.

But I'd be cautiously optimistic that Brendan has got a handle on him and will be able to keep helping him improve his game & decision-making.

Gray can't be far off starting a few games now - maybe 1 or 2 over Christmas (but perhaps not Liverpool)?

Issuing public statements like this is part of the improvement/motivation process, I'd say.

• Thanks 1

He's had a lot of criticism over the years - some of it deserved, some perhaps not - but we all want him to succeed here and reach his full potential. 

He's been absolutely excellent coming on the last few games. I don't think he'll be dislodging Harvey or Ayoze any time soon as they're already quite effective in a settled first XI, but we're still very early into the season and there should be plenty of opportunities for him.

• Like 4

Go on now Demarai. Keep working hard........ I know he's going to make a huge contribution to this Club.

One of many that some will have written off. Seen Rodgers do this again and again.

Nothing more positive and uplifting than watching/feeling a persons hard work and success. Blessed to be able to witness it.

Made a big impact on saturday when he came on, just gave us an extra bit of impetus going forward and it made the difference. Hopefully he continues with more performances like that and can repeat it when he has the opportunity to start.

Most people who support other clubs (and I know quite a few) have always spoken highly of him. 

I've always replied that they don't see as much of him as I do, and I've not been overly impressed. 

He seems a lot brighter the last few games and I'm delighted for him, as I would be any Leicester player. 

Would love him to turn out to be the player we all hoped he would become 👍

His development has been frustrating. When he was bought I remember the hope that he'd develop further on from his Birmingham start but that was nearly four years ago. I do wonder if they're priming him for a January sale to a relegation struggle club. Big him up as an exciting prospect that can add energy.  Either that or he's going to be an impact player to stretch defences in the last 20/15 minutes of games. 

I can't imagine that the club view him as the future first choice winger that it was hoped he'd grow into.

What he brings to the team when he comes on is an energy just when we are perhaps running out of ideas. The whole tempo of the Team improves and both of the above  coupled with his improved decision making is whats making the difference. 

BR deserves great credit for the job he's doing with him. 

I'm not getting all excited suddenly over a couple of steady cameos from the bench. For me, Barnes is a superior player who should be getting the majority of the game time to develop and Perez on the right is slowly, but surely, adjusting to his new role in the team. I do hope Gray improves but I'm not getting all excited on the back of a couple of cameos from the bench.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

I'm not getting all excited suddenly over a couple of steady cameos from the bench. For me, Barnes is a superior player who should be getting the majority of the game time to develop and Perez on the right is slowly, but surely, adjusting to his new role in the team. I do hope Gray improves but I'm not getting all excited on the back of a couple of cameos from the bench.

Are you sure you picked the right one? 

Image result for father ted characters

:ph34r:

Edited by Jacnah
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Most people who support other clubs (and I know quite a few) have always spoken highly of him. 

I've always replied that they don't see as much of him as I do, and I've not been overly impressed. 

He seems a lot brighter the last few games and I'm delighted for him, as I would be any Leicester player. 

Would love him to turn out to be the player we all hoped he would become 👍

This what annoys me when I read people suggesting Nathan Redmond... he is literally Southampton's Gray. He looks great from the outside but is usually underwhelming overall. 

Nothing more dangerous than highlight players... poorly managed clubs often take a punt on these.  Probably how we ended up with Beckford

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

This what annoys me when I read people suggesting Nathan Redmond... he is literally Southampton's Gray. He looks great from the outside but is usually underwhelming overall. 

Nothing more dangerous than highlight players... poorly managed clubs often take a punt on these.  Probably how we ended up with Beckford

It's how we got Zsolt Laczko lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Won't be surprised if he goes in Jan, I'm thinking he won't be happy playing a bit part and will be looking for more game time that some clubs will give him.

Is he going to get it better than he has it here though? Say he makes 30 apps this year in the league and the Cups for a team that is pressing for Champions league, is he going to get that elsewhere? Either he'll go to an Everton/West Ham type where he'll get similar game time but not be pressing for Europe, if he'll go to a duffer like Palace and be playing regular but fighting relegation for the rest of his career. 

26 minutes ago, shade said:

regardless of form, ever? bit weird.

Yeah, not that weird really - granted, it's a bit rock and a hard place but at the moment everything is working and he's been perennially ineffectual as a starter. Gray seems to be doing really well as defences tire and games get stretched, coming on fresh. I don't think he can do that from kick off in the same manner Barnes manages to, who even on off days still drives at defences and causes issues.