Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Ordering a takeaway

On 12/05/2020 at 13:55, Libertine said:

Had Deliveroo from Giggling Squid on Saturday. Nice, but 3 spring rolls + a dip for £6.50. £35 in total for two people, ouch.

Well you are paying restaurant prices I guess.

So pissed off I live too far out for a Deliveroo.

On 12/05/2020 at 13:55, Libertine said:

Had Deliveroo from Giggling Squid on Saturday. Nice, but 3 spring rolls + a dip for £6.50. £35 in total for two people, ouch.

The Mrs keeps banging on about this place like it's the answer to all our problems. 

• Haha 1

Never got the fascination of ordering a takeaway from an app, by being lazy/drunk you can pay more for it, wait an infinite amount of time and receive the food luke warm. 

Also the Deliveroo advert where the child is waiting for the delivery by the front door is everything wrong with 21st century parenting. 

5 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Never got the fascination of ordering a takeaway from an app, by being lazy/drunk you can pay more for it, wait an infinite amount of time and receive the food luke warm. 

Also the Deliveroo advert where the child is waiting for the delivery by the front door is everything wrong with 21st century parenting. 

Yes. I'm incredibly old school and tend to ring through an order to my chosen takeaway and pick it up 40 mins later. 

One of the small magical highlights of parenthood was taking my 4 year old with me to order a pizza, deliberately not rang ahead, so I could teach him the value of having a sneaky beer whilst waiting away from 'the women' 

• Like 1

I miss a good choice of really good  Take-aways,   like I had  known in the UK..every Town/Suburbs & City having many choices

I like Belguim, for their. Pommes-frites Plus Good Belgium faire,Doner,Pizzas, But Not Too much else..

Nethlands just for the Indonesien /Chinese choices,Döner ,Pizzas Not much else

France like UK use to have a Good Rack of Take-away choices.

Germany...ok if you know where to go,but not everywhere,also so many seem to Close before 21:30.

Your Thoughts / opinions

In Europe...forgetting The Big  known American-chains, ..

Which Country do you Think has the best Quality & variety of  pure Take-Aways ( Not Restaurants with TA-service)