Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Analysethis

3 Substitution Rule

Hi All

Apologies if this has been mentioned but I am clutching at straws. Also apologies if this has already come up before (Mods close if it has)

Is the new subs rule that you can make up to 5 subs but only over three separate occasions? I've just seen United get a late injury and not being able to make another sub and they ended up conceding a late goal. Yesterday, although we got battered it looks like Bournemouth made subs in the 40th, 46th (2 players), 81st and 90th mins so 4 separate changes. Had they not made that sub in the 90th minute we would have easily come back with out 10 men to win 5-4.

Before I email the Prem demanded the three points as we have clearly been cheated, can someone clarify the rule?!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Hi All

Apologies if this has been mentioned but I am clutching at straws. Also apologies if this has already come up before (Mods close if it has)

Is the new subs rule that you can make up to 5 subs but only over three separate occasions? I've just seen United get a late injury and not being able to make another sub and they ended up conceding a late goal. Yesterday, although we got battered it looks like Bournemouth made subs in the 40th, 46th (2 players), 81st and 90th mins so 4 separate changes. Had they not made that sub in the 90th minute we would have easily come back with out 10 men to win 5-4.

Before I email the Prem demanded the three points as we have clearly been cheated, can someone clarify the rule?!!

subs at half-time don't count....

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I doubt that. Would make it even more damning that Brendan only used 3 subs yesterday that halftime was a free one.

Hard luck then, because that’s the rule - halftime doesn’t count as one of the 3 occasions.

For the record, Rodgers hasn’t used all his subs a single time since the restart.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I doubt that. Would make it even more damning that Brendan only used 3 subs yesterday that halftime was a free one.

I for one am glad he didn't make anymore, would have probably took vardy off for Danny ward if he realised he could have. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

Hi All

**** it, anything's worth a try.