Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes1988

Assassins Creed Valhalla

24 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

Ubisoft have revealed the name of the next AC title and some artwork.

Also releasing a trailer around 3pm.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Cinematic World Premiere Trailer (April 30 8 AM PDT)

Thoughts? Some viking raids should be fun.  Would imagine this is likely to be an RPG style AC like Odyssey and Origins

AC Valhalla.jpg

Being of danish descent I am quite looking forward to the concept. If they employ it in the manner of Odyssey then I’ll have hopefully little complaint. I’ve always wondered why he haven’t had more historical games / tv shows. I’m desperate for someone to do a decent Ghengis / Kublai Khan series.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, casablancas said:

Being of danish descent I am quite looking forward to the concept. If they employ it in the manner of Odyssey then I’ll have hopefully little complaint. I’ve always wondered why he haven’t had more historical games / tv shows. I’m desperate for someone to do a decent Ghengis / Kublai Khan series.  

Man a Kublai Khan era of Assassins Creed would be awesome.  The civil war & conquest of the Song Dynasty and rise of Yuan Dynasty

So watching the trailer its focusing on Viking raids on England.  Obviously a Mention of Odin in there and use of a hidden blade.  Although still cant see it being anything else then an RPG style AC

Need a baddie for your film, tv show, book or game...... just use the English again lol

3 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Man a Kublai Khan era of Assassins Creed would be awesome.  The civil war & conquest of the Song Dynasty and rise of Yuan Dynasty

Yeah it would. Also the mongols and the Xin/Chin were buggers for trying to infiltrate and assassinate. Would be a great idea me thinks. 

In Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla, you are Eivor, a fierce Viking warrior raised on tales of battle and glory. Explore a dynamic and beautiful open world set against the brutal backdrop of England’s Dark Ages. Raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power in your quest to earn your place among the gods in Valhalla.  

Key Features 

WRITE YOUR VIKING SAGA–Advanced RPG mechanics allow you to shape the growth of your character and influence the world around you. With every choice you make, from political alliances and combat strategy to dialogue and gear progression, you will carve your own path to glory.  

VISCERAL COMBAT SYSTEM –Dual-wield powerful weapons such as axes, swords, and even shields to relive the ruthless fighting style of the Viking warriors. Brutally decapitate your foes, vanquish them from afar, or stealthily assassinate targets with your hidden blade. Challenge yourself with the most varied collection of deadly enemies ever found in an Assassin’s Creed game.  

A DARK AGE OPEN WORLD–Sail from the harsh and mysterious shores of Norway to the beautiful but forbidding kingdoms of England and beyond. Immerse yourself in the Viking way of life through fishing, hunting, drinking games, and more.  

LEAD EPIC RAIDS –Launch massive assaults against Saxon troops and fortresses throughout England. Lead your clan in surprise attacks from your longship and pillage enemy territories to bring riches and resources back to your people.  

GROW YOUR SETTLEMENT–Construct and upgrade buildings that allow for deep customization, including a barracks, blacksmith, tattoo parlor, and more. Recruit new members to your clan and personalize your Viking experience.  

MERCENARY VIKINGS–Create and customize a unique Viking raider within your clan and share it online with friends to use during their own raids

The artwork reveal was pretty impressive the day before yesterday.  I watched the final hour of that.  The guy spent about 7 hours on it from scratch I believe.

The trailer yesterday was also as impressive as ever.  Reading the in game description above though we seem to be moving further and further away from what AC is about with each of these new RPG instalments.  Not that this is a bad thing, but another 95 hour slog, albeit in a different setting, with identical mechanics to Origins and Odyssey and everyone will moan like they did with the older iterations of the game post Ezio.

The game desperately needs a better modern era tie in imo, a new take on the Desmond idea.  

Still, I will get it but will probably wait for the PS5 version.

• 6 months later...
On 04/11/2020 at 14:14, Ginger_Filbert said:

Pre-ordered this to be my release game. Looks incredible in the videos on YouTube. 

Agreed I got sucked in after watching a few videos as it seems to fit the bill of the open world game I was after, really does look brilliant! I’m hoping the ability to unlock different weapons/combos will stop it becoming a bit mundane after a few days

Does look very good and like they've tried some different stuff with leveling up.

Loved Odyssey as it just had so much interesting content particularly with the different storylines. The combat did get a bit samey but it looks more interesting here.

Plus it's set in England! Glad Cyberpunk got delayed as well so there's more time for it.

35 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The PS5 version is the same price as the PS4 version so this is most likely the next title I will pick up once frustration sets in with the difficulty posed by Demon Souls.  Probably a day 2 buy then in that case lol

That’s the 1 thing that put me off snapping up demon souls lol 

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

For all the razzmatazz that Ubisoft do to sell their current AC titles, nothing beats AC2.  Perfect blend of being an actual Assassin with a half decent modern backstory to keep it going.  That and the fact that playing as Ezio will never be bested.

The latest 2 or 3 (including Valhalla) haven't even really been about assassins anymore, I do miss the days of the first few. I think I was in year 9 when the original was released, I borrowed it off a mate on the Friday and was in isolation (naughty boy detention copying from textbooks) for the whole day, I was buzzing to play it when I got home and it didn't disappoint, it was groundbreaking (at the time).

• Like 1