Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

I’m really concerned.

Its obvious that teams are pressing us and being more physical of late, yet we have no answer. We’ve tried different systems and different personnel but its not changed things.

We are soft mentally and physically. If things don’t go our way we lack the grit to turn the tide back in our direction.

If we are now struggling against poor sides and being outclassed by good sides, where do the points come from?

We need a reaction on Wednesday, but I feel like I’ve been saying that for weeks.

So frustrating.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

As good a player as he is I don’t think missing Ndidi is the cause of all ills at all.

I agree, we are not a one man team... whatever some may think. ..and it is strange to me that a lot of the players have had a dip in form at the same time. Now, that might be as expected because maybe many of them were on form at the start of the season and this is the natural cycle, but I would then expect BR to play others to reduce the impact. I guess we have seen that to a lesser extent over the last month or so, but those coming in haven't put in stellar performances consistently either.

Fundamentally, it may just come down to how much Top wants a CL place this season, or if he/ the club are prepared to wait a little longer whilst the club sets itself to really push in a couple of years' time. Perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

You've just called half of our best players wank. 

If you can't handle defeat, I wouldn't recommend football to you. 

Why not try painting or pottery classes?

well they played poorly. Should I praise someone for playing poorly?

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’m really concerned.

Its obvious that teams are pressing us and being more physical of late, yet we have no answer. We’ve tried different systems and different personnel but its not changed things.

We are soft mentally and physically. If things don’t go our way we lack the grit to turn the tide back in our direction.

If we are now struggling against poor sides and being outclassed by good sides, where do the points come from?

We need a reaction on Wednesday, but I feel like I’ve been saying that for weeks.

So frustrating.

We are safe so none needed lol.

We clearly are going through a phase and think we just got to play through it.

Im confident we will be fine in the end but champions league places could be at risk if this goes on too long. The plus is most other big clubs are choking too

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

We could still do with an attacker with a bit of physical presence to bring on as an option. 

George Hirst is 6-4!

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

We could still do with an attacker with a bit of physical presence to bring on as an option. 

I agree, but it'd be silly money atm for anyone in the top leagues. Is George Hirst still playing for our U21's ? Could we not try a Haaland and see how he goes?

With the exception of Liverpool,  every side has or will have purple patches and dips over a season. Luckily, man utd, spurs etc all had a poor start where as we went off like a rocket, building up a nice points cushion. I would rather have the inevitable dip now, with the points in the bag than be the ones having to do the chasing. Bird in the hand and all that. The pressure is on them, but a couple more bad results and we might be feeling it. Hopefully we will correct that against whu 

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’m really concerned.

So frustrating.

Spot on here 

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

I really enjoy your posts mate. I think you are always very sober and level headed. This is a golden chance to finish top four and it would be a bitter pill to squander it now. We should have at least drawn - rare bad game from Vards.  I also thought Harvey played quite well and took his goal splendidly.  

The club needs to be honest about our form and rectify it. Wilf is badly needed. I would bring Youri in too - for all his faults he takes the creative burden off Madders and keeps the ball on the ground instead of launching it upwards. I am very tired of Gray but....surely Perez is playing his way out of this team?

Against Southampton at home we were awful but I don’t think we were today. Really I think Pope was the difference as he made a brilliant save to deny Praet for 2-0 and then saved Vardy’s penalty. That gave them the momentum they needed to win. 

But the bigger issues aren’t just performances but mental strength. We’ve bottled the big games and now we’ve lost three times recently despite going ahead first against Man City, Southampton and Burnley. This for me is the scarier thing. 

This is for sure our blip and we’ve got to trust Brendan to sort it out. 

For me though this also also shows the difference between this team and the title winners. This team plays better stuff but the title winners had bottle. After the last minute Arsenal defeat they bounced back. When Vardy was sent off against West Ham we got a point then got 7 points from the next 3 games. They only lost 3 games all season and only one - the 5-2 defeat to Arsenal was a spanking. That’s what this new generation needs - bottle.

I’m a huge James Maddison fan but he needs to stop falling over and start acting like a leader out there. He’s our x-factor player and the one that can turn a game on it’s head. The title winners had Mahrez and whilst he didn’t do it every game there were many occasions where he turned a draw into a win or loss into a draw. 

This is all a learning experience and I didn’t think Champions League was possible at the start of the season, but to miss out now would be a huge bottle job. 

So come on boys let’s see a reaction against the Hammers on Wednesday!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Probably I doubt Dyche follows him on Twitter :P

All it takes is a burnley fan to screen shot it and send it to the burnley website.

Not saying this is what happened but leaking secret tactics and lineups is just ridiculous 

Just now, Fox85 said:

All it takes is a burnley fan to screen shot it and send it to the burnley website.

Not saying this is what happened but leaking secret tactics and lineups is just ridiculous 

Well if rumours are true Danny ward had a rep doing it at liverpool maybe he runs enderbys account nowdays lol

50 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

One final time...

Just take a moment to look at the stats of the game. You’ll see just about everything was even. Possession, tackles, shots etc etc

We gained momentum again mid way into the second half, got the breakthru with the penalty and that would have been game over.

Vardy missed it, that got their peckers up and they won.

It was a very open, end to be game that we could have easily won

It wasn’t this terrible performance so many on here are making out it was.

Don’t blame Mendy by the way, blame Vardy.

Oh and Maddison who looked like he’d got shot every time someone tackled him

We miss Wilf Ndidi big time

Against Burnley, a team on an almost record awful run. Puts those stats into context and since Norwich, we have been largely very poor. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1