Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Ordering a takeaway

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Best advice I've seen if that if it's hot food it's going to kill the virus if there's any on it. Anything above 60C kills even the most steadfast of viruses. Just make sure the delivery driver drops it off on your doorstep.

That presumes the virus is on the food prior to the cooking process and not transferred from the person cooking it or putting it in the packaging. I'm far more concerned by the latter than the former, because the food probably hasn't come into contact with a human outside of the person cooking it for several days, meaning the virus couldn't survive. If the person cooking it has the virus, then they can transfer it post cooking. 

I'd heat is again at home in the over or something to make sure, dispose of packaging, wash hands etc.

But honestly, why take the risk is the way I'm looking at it. Can people really trust their local take away...

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That presumes the virus is on the food prior to the cooking process and not transferred from the person cooking it or putting it in the packaging. I'm far more concerned by the latter than the former, because the food probably hasn't come into contact with a human outside of the person cooking it for several days, meaning the virus couldn't survive. If the person cooking it has the virus, then they can transfer it post cooking. 

I'd heat is again at home in the over or something to make sure, dispose of packaging, wash hands etc.

But honestly, why take the risk is the way I'm looking at it. Can people really trust their local take away...

What’s the point anyway? The only reason I’d have a take away is, if I didn’t have time to cook, I’m too tired because of work or I had nothing in. Non of those reasons are even remotely valid now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What’s the point anyway? The only reason I’d have a take away is, if I didn’t have time to cook, I’m too tired because of work or I had nothing in. Non of those reasons are even remotely valid now.

Does being too fvcking lazy to cook count as a valid reason? :ph34r:

Just now, Strokes said:

I’m not judging others but honestly I find cooking a pleasure most of the time.

It helps pass the time also.

I envy you. Complete opposite for me, I hate cooking and honestly start dreading dinner time the closer it gets. I love eating food, so it's a shame really, and even though I'm reasonably good at it I just see cooking as a proper chore. 

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I envy you. Complete opposite for me, I hate cooking and honestly start dreading dinner time the closer it gets. I love eating food, so it's a shame really, and even though I'm reasonably good at it I just see cooking as a proper chore. 

I just crack open a beer, put the radio on and sing at the top of my voice and dance around whilst doing it. My kids think I’m completely mental 😂 

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

TJs special - tea stuff of legend. 

Big TJs special. That third burger!

Edited to add that David Gower, no less, was a big fan of the original Clarendon Park TJs back in the day. A man who normally eats Caviar as a snack. No higher praise. 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I just crack open a beer, put the radio on and sing at the top of my voice and dance around whilst doing it. My kids think I’m completely mental 😂 

Is it you that lives in the flat below me!! We’ll be having words tomorrow!!

• Haha 2

Guest MattP
36 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m not judging others but honestly I find cooking a pleasure most of the time.

It helps pass the time also.

Same. Whack a podcast or some music on, I actually enjoy the hour or so I take to prepare Sunday dinner.

A Safe takeaway...!!

Take in turns,with your Partner to cook once or twice a week...Put it in cartons go out through the backdoor, ring the bell at the Front door,shooting through the letter Box "Take away delivery, und it over to your family/Ppartner take it in ,unpack it on the Dinner table....Lots of fun..!!!

If you Live in a flat...have a Cradle und rope... After cooking and packaging,Take it to a place under the window,get

your partner to Haul it up through the window.....

Sort of creation of .... "home-Office Take-away"...:celebrate:

Edited by fuchsntf

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

Same. Whack a podcast or some music on, I actually enjoy the hour or so I take to prepare Sunday dinner.

A spatula makes a great impromptu air guitar and I bash the wooden spoon against all the pots. Mostly way off the beat. lol

23 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ordered Chinese today for the kids...took 2 hours.

Myself and the Mrs did a poooooonjabi banquet of bahijis, samosas, lamb kebabs and prawn puris

So you had a few pints, felt her up a bit, setting her up for a late night surprise but not before she's cooked all that for you?

Well played sir.

Still trying to figure out dinner over here and its already 5pm.

• Haha 1