Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Well you posted something above from one.

People can post what you they of course, I seriously doubt I am the most popular poster on here. But I find a lot of your stuff to be just low-level trolling, which nobody else on this thread does as much. I think if you were not as well known you'd be told to **** off more. 

Thank you. I got pelters on Sunday for having a go at him for the same. Tbh, you were probably friendlier about it, but you're totally spot on. 

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Thank you. I got pelters on Sunday for having a go at him for the same. Tbh, you were probably friendlier about it, but you're totally spot on. 

Keep speaking truth to power comrade. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As for the original question, is it incorrect the left and right of the Labour party are not as closely aligned as they perhaps ought to be?

For both the left and right of the party we see the Tories as political opponents, but we see the opposing faction as political enemies. This is been the case for 70 years. Bevan and Gaitskell, Healey and Benn, Corbyn and Starmer, it doesn't change. It's just the way it is.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bovril said:

I find a lot of your stuff to be just low-level trolling, which nobody else on this thread does. I think if you were not as well known you'd be told to **** off more. 

I don't hide my real name and there have been plenty on here who have had regular digs at me (in football topics) but that's fine because it's only a forum, I can mute them and life bounces on perfectly sweetly.

Low level trolling? I don't think I troll anyone on here. If I did, the mods would soon put a stop to that.

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I didn't see you get any 'pelters' from people. Are you sure you're not imagining things?

12 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

For both the left and right of the party we see the Tories as political opponents, but we see the opposing faction as political enemies. This is been the case for 70 years. Bevan and Gaitskell, Healey and Benn, Corbyn and Starmer, it doesn't change. It's just the way it is.

Thank you for the sensible and measured response sir. I knew somebody would eventually explain it properly :thumbup:

I don't particularly vote one party or the other. I look at policies and what the local MP has been involved in, then make a decision. What I think Labour need to do, based on what I'm seeing, is grit their teeth and accept they've lost a lot of touch with voters. Like it or not, Tories have a broader appeal and also a diverse cabinet. 

Labour may have to start sticking some working man types in the likes of Hartlepool and maybe talking about the positives of Brexit. Takes a bloody big sail to steer the ship though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't hide my real name and there have been plenty on here who have had regular digs at me (in football topics) but that's fine because it's only a forum, I can mute them and life bounces on perfectly sweetly.

Low level trolling? I don't think I troll anyone on here. If I did, the mods would soon put a stop to that.

I didn't see you get any 'pelters' from people. Are you sure you're not imagining things?

Thank you for the sensible and measured response sir. I knew somebody would eventually explain it properly :thumbup:

Your first point is incorrect as the mods often let trolling go, depending on who does it MattP got away with it for years.

The posts have been deleted now, but you reacted to a few, so you know a couple of posters went back at me for calling you out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The posts have been deleted now, but you reacted to a few, so you know a couple of posters went back at me for calling you out.

They may have gently replied to you but it wasn't 'giving you pelters' by any stretch of the imagination, sir.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They may have gently replied to you but it wasn't 'giving you pelters' by any stretch of the imagination, sir.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Anyway, that a few people now, including myself who think you're a bit of a low level troll, and a few silent people who have liked the post calling you out on it. So I think it's pretty obvious even if unintentional, that's a vibe you're giving off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Anyway, that a few people now, including myself who think you're a bit of a low level troll, and a few silent people who have liked the post calling you out on it. So I think it's pretty obvious even if unintentional, that's a vibe you're giving off.

Good job it's not a popularity contest because I'd be in the FT relegation zone!

I'll try my best not to get too upset about a few people disliking me on a forum :thumbup:

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Good job it's not a popularity contest because I'd be in the FT relegation zone!

I'll try my best not to get too upset about a few people disliking me on a forum :thumbup:

I'm not saying you should get upset.

I'm saying we're all here to enjoy using the forum, so why you would go out your way to actively try and ruin that for others is a bit weird, especially for a man in his mid 40's. Maybe instead, try you're best to not be a WUM

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

No worries. I do think many on here and the real world have issues with people with different political opinions and ideologies to themselves. Surprisingly it's those who think themselves with 'grown up' politics who are the worst offenders. I'll engage with anyone, everyone you meet knows something you don't know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not saying you should get upset.

I'm saying we're all here to enjoy using the forum, so why you would go out your way to actively try and ruin that for others is a bit weird, especially for a man in his mid 40's. Maybe instead, try you're best to not be a WUM

You think I'm actively trying to ruin the forum for others?

By posting political polls in a politics thread?

Seriously?