Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-0 Sheffield United - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-0 Sheffield United

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.4

Total Average Rating

104 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Youri Tielemans 8.5
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Harvey Barnes 6.1
  4. Manager Confidence 96% +39%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 16/07/20
Voting Ends: 19/07/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ryan Bennett
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Jonny Evans
  5. James Justin
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Youri Tielemans
  8. Luke Thomas
  9. Ayoze Pérez
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. Harvey Barnes
  12. Hamza Choudhury (sub)
  13. Demarai Gray (sub)

34 minutes ago, Nick said:

Some of Harvey’s passing and touches and runs were outstanding. Misses a couple of strikes and he’s the worst player on the pitch. Fans are more like snakes without ponies right now.

Agree mate. Barnes caused them all sorts of problems last night, best he's looked since the restart.

100% has to finish better though as it could of proved costly but overall good game 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nick said:

Some of Harvey’s passing and touches and runs were outstanding. Misses a couple of strikes and he’s the worst player on the pitch. Fans are more like snakes without ponies right now.

TBF he did miss a couple of, what by PL striker standards could be classed as sitters.

Schmeichel 7 - Little to do but did what was needed effectively.

Justin 7 - I feel he gets a little better each game. Still very rough around the edges.

Bennett 7 - Capable in these circumstances, with a deeper line and lot more protection.

Morgan 8 - Fantastic performance. Calm, composed and authoritative. Even his distribution was good (I have to say I’ve never thought he was bad on the ball). For a man his age to come in having barely played and play that well is just phenomenal.

Evans 7 - Still a few more uncharacteristic mistakes to his game last night than normal but settled and played his part in the clean sheet. Stepped out of defence nicely to start some of our more dangerous attacks.

Thomas 8 - Incredible debut for a player who, whatever Brendan says, has come out of nowhere. Not as quick as Chilwell and perhaps not as good a dribbler but clearly an extremely intelligent player who can cross and pass very well. I watched him closely and what I thought was interesting is that senior players around him barely said a word to him, in a good way, they just didn’t need to, he knew where to be and what to do. In fact it was him pointing and telling Barnes where he wanted him to provide cover. Richly deserves his chance to stake a claim for the LB position.

Ndidi and Tielemans 9 - I’m rating these two together because they were sensational in tandem, they totally bossed the game. I don’t think Sheff Utd played particularly badly, rather these two just didn’t let them play. Tackle after tackle, it wasn’t that the opposition were wasteful with the ball, they just kept being dispossessed by these two. Tielemans was the creative spark for the side and you do wonder if perhaps being the main playmaker in Maddison’s absence suits him.

Perez 7 - Better in a central role without reaching the consistency and quality of Maddison. A finely taken goal and worked hard.

Barnes 7 - Yes his finishing was wayward but he never stopped moving and being ready to finish when you’ve just hurtled into the area is a skill learned with time. He reminds me of Raheem Sterling about two years ago when he couldn’t finish his dinner and look at him now.

Vardy 9 - The man is turning into the complete striker. I’m so glad MOTD highlighted it. He played like a trequartista; in the channels, in behind, dropping deep, balls over the top, he looked like Del Piero or Totti. I don’t think you will find a player who has improved their all round game this much at this stage of their career.

• Like 3

There'll be the usual over-reactions on here - 9s & 8s scattered around like confetti when truth to tell it was an average performance - nothing like our form during the first half of the season, but such a welcome relief after Bournemouth. Tielemans ran the show and possibly had his best game of the season.

The CBs were all very good, Thomas was too, Perez & Vardy. Mostly 6s after them.

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

There'll be the usual over-reactions on here - 9s & 8s scattered around like confetti when truth to tell it was an average performance - nothing like our form during the first half of the season, but such a welcome relief after Bournemouth. Tielemans ran the show and possibly had his best game of the season.

The CBs were all very good, Thomas was too, Perez & Vardy. Mostly 6s after them.

Average performance? We dominated the whole game and should of scored way more!

Whilst im not saying it was anything special, it was certainly better than an average performance especially given our injuries also

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Cheer up. Contextually, it was massive.

I'd be more worried about an attacking player who doesn't get himself into goalscoring positions than one who does and misses. Thought Barnes had a good game.

Whole team did to be fair, I think Tielemans, Ndidi and Thomas were superb, but Vardy was causing them so many headaches.

• Like 1