Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Ordering a takeaway

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Think it's more ignorance per say. I understand the " easy connection" but it's not that way at all. Change your way of thinking bro!  Covid doesnt hate based on skin colour.

I know it's stupid to think it's any more dangerous getting Chinese food than any other takeout. 

I've really just slowed down a lot on any food takeout/delivery. Normally that's half my meals for the week. 

• Like 1

The thing is that in the takeaways the guys cooking it are all very close to each other and not distancing st all. But I guess the heat kills any virus anyway so it doesn’t matter? 

I had a curry the day after the lockdown and collected it fine. However now where I am (Ashby) I think most are closed apart from a kebab place. All the Chinese places are completely shut, walked passed one earlier that even had a sign confirming that they were closed and no one in the family had a confirmed case of Covid 19. Makes me think that they have been receiving some grief.

Edited by Unabomber

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The thing is that in the takeaways the guys cooking it are all very close to each other and not distancing st all. But I guess the heat kills any virus anyway so it doesn’t matter? 

I had a curry the day after the lockdown and collected it fine. However now where I am (Ashby) I think most are closed apart from a kebab place. All the Chinese places are completely shut, walked passed one earlier that even had a sign confirming that they were closed and no one in the family had a confirmed case of Covid 19. Makes me think that they have been receiving some grief.

In some cases these places will be family run and they'll live together as well as work. I'm assuming that's the cases in the one you walked passed. So as long as they have no contact with customers then they are fine to carry on working too.

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

Tried to order an Indian last Saturday but couldn't get through, too busy I'd guess, so I had a pizza from Syston Sizzlers. Took them nearly 2 hours to deliver. 

Im hoping to order a Chinese tonight. 

The Chinese was shut so we're ordering from an Indian in Thurmaston, The Generous Raj. Never tried it before, hope it's not crap.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The Chinese was shut so we're ordering from an Indian in Thurmaston, The Generous Raj. Never tried it before, hope it's not crap.

I think the portions are quite genero...

...sorry.

Good to see you back by the way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Think it's more ignorance per say. I understand the " easy connection" but it's not that way at all. Change your way of thinking bro!  Covid doesnt hate based on skin colour.

Yeah but the corona crates in the beer aisle are the only ones left.... explain......0

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not really into takeaways, but literally just ordered a pizza from Roberto's Pizza Syston.

Delivery is due in an hour.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Guesty said:

I've had Domino's pizza a couple of times over the last two weeks. They just knock on your door and leave it outside. They've even got a new special box which goes on the floor under your pizza boxes.

I get the worry, but it's no diffferent to going to a supermarket and picking stuff off the shelves. Probably safer.

You mean the normal dominos box turned inside out? That special box? lol lol lol

We had Dominos last night, reduced menu though. No drinks either. 

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not had one in ages, but reading this thread has made me really crave for some sweet and sour chicken balls. However living in a village outside of Melton, not many places will deliver so collection is really my only option. 

My go to for a chinese is sweet and sour chicken balls with egg fried rice. Now desperatley searching for a delivery service round where i live. I was quite happy with garlic kiev and chips until you mentioned that lol

• Haha 2

Decided to bite the bullet and order an Indian, was halfway through choosing after about 10 minutes of the kids changing their minds several times. All of a sudden the page disappeared and it now says restaurant closed.

Chicken nuggets in the oven 😂

31 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Seen that place on JustEat etc.  Let us know what it's like please 👍🏻

Not bad at all, they delivered half an hour quicker than they said as well.

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not really into takeaways, but literally just ordered a pizza from Roberto's Pizza Syston.

Delivery is due in an hour.

That was my idea when I found out the Chinese was shut, but I was out voted.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not crap but wouldn't go again unless it was someone else's choice. Red rose all day every day > :D

25 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

It's not crap but wouldn't go again unless it was someone else's choice. Red rose all day every day > :D

Cant fault the red rose, never had a bad meal, to be fair the spice never let's you down either. 

The taj on the other hand. 

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Local Hinckley Restaurant, Inferno, does a take away service now. Decent, authentic Italian. Had one last night. The best pizza in this area.

@Wymsey and @Boll Blau why is that funny?

• Haha 1