Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Ordering a takeaway

had an indian at some stage in this lockdown. probably like 2 weeks ago. probs get something this weekend depending on what's in the fridge. 

if i was in my own flat by myself and not my mum's house i would've had about 10 in the last 2 weeks, hundred percent. 

• Like 1

I usually only order takeaway once every few months, but did it today because I had an Ubereats code and wanted to space out the food in my fridge to last until my grocery delivery slot next week.

i think you’re right to be paranoid tbh, I’m convinced I once caught a cold off a Domino’s pizza order (was in the middle of essentially self isolating for 2 weeks cramming for exams and didn’t come in contact with anything else external)

I've had Domino's pizza a couple of times over the last two weeks. They just knock on your door and leave it outside. They've even got a new special box which goes on the floor under your pizza boxes.

I get the worry, but it's no diffferent to going to a supermarket and picking stuff off the shelves. Probably safer.

• Like 1

In danger of over thinking this…. My daughter had her 12th birthday in lockdown (she was incredibly mature about it all)

she wanted pizza delivered and that’s what we did

took delivery…. Paced the pizza on a chopping board, dispensed with the cardboard, washed hands and enjoyed 

best advice I’ve had through this (and i suspect I’ve already had a mild version of it) is imagine that everything outside your home is covered is in sh*t!

Be sensible and responsible - but avoid paranoia! 

I haven't ordered one for 2 weeks, been living off cooked food really, feel a bit better for it. I've saved about £60 in 2 weeks mind, no takeaways nor food at work while on shift.

I think takeaways will be fine though, you can never be sure, but as stated you're probably more likely to catch it down the supermarket or something.

Having for several months wanted to do bloody violence to the person who came up with their jingle, last night I downloaded and used the "Just Eat" App for the first time.

To use the Indian takeaway at the bottom of my road, who are now delivery only.

Poppadoms and onions in red sauce (scottish indian takeaways all do this, if you've never had onions in red spicy sauce, you need try it)

Chicken Tikka Pardesi

Lamb Mince and pea Muttar

2 x plain naans

Job was a very goodun.

:thumbup:

DID SOMEBODY SAY JUST EAT?

Edit to add that this little lot will do me and Mrs Vac all weekend.  :)

Edited by Vacamion

6 hours ago, Wolfox said:

In danger of over thinking this…. My daughter had her 12th birthday in lockdown (she was incredibly mature about it all)

she wanted pizza delivered and that’s what we did

took delivery…. Paced the pizza on a chopping board, dispensed with the cardboard, washed hands and enjoyed 

best advice I’ve had through this (and i suspect I’ve already had a mild version of it) is imagine that everything outside your home is covered is in sh*t!

Be sensible and responsible - but avoid paranoia! 

So you all ate pizza covered in shit? 

13 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Poppadoms and onions in red sauce (scottish indian takeaways all do this, if you've never had onions in red spicy sauce, you need try it)

Spice of India in Syston do the onions in spicy red sauce and they are amazing. 

• Like 2

Yeah I ordered pizza about a week ago, there's the option for them to leave it at your door and the Uber Eats delivery guy was wearing a face mask. Safer than going to pick something up I reckon (well you might get the shits depending where you order from, but bog roll is more widely available now)

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Wife’s colleague ordered a takeaway at 6pm and it arrived at 10.45pm. They’re now that sparse in that area that the ones who are still open are thriving but clearly struggling to meet demand.

i need to find one in the rothley/sorrel/Sileby/syston area that does a decent kebab as I am gonna get loose tonight down the virtual pub

Tried to order an Indian last Saturday but couldn't get through, too busy I'd guess, so I had a pizza from Syston Sizzlers. Took them nearly 2 hours to deliver. 

Im hoping to order a Chinese tonight. 

I would suggest now more than ever into looking at the hygiene rating of the place you’re ordering from. 

(Do you really want your food prepared by a nose picking, dirty, untrained chef that doesn’t believe in hand washing)? 

www.ratings.food.gov.uk 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milo said:

I would suggest now more than ever into looking at the hygiene rating of the place you’re ordering from. 

(Do you really want your food prepared by a nose picking, dirty, untrained chef that doesn’t believe in hand washing)? 

www.ratings.food.gov.uk 

Nice reminder, however bored they are please don't let your teenage sons cook you anything......lives are at stake!

• Haha 2

Yes, once a week either on a Friday or Saturday night as a treat.

Good way of keeping locals businesses going too. Not going to lie by saying thats the main motivator for getting a take away but its a nice additional benefit.

Had a TJs last Saturday, no problem. Went and collected it myself.

Went to order a birthday takeaway on Thursday at 7pm for my little girl. Both local chinkys were closed. Domino's unanswered. TJs unanswered. Both local chippys closed. Local curry house closed.

So I drew from that that they'd all jacked it in.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Had a TJs last Saturday, no problem. Went and collected it myself.

Went to order a birthday takeaway on Thursday at 7pm for my little girl. Both local chinkys were closed. Domino's unanswered. TJs unanswered. Both local chippys closed. Local curry house closed.

So I drew from that that they'd all jacked it in.

That's very much the picture in the West End of Leicester. Which may be where you are.

My kids have requested takeaway pizza so I'll be going through the apps later to see if it's an option or their culinary dreams are to be crushed