Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s taller but cork is hardly a midfield monster !

OK but silky skills are not really respected by teams like Burnley. In the broader scheme of things pitching Tielemans and Maddison against the likes of Henderson and Fabinho is bordering on the suicidal.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Fair points.  I find it bonkers that folk are advocating leaving him out the next game on the West Ham thread after he's just scored and won a pen in the previous game, talk about smashing someone's confidence to bits.

Hopefully, like me, the ameteur team selectors out there are throwing out different options and it's actually easy to drop Barnes for a new look system. If Rodgers gets his favoured system back on track, then Barnes has to start for me.  

• Like 1

That lack of checking for the handball. Football's either corrupt or the officials are deliberately misusing technology in fear of it eventually replacing them. It simply has to be one or the other. There's just no way they're this inept by accident.

22 hours ago, st albans fox said:

except taylor didn't give it wheras oliver did …. VAR wont stop those inconsistencies which means the 'big clubs' still have a positive bias for them 

Very true point. Unfortunately, the system isn't broken its the people running it that is causing the major issues. 

I haven't kept an eye on it but is VAR as controversial in other major leagues (Spain, Italy etc.). If not, surely we have to now appreciate that our league officials carry some fault here. 

I don't want to keep banging on about VAR as I do believe we lost the game due to our own inefficiencies on the day. We (or I should I say) certainly shouldn't be looking for excuses for what was, in my opinion a below par performance. 

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Very true point. Unfortunately, the system isn't broken its the people running it that is causing the major issues. 

I haven't kept an eye on it but is VAR as controversial in other major leagues (Spain, Italy etc.). If not, surely we have to now appreciate that our league officials carry some fault here. 

I don't want to keep banging on about VAR as I do believe we lost the game due to our own inefficiencies on the day. We (or I should I say) certainly shouldn't be looking for excuses for what was, in my opinion a below par performance. 

as far as i understand it, in other leagues, either the bar is so high that very few decisions are changed or, in all other leagues, the referee is invited to review the incident on a screen. then it becomes their decision to stick or change and someone else isn't re refereeing the game. the problem we have here is that the VAR doesn't want to over rule the ref unless it is clear and obvious to the nth degree.  i'm sure that had taylor been invited to look at the mee handball on sunday, he would have to give it.  similarly, had he been asked to look at praet's tackle for the first goal, he may have ruled that out …….you can see where this might be going and why perhaps they have decided to do what they have.  the basic point is that VAR shouldn't be used at all for small errors like mee and praet but absolute howlers  …. otherwise the danger is that the whole game is re refereed and last two hours+ !  take away the handball law which is small and unobvious and the offside lines which drive us all crazy …… i just think if we were sitting at Stockley park we would be making better calls than the current mob are because we wouldnt be messing with too much at all, not stopping the game to relook at an incident eight or nine times  ………… we're a laughing stock the way we are handling VAR 

The problem with the offside lines is that the genie is out of the bottle now so if they stop using them Sky/BT will use their own version and we are back to square one and in no time people will be clamouring for the ‘old’ VAR back.  The key for me is a simpler application of the offside rule whether it is head, feet, daylight or whatever just not these stupid lines from the armpit that are too subjective.  Oh yes, and tell the linos to keep their fvcking flags down.

All decisions on penalties, potential red cards, fouls in the build up etc should be 100% down to the on-field ref, using the pitch side monitor if necessary.  VAR can suggest he/she goes and looks at it but no more.

The only thing I would hand over is timekeeping.  3 minutes last Sunday when the VAR review for the penalty took 2.5 is a joke.  Again keep things simple by saying that the FT whistle can only be blown when the ball is off the field for a throw-in, corner or goal kick.

• Like 1