Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes1988

Assassins Creed Valhalla

Review embargo lifted (choose your oreferes outlet) today and its been positively reviewed. Still holding for for now as got a few other games on and Cyberpunk isn't miles away (until it's delayed again) and these games need a good chunk of time.

Anyone else getting it straight away or holding off? 

6 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Review embargo lifted (choose your oreferes outlet) today and its been positively reviewed. Still holding for for now as got a few other games on and Cyberpunk isn't miles away (until it's delayed again) and these games need a good chunk of time.

I want it straight away. But with Spider Man and Cyberpunk coming I think ill hold out until next year. Odyssey went down in price relatively quickly so hopefully this follows the same path

On 09/11/2020 at 12:19, Zear0 said:

Feeling guilty while raiding monasteries in Leicestershire.

On 13/11/2020 at 18:46, dmayne7 said:

Na, just stealing from the church who 'stole' it anyway :D.

The game's worth a try. Combat has been improved, the grind definitely towned down, the protagonist okay, the story somewhat enjoyable. However it's still the same formula and you must be prepared to invested dozens of hours in it. I'm a sucker for history, lost ages and any kind of mythology, that's why I keep coming back at the series and tend to buy them at launch.

For any other I would recommend to wait until the DLCs are out and a sale.

image.png.550de9256d43910e300207f4264c719b.png

lol   I thought I read the map is smaller than Odyssey.  If it is, why should it take another 15 hours to get the platinum over Odyssey - must be a load more grinding and pointless collectibles then?

I really do wish Ubisoft would just tone it down, stick with what works, or has worked in the past (ie. AC 2 and it's spin offs) and go for quality over quantity.

On 15/11/2020 at 12:43, Legend_in_blue said:

image.png.550de9256d43910e300207f4264c719b.png

lol   I thought I read the map is smaller than Odyssey.  If it is, why should it take another 15 hours to get the platinum over Odyssey - must be a load more grinding and pointless collectibles then?

I really do wish Ubisoft would just tone it down, stick with what works, or has worked in the past (ie. AC 2 and it's spin offs) and go for quality over quantity.

Yea well it took me 120 hours to platinum Odyssey. So we cant all be as good as you lol 

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2020 at 09:40, Danizen said:

Anyone else wandering around Leicestershire in the game wondering where all those bastard mountains have gone in the past 1200 years?

😂

I live in a small village near Ely and my son said that’s in it,but none of the surrounding towns or villages.

We are in flat boring fenland and it looks more exciting apparently. 

7 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

If I buy it digitally for PS4, then I buy a PS5, how does that work?

Can I just re-download the PS5 version for free? What about my progress?

On the PS5 store you can just re-download it.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/11/12/assassins-creed-valhalla-how-to-upgrade-from-ps4-to-ps5-for-free/

'If you’re already well into Eivor’s journey on PS4 then there are a couple of things you should take into consideration. If you’ve logged into Ubisoft Connect via the game’s menu then you can carry your save data over to PS5 and pick up where you left. Of course, make sure you have a copy of your save file also backed up on a console of USB just in case there’s an error.

One thing that doesn’t carry over however is your trophy progress. Booting up Valhall on PS5 for the first time will present an identical list of trophies that won’t unlock retroactively.'

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

On the PS5 store you can just re-download it.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/11/12/assassins-creed-valhalla-how-to-upgrade-from-ps4-to-ps5-for-free/

'If you’re already well into Eivor’s journey on PS4 then there are a couple of things you should take into consideration. If you’ve logged into Ubisoft Connect via the game’s menu then you can carry your save data over to PS5 and pick up where you left. Of course, make sure you have a copy of your save file also backed up on a console of USB just in case there’s an error.

One thing that doesn’t carry over however is your trophy progress. Booting up Valhall on PS5 for the first time will present an identical list of trophies that won’t unlock retroactively.'

Many thanks. I'm very tempted by it, but not sure I want to spend the money. I'm just so bored today.

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Might be worth waiting till Black Friday as Ubisoft games notoriously end up in the sales

Plenty of Black Friday sales already going on. Watch Dogs is in Xbox's sale but no Valhalla sadly although may be added this Friday.

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

If you’ve got Amazon Prime and twitch you can claim some cosmetics, nothing ground breaking but worth getting if you’re into that sort of thing

It's actually a bit better than that as it gives you top rarity amour, spear and shield on top of the ship, horse and raven skins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ah I want to buy it but i'm in the middle of Miles Morales and have Cyberpunk on 10th December and wondering if I can squeeze this in between.

Knowing my luck I will buy it then it goes down in price for xmas

I would say it depends on how much time you get to play games really

Miles Morales is about 15 hours for main story, side missions and collectables (then probably a few more hours to platinum it)

The numbers below are how long it takes to finish Valhalla depending on how you play

B8247C53-5063-4E9C-8AEF-453FD77F3DB3.jpeg

I finished Miles Morales over the weekend and I am also now 12 hours into Valhalla, should hopefully just about finish the main story at least by the time Cyberpunk comes out

Edited by moore_94