Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perspective is required. Sure we're doing badly, but we are lucky that we have just regressed to everyone else's mean, with a huge points buffer to help us out. I'm confident we will start to hit form before we run into any real issues.

Me too. It doesn't excuse recent results or performances but we're now seeing the importance of the points haul we made in the first half of the season. We can't relax on that for too long though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

Is anyone remotely concerned about the tackle on Cork that led to your goal?  All the Sky commentators agreed that going through the back of the man to get the ball made it a foul.

It was a foul when  viewed by VAR, disputing that is partisan.

That would be like you stating Ben Mee's line dancing wasn't a penalty lol

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

It was a foul when  viewed by VAR, disputing that is partisan.

That would be like you stating Ben Mee's line dancing wasn't a penalty lol

Point being that you could and probably should have had a second penalty; but you could and probably should have had your goal disallowed.  Even in just the one game, it worked both ways.  (Though with Taylor refereeing, it's pot luck what he gives and what he doesn't.)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Point being that you could and probably should have had a second penalty; but you could and probably should have had your goal disallowed.  Even in just the one game, it worked both ways.  (Though with Taylor refereeing, it's pot luck what he gives and what he doesn't.)

Clear and obvious ….. both were marginally not clear and obvious (though i think more people would let praet's tackle go than mee's arm) 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

VAR in essence isn't a bad idea but the inconsistency is absolutely baffling. Liverpool on Boxing Day get a pen for the same thing. 

Mee was off (I debate whether he made a genuine attempt to play the ball on the Barnes penalty in the first place) if he gave that - another penalty to us and at the very least 1-1 playing 10 men. 

Game after in Man U v Liverpool, we had a foul on De Gea yet an incident with more contact allowed against Everton invoiving DDG. 

Completely agree. I’m actually not anti-VAR theoretically but it’s STILL leading to such inconsistency. 

21 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Jesus what game were you watching?

Supposed to be the central point of our midfield and he was completley and utterly invisible.

Im with @tickler28.

People think differently. Move on.

Although i do admire you random choice of scapegoat. I am still a little loat on that one with chilwell not playing, but maddison running into a sea of bodies and attempting a somersault means he just edged it for me, but my hearts not in it enough to make him first scapegoat.

Vice-scapegoat it is.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beechey said:

Sounds a lot like "Leicester only won the league because everyone else was bad".

Give them the credit they deserve, they also won the CL...

Fair enough imo. The leicester theory hasn't faded so lets do all we can to cement this theory into folklore.

Scouse goading is fun. (Although i am delaying returning my scouse season ticket holding clients call 😂)

21 hours ago, Yes said:

It feels like there’s been a shift in mentality for some reason, possibly down to tiredness, going back to the 3-0 at Newcastle we didn’t go for it in the second half like we did earlier in the season despite them being down to 10 men through injury if I’m not mistaken. no real intensity we were just happy to see out the game for the most part, compare it to the first time we played Newcastle or when we beat Southampton 9-0 and there’s a huge difference. 

Tbf, with dec and jan fixture overload, i thought that was understandable and a professional job of resting while still playing.

Just a shame we are still trying it without a 2 goal cushion against 10 men.

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Completely agree. I’m actually not anti-VAR theoretically but it’s STILL leading to such inconsistency

so what's the point in having it? we had inconsistencies without VAR and at least it didn't take 10 minutes to make a call. it's a good idea if it was being used correctly but it never will be.

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I’m about to undertake a six hour drive down from Scotland.

For once, I am pretty glad I won’t be reading the forum this evening.

Enjoy what’s left of your weekends.

We are still 3rd in the league, by the way.

:scarf:

21 hours ago, TrentFox said:

The threads will still be here when you arrive! Travel safely. 

No escape 😂👊

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, NasPb said:

What you expect me to be happy after that result? We simply showed no mental durability today. We're winning and we give away a cheap goal, miss several good opportunities and then give away another chance and you expect me to not be fuming.? Frankly we just fell apart. We're a great today but we're not strong mentally

I dont think he cares what you think. Just that your response irritated him enough to comment 😂😘

44 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Im with @tickler28.

People think differently. Move on.

Although i do admire you random choice of scapegoat. I am still a little loat on that one with chilwell not playing, but maddison running into a sea of bodies and attempting a somersault means he just edged it for me, but my hearts not in it enough to make him first scapegoat.

Vice-scapegoat it is.

He's not a scapegoat.

The entire team was exceptionally poor. Not helped by the complete lack of dynamism in midfield. The side has no "umph" when we don't have one of Ndidi or Choudhury.

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's not a scapegoat.

The entire team was exceptionally poor. Not helped by the complete lack of dynamism in midfield. The side has no "umph" when we don't have one of Ndidi or Choudhury.

Fair comment but reads like scapegoat to me im afraid.

You say potato. I say chips.

I recall no dynamism with choudhury either personally but also doubt ndidi alone would have made the impact we need.

Im just glad one of our first teamers can come out of this unscathed by being injured.

No doubt we miss him but i think the current performance levels are too much for him alone to fix.

Guest An Sionnach

Two very bad pieces of defending (even Jonny is human) and a missed penalty were the reason we lost but our lack of physicality is being exposed now.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Two very bad pieces of defending (even Jonny is human) and a missed penalty were the reason we lost but our lack of physicality is being exposed now.

This is all true, the physicality is something we just need to "get over" - also noted that Dennis was holding off some of Burnley's more pressing intentions, keeping the ball under pressure and mananging to find his own player. 

23 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Barnes scored and done superbly to win a penalty, looking at this game in isolation I’m not sure what more you want from him. 

Absolutely right, it does sound harsh.

I know, overall, he showed more consistency than inconsistency in isolation for this game, this is something that's not been happening for a while.

Yes he's young, but he's being picked and entrusted to fill a really vital role in the starting 11 and for a while now I've not seen the investment of trust being repaid.

I watched him closely yesterday, and what I'd say I want more from is; confidence, self-belief and to step up into the zone of class he really is. 

I know his biggest problem is the expectation on him is high and that's what exposes his weaknesses, that's not his problem but mine. 

6 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Absolutely right, it does sound harsh.

I know, overall, he showed more consistency than inconsistency in isolation for this game, this is something that's not been happening for a while.

Yes he's young, but he's being picked and entrusted to fill a really vital role in the starting 11 and for a while now I've not seen the investment of trust being repaid.

I watched him closely yesterday, and what I'd say I want more from is; confidence, self-belief and to step up into the zone of class he really is. 

I know his biggest problem is the expectation on him is high and that's what exposes his weaknesses, that's not his problem but mine. 

Fair points.  I find it bonkers that folk are advocating leaving him out the next game on the West Ham thread after he's just scored and won a pen in the previous game, talk about smashing someone's confidence to bits.